eliza

MOC: Florist

Here is my latest modular addition... a small florist shop.

florist1.jpg

At first I put the Lemonade sign up as a placeholder, but my daughter thinks it's a cute name for the florist/gift shop so I think I'm leaving it.

florist2.jpg

Flowers for the shop are grown on the rooftop garden. Jack is weeding.

florist3.jpg

Seems like any florist should look a little run down in the back.

florist5.jpg

Of course they sell balloons and small gifts too.

florist4.jpg

florist6.jpg

Small apartment on the second floor.

florist7.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Thanks for sharing - what a sweet build!

The colour combo works great and the different arch curves combine for a really delightful look - I was just wondering why you've added the round plates beneath the white mudguards, to me they seem to take a bit away from that nice double curve effect... I'm also digging the offset 2-wide diagonal wall just by the door - it would have been cool if that feature could have been accented just a tad bit more, but that would probably have ruined the clean look of the second floor facade.

Have you tried placing this alongside the Market Street? I think those two could look smashing together.

Really effective colour combination and some lovely detail work in the facade and interior.

Thanks for sharing it with us!

I'd pay for this if it were a set. Lego should really consider half modulars..

Great work overall! The facade is simple yet very effective, the colors work well together and the interior is nicely decorated. This stylish MOC packs a lot of detail into a small size.

If you're looking for feedback then I'd convert the single upstairs bedroom into a bathroom, include a pullout bed in the living room area, add railing on the stair case, and include some kind of roof access.

But that's really nit picking.. Seriously, awesome job!

It looks lovely. Florist as a business fits nicely in any town. Yours has an interesting window display with slightly hinged side window, and the facade looks very interesting. I like the use of white mudguards as an extra detail, and they really stand out. The colour scheme is fine as well, but my favourite detail is the roof garden. Well done.

Delightful modular 'eliza', the colours suit it to a tee......hmm, a florist, you might have given me an idea. :wink:

Brick On 'eliza' ! :grin:

This is gorgeous! I love the colour combination and the details in the facade, particularly the combination of lime and white arches above the windows. Love it!

I really like the exterior. You have done an excellent job. :laugh: The use of colour and textures are quite nice and I can't believe it is only a 16 wide building! Keep up the good work.

Very nice building. The color scheme is very great! also the design elements make it very lovely, congratulations! :wub:

Thanks for all the comments! Hooray for all the new color/piece combos that came with the Friends line.

Thanks for sharing - what a sweet build!

The colour combo works great and the different arch curves combine for a really delightful look - I was just wondering why you've added the round plates beneath the white mudguards, to me they seem to take a bit away from that nice double curve effect... I'm also digging the offset 2-wide diagonal wall just by the door - it would have been cool if that feature could have been accented just a tad bit more, but that would probably have ruined the clean look of the second floor facade.

Have you tried placing this alongside the Market Street? I think those two could look smashing together.

That gap is because the underside of mudflap doesn't fit directly onto a piece (studded or tiled). I might find a solution to this in the future, but for now I don't think the small gap matters too much. Unfortunately I got started with modulars too late and I don't have Market Street (or Cafe Corner or Green Grocer).

I'd pay for this if it were a set. Lego should really consider half modulars..

Great work overall! The facade is simple yet very effective, the colors work well together and the interior is nicely decorated. This stylish MOC packs a lot of detail into a small size.

If you're looking for feedback then I'd convert the single upstairs bedroom into a bathroom, include a pullout bed in the living room area, add railing on the stair case, and include some kind of roof access.

But that's really nit picking.. Seriously, awesome job!

Thanks! I think it would be great if Lego came out with some half modulars. I'd like to have a variety of sizes.

I think I am going to add a railing to the stairs. I know the lack of bathrooms isn't realistic, but it is consistent with most of Lego's modulars.

Edited by eliza

Lovely MOC Eliza, it made me smile and thinking of spring, although we are in mid winter now... !! Nice colors and the pictures are of a good quality as well..!!

Very nice, I like how you solve the problem of the masonry bricks being only 2 studs wide by interspersing them with windows.

Fantastic MOC, I echo most people's comments about the colour scheme, you have accented the building very well with the colours in different areas. Your interior design is very nice and the details on the front and back of the exterior are done very well!

Thanks for sharing and happy building :laugh:

Nice facade. I think it's the first building where lime green is used with a good cromatic choice.

Thanks for sharing.

I like the design and the colour combination! Cute shop.Perhaps the first floor could use another row of bricks to make it seem a tad taller.

Interesting design. I like the overall look to it, but I would prefer to see it taller!

The awning I would switch to only cover the window, but good color usage I think.

The lime green is an interesting choice. It works decent here, but maybe less lime green as a filler and more as an accent color?

Keep up the good work!

Excellent! The combination of colors on the altitude. Interesting design, bricks here, very perfect fit inside, too. With other houses looks good. Good luck in construction!

Edited by Getn