Sign in to follow this  
Sérgio

[MOC] CP 2300 - Portuguese Passanger Train

Hello to all

another replica of a Portuguese train ,

it is a suburban train passengers.

Wide 7 , very long , each carriage has approximately 50 studs length.

I tried to catch the most characteristic details , the cockpit has a lot of work , but I liked the result.

unfortunately given the price of the windows and doors will not build bricks .

this is also my farewell as builder trains will go on hiatus this " branch " indefinitely.

The reason is that it is becoming too expensive to build train to my current financial capacity , another is lack of space at home to expose them , I have all trains boxed and only see the light of day when they go exhibitions .

I've had 4 front pages and it gave me great motivation not to stop :)

but at this point I have to slow down a bit , I will continue to build the smallest things , but I promise to always keep the same quality and style that always had .

thank you all :)

10704232185_a61e232703_c.jpg

BIG Size image: http://farm8.staticf...733617dab_o.png

This good, it really does look like the real thing in the photographs, the carriages may be long for a LEGO train but for yours they look just the right length.

If you're unfortunately going to stop producing these beauties then you might as well go out on a high note. This is excellent!

I think this is one of your best work and also one of the most wonderful electric locomotive I've ever seen! :excited:

The front nose is something beautiful and the livery amazing! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Totally cool! :grin_wub:

Sérgio you did a great job!!! again!!! Hope you will find resources soon, but a virtual version is also very neat!

Great train Sergio, good to see some new stuff from you. :)

Question:

1. What is holding on the front of the train the SNOT-ted, 1×2×2/3 cheese slopes? I've an idea for the center one, but the two on the sides are challenging. I guess maybe the 1×1 plate with horizontal clip (narrow) may fit in the bottom of those cheese slopes, but please let me know about the solution. :)

Critics:

1. It's a great train, however, I think it deserves a better pantograph solution. Maybe this is your own and unique, but some better looking, known solutions will better fit for the train (ok, it's subjective).

2. If we want to go into details (why not?). the front window is to small on your modell. The bottom of that window is in line with the driver's cab's window, but the top of it is lower. I'm sure you can fix it, if it bothers you too. :P

3. Front lights, if you don't want to make them working with PF-leds, they deserve more realistic solution.

I mean no offense, of course, because it's one of the best train models built from LEGO-bricks I've seen, I just wrote down my opinion. ;)

Great train Sergio, good to see some new stuff from you. :)

Question:

1. What is holding on the front of the train the SNOT-ted, 1×2×2/3 cheese slopes? I've an idea for the center one, but the two on the sides are challenging. I guess maybe the 1×1 plate with horizontal clip (narrow) may fit in the bottom of those cheese slopes, but please let me know about the solution. :)

Critics:

1. It's a great train, however, I think it deserves a better pantograph solution. Maybe this is your own and unique, but some better looking, known solutions will better fit for the train (ok, it's subjective).

2. If we want to go into details (why not?). the front window is to small on your modell. The bottom of that window is in line with the driver's cab's window, but the top of it is lower. I'm sure you can fix it, if it bothers you too. :P

3. Front lights, if you don't want to make them working with PF-leds, they deserve more realistic solution.

I mean no offense, of course, because it's one of the best train models built from LEGO-bricks I've seen, I just wrote down my opinion. ;)

Thanx!!

Cheat is: P are loose just leaning, know how to handle them but is considered "forbidden technique" in LDD, would hold inside with short hoses (cut)

1. pantograph is the best solution I found the limitations in LDD, because I hate those Lego sets in use, generally do so: http://farm8.staticf...d7560f94b_o.jpg (you know :) )

2. I already gave it a lot of work to find the best possible solution in 7 wide, not like 8, I think now is a bit exaggerated and bad with my other trains.

I do not see other solutions, I always end up sacrificing detail or other unfortunately ...

3. I opened up a hole for shove each leds PF will lose structure that holds the front

All the opinions and criticisms are always welcome :)

anyway, I will not build this train with bricks.

will be only a virtual. Model

Edited by Sérgio

Another great creation from your hands. The curved lines on the front end are really original. Hope you could resume this work some day. :thumbup:

Another fantastic build. If you are winding down, hopefully you'll still hang out around the forums and toss in the occasional comment. Though here are a few parting thoughts, first, if you are space constrained, you do do like James Mathis did and go mostly virtual. Then, if it is getting too expensive, you could make instructions and sell them (sure, you probably won't get rich, but there will be a few builders out there that will be forever grateful and you'll probably get to see your designs built too when they build them).

Another fantastic build. If you are winding down, hopefully you'll still hang out around the forums and toss in the occasional comment. Though here are a few parting thoughts, first, if you are space constrained, you do do like James Mathis did and go mostly virtual. Then, if it is getting too expensive, you could make instructions and sell them (sure, you probably won't get rich, but there will be a few builders out there that will be forever grateful and you'll probably get to see your designs built too when they build them).

everybody knows, that real thing have better taste :)

Thanx a Lot :)

I wil not stop like Lego and come to "this house", I will slow down just a little bit on train Building :)

This is a fantastic build! I love the nose treatment and the proportions - windows, doors, the corrugated sections and the details (footsteps, vents, pantos) all add up to a treat for the eyes!