Hi. I would buy 42008, because it is older, has more parts and includes both Pf and pneumatic. Did you think about the 42030? (it is a real rc set)

Between those two, 42008 is better, you get more for your money - pf, pneumatic and some nice green parts.

Thank you for your suggestions. I think I'll buy 42008 at least to get some pf and pneumatics.

Also, I don't want to open a new topic (although I doubt such one exists) so I'll ask here:

Which (newer) Technic sets do you think have most interesting building experience/instructions?

For example, I found building 42029 a very satisfying experience. Tthere are many different building techniques, like suspension, the engine, cargo hold, cabin... etc., and you don't immediately see what the model will look like until later in the instructions. You basicly combine more larger parts into one final (and even turning and pressing some parts until it hooks into another part - like when you hook suspension to the diferential). For me this is much more insteresting than straight forward building (something like 42030 has).

Edited by Tech909

8110 is indeed a beautiful set to have. Lots of parts, pneumatic and PF elements, nice tires and wheels. And the building experience is very nice.

Hy i'm planning on making something for the TC7 contest. I'm thinking to make something enforcer style but i don't know what yet.

I would build or a Crawler, a Buggy, an SUV or a Truck that transforms into a lauch platform.

at the moment i am thinking between a buggy or SUV because the truck would be huge and the crawler would be a little bit unrealistic or it has to be huge to

SO

If i make an SUV i would need some flat tires so i was thinking to buy a new set so I was thinking between the 42000 and the 42039, they are both at the same price for me to get them at my door :)

I don't mind the possibility to have 2 42039 if i would win the B contest (wont happen probraly)

thanks for helping

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

Edited by Jovssen

hy i am planning on making a new Moc for the TC7 contest.

it would be a crawler, a buggy, an SUV, or a Truck

I think i would take the buggy or SUV.

the only problem i have is that i dont have some flat tyres for the SUV so i would buy O the 42000, Or the 42039

any advise

this is my list

I'd say get the 42000. The wheels from the 42039 are more for supercars, while the 42000 wheels have bigger tires more suited for offroad terrain.

true but maybe i should say what i like about both

Get 42000, 42039's colors are hard to re-use as they're exclusive as of now to that set.

no problem for me because i love green and sometimes i would like to be able to use green plates in my moc's

SO

here is what i like about the 42000

-suspention beams

- the long steering arms (http://brickset.com/sets/containing-part-4141300)

- of corse the wheels and tyres

- White plates

- the small LA's

- the wheel bearings

what i like about the 42039

- single bush (http://brickset.com/sets/containing-part-6073231)

- short streering arms

- wheels and tyres

- green pannels

- green fenders

- new 3 long gearbox

- suspention arms

- wheel bearings

- white panels

maybe someone gets it and looks for the best option for me.

I am not hardly focused on the tyres but i get the point of the 42000 tyres are better.

maybe i'll use the 42037 tyres i don't know yet. i am mostly looking in what would be a good investion

Thanks

Edited by TheNextLegoDesinger

Merging with the generic What should I buy topic.

Looking to buy a couple current sets, and my budget is $160. Any recommendations? As of right now I've looked at the 42024, 42029, and 42038

Well here's a nice dilemma to have ...

Tesco are running a Clubcard points deal this weekend which requires £75 of Lego purchases to qualify. The problem? The only set I want (42038) isn't available, I have the flagships they are selling* and what's left isn't of much interest. So what sets should I look at for a total of £75-80 from the following:

42029 - £58.65

42024 - £49.48

42023 - £45.94

42037 - £34.48

42038 - £33.50

42022 - £25.28

42036 - £24.64

42035 - £22.97

42034 - £14.09

42036 - £13.74

42032 - £13.65

42027 - £13.54

42021 - £11.67

42031 - £7.97

42020 - £7.34

*If you haven't bought any recent flagships yet (42009, 42030, 42039) then this would be a good time to get them and then potentially save £75 on the Arocs. The 24 Hour Race Car is very conveniently priced at £77.61 perhaps just for this purpose. They've sold out of 42008 though (only available through resellers), so you can't use that set to get the extra points.

Edited by Jay Psi

I always wanted to buy a lego technic set, but where i live, the sets are just too expensive, some sets are 30% more expensive than the minimum wage in my country, so i never buy one, until now.

A guy is selling two sets. The 42008 service truck for 120usd (without electric engine and battery box), and the 8070 SuperCar in 160 usd, but i can talk to him, so he maybe can do me a discount, so i can get the super car in 120usd too.

I have the 120usd, But i only can buy one of the sets.

what set should i buy?

i love, the fake engines and the drivetrains, suspensions, etc, and the supercar have those things, but I LOVE TRUCKS, but the 42008 have nothing besides the pneumatic system, no drivetrain, no fake engine, also the wheels are too small.

I don`t know wich to buy....

Between those too, I would buy the 8070 supercar. In my opinion it looks much nicer even it has not so many functions as the 42008.

There is big topic in this forum about suggestions, ideas and recomendations for purchasing sets. Maybe there you can find more help.

Where do You live?

Here new full 42008 set now costs ~110USD. In some other contrys even cheaper. Maybe somebody could help You, by it and send.

Edited by Jurss

The truck (42008) is a bit useless without the electronics... And it sells new at LEGO Shop@Home for US$ 129.99, so that guy is overcharging you by a large margin for that set.

The supercar is very interesting, as it gives you a lot of cool parts. The cheapest I found on Bricklink is 120 euros (about US$ 135 at the moment). If you can talk him down to US$ 120 I would definitely go for that one.

The truck (42008) is a bit useless without the electronics...

I agree. I would not buy or build this without the electrics because that is really a vital part for all the functions.

I'd say buy the 8070. Nice set and a good parts pack. I bought 2 for parts; however, I would wait as you can usually get an 8070 cheaper than 120 just be patient

Well here's a nice dilemma to have ...

Tesco are running a Clubcard points deal this weekend which requires £75 of Lego purchases to qualify. The problem? The only set I want (42038) isn't available, I have the flagships they are selling* and what's left isn't of much interest. So what sets should I look at for a total of £75-80 from the following:

42029 - £58.65

42024 - £49.48

42023 - £45.94

42037 - £34.48

42038 - £33.50

42022 - £25.28

42036 - £24.64

42035 - £22.97

42034 - £14.09

42036 - £13.74

42032 - £13.65

42027 - £13.54

42021 - £11.67

42031 - £7.97

42020 - £7.34

*If you haven't bought any recent flagships yet (42009, 42030, 42039) then this would be a good time to get them and then potentially save £75 on the Arocs. The 24 Hour Race Car is very conveniently priced at £77.61 perhaps just for this purpose. They've sold out of 42008 though (only available through resellers), so you can't use that set to get the extra points.

I got 42030 (Volvo front loader) from Tesco just over a week ago and the promotion at the time was spend £50+ on Lego and get 1000 extra clubcard points. What specifically is the promotion that you describe, and how does it result in a saving of £75? That sounds overly generous for Tesco.

I got 42030 (Volvo front loader) from Tesco just over a week ago and the promotion at the time was spend £50+ on Lego and get 1000 extra clubcard points. What specifically is the promotion that you describe, and how does it result in a saving of £75? That sounds overly generous for Tesco.

Tesco are doing a Clubcard Boost across the entire Tesco Direct range this weekend, which includes Lego. It should be a 2x boost for toys, so 1500 points would result in £75 worth of vouchers,

There definitely was a 1500 points offer on Lego last weekend though, I even checked with customer service. Not that it mattered; I decided not to buy any sets because regardless of the points on offer I didn't want any of them. Actually the offer you had would have been better for me because I would have just bought the Pick Up Truck without having to tack on a couple of smaller sets and that would still be a considerable saving on the Arocs which should drop this weekend.

Hello guys, a new joiner here... In the recent months my obsession for Technic is coming back again, and I have built so far 42030, 9398 and 42029 and that was great fun building and playing with them.

Yes they are all truck or construction vehicles... Even back 20 years ago most of the models I had when I was a kid are mainly crane, bulldozer or (fork)lifter...

So I am thinking to get one of the sport cars/supercars set to have something different. Would you guys recommend 42039 or (a harder to find, especially in Hong Kong) 42000? I am mainly after look and the possibility for making it mobilized. My hunch is that 42000 is better, but 42039 is a more recent model (which means it is cheaper) and has the newer driving rings/clutch gears...

I am stuck in picking one!

Edited by parngon

I would pick 42039. Mainly because I personally like Le Mans cars more but it also looks more customisable. It has more panels and stuff and the space in the car makes it easy to make mobilised. And the new one is obviously cheaper what I also like. And the B model of 42000 is really bad (imo) while I like the B model of 42039.

These are two very different cars. Either looks fairly easy to fully motorize. Just look on YouTube for each model and you can see examples.

It all comes down to preferences (Grand Prix vs Le Mans) and price you are willing to pay. Good luck with your decision.

Andy D