Pandora

Expand the Winter Village Contest IV - Winners!

10746442686_8f49f9fe78_c.jpg

And the Winners Are.....

First Place:

20. Ice Sculpting Competition by gazumpty

11703882005_2d295b80a9.jpg

Who WINS: EITHER

10235 Winter Village Market

10805504395_c9efbfedbd.jpg

OR

10229 Winter Village Cottage

10805505465_22ac89a9c2.jpg

Second Place:

27. Model Train Layout by Galaktek

11704102703_acd526788e.jpg

Who WINS: whichever set is not chosen for First Prize, of the two sets above.

Third Place:

53. Test of Strength, Shooting Gallery & Roasted Chestnuts by Cara

11703873605_194f9697ba.jpg

Who WINS: 41016 Friends Advent Calendar

10805534305_d89ae35442.jpg

AND

60024 City Advent Calendar

10805533536_16a6c08ff4.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A huge congratulations to our winners, and a massive Thank You! to everyone who entered! There were so many incredible entries with so much creativity, imagination and building skill, so thank you to all the builders who entered. Thank you also to all of you who voted and showed your appreciation for all these wonderful entries. :wub:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please could the winners (Gazumpty, Galaktec and Cara) send me (Pandora) a PM listing your name, FULL address (including Country) and telephone number (and for Gazumpty your choice of First prize), so we can send you your prizes! :grin:

Thank you for this contest, staff! Every single entry was well thought-out and stupendous! Oh, and congrats to all three winners. You guys well deserve it.

Thanks to the organizers, all the competitors - the standard of entry was so high you should all be proud and congratulations to the winners.

Congratulations to the other winners. And thank you for organising this each year!

Congrats to the winners, there were so many fantastic entries, yours were clearly a step above the rest :wub: And thank you to EB for putting on a great contest which enabled everyone to enter!!

Edited by timmyc1983

Congratulations to the winners and thanks to everyone who entered the competition, you all were a great inspiration.

Last but definitely not least, a huge thank you to the people who voted for my entry.

Congratulations to gazumpty, Galaktek and Cara (I've added some traditional bling bling to your profiles :grin: ) and thanks to everyone for entering the competition. We restricted the size of the entries a bit compared to last year to give more people a chance to enter. It has resulted in a record number of entries and we were amazed at the creativity of all the entrants. We're glad to hear that everyone seems to appreciate this little twist on the competition. So, once again: thanks to everyone for making the fourth Expand the Winter Village Contest a big success. :wub:

This may sound stupid... but does the first place set get made into Lego?

No, it doesn't. We simply took TLG's idea for last year's Winter Village set and asked people to expand on it. I'm sure the designers are looking at the entries for inspiration though. :grin:

The fact that none of the entries I had voted won, shows how many great entries there are. And the winners are superb of course!

Hey everyone...first let me just say I'm honestly humbled by the response and all the kind comments received during the entire contest, it's a credit to EB and all it's members that even in a competitive environment, the feedback is always encouraging and affirming! :blush:

As this was my first proper MOC I never thought I would get close to the top 3, let alone finish 1st... so I'm really appreciative of all those who lent me their support! :classic:

Congratulations to Galatek and Cara with their fantastic entries, totally deserving of their wins and prizes. Also congratulations to each one of the other 51 entries who have really embraced this contest and given TLG something to consider for future sets. Each one would grace and be a credit to the Winter theme! :sweet:

I would like to thank (starting to feel like an oscars speech here :grin: ) everyone that voted, for me and for the other competitors, big thanks and legolove to Rick and Pandora for running the contest and sorting out the prizes.

As for my choice, I'm going to choose 10229 Winter Village Cottage, as I missed out on it at the time... and it looks pretty cool!

Right enough rambling from me...see you guys later on the forums!

As lightningtiger would say..... BRICK ON!

The competition of the Winter Village is now one of the biggest competitions with success and I am very pleased.

Congratulations to all the winners!

Congratulations to all winners and thanks to the people who organised this competition!

Congratulations to gazumpty, Galaktek, and Cara - beautiful entries and well deserved wins :thumbup:. Also a big thanks to the organizers for another great Winter Village contest.

This was a great contest. Thanks for organizing and congratulations to the winners.