Jim

Technic General Discussion

Found this rather interesting machine on a trip to the city, thought i'd share it for inspiration as i lack the skills/powerfunctions to build such a coplex machine

That is a good model for D3K to make,it will fit in well with his swing loaders.

Found this rather interesting machine on a trip to the city, thought i'd share it for inspiration as i lack the skills/powerfunctions to build such a coplex machine

That does indeed look pretty cool! Ugly as hell, but cool nonetheless! :classic:

That is a good model for D3K to make,it will fit in well with his swing loaders.

Lol, maybe something for the future.. Damnit Alasdair, it seems everytime you suggest something to me, I can't shake it, and end up building it! :laugh:

However, I have lots of other things on my agenda as well these days, which bring me to my following question:

Will this be an OK way to use a diff?

640x328.jpg

I'm planning to build an RC mod of the 8x4 chassis I made last year, and was wondering if this will work OK, or if it will immediately destroy the bevel gears inside the diff? Anyone tried this? How about if I use two XL motors?

Also, is it better to use a V1 or V2 receiver to power two XL's on the same channel?

EDIT: In case it was unclear; the two red axles are the ouput, supposed to go to two rear axles :classic:

Edited by D3K

That does indeed look pretty cool! Ugly as hell, but cool nonetheless! :classic:

Lol, maybe something for the future.. Damnit Alasdair, it seems everytime you suggest something to me, I can't shake it, and end up building it! :laugh:

However, I have lots of other things on my agenda as well these days, which bring me to my following question:

Will this be an OK way to use a diff?

640x328.jpg

I'm planning to build an RC mod of the 8x4 chassis I made last year, and was wondering if this will work OK, or if it will immediately destroy the bevel gears inside the diff? Anyone tried this? How about if I use two XL motors?

Also, is it better to use a V1 or V2 receiver to power two XL's on the same channel?

EDIT: In case it was unclear; the two red axles are the ouput, supposed to go to two rear axles :classic:

this configuration makes one of the two output dead.

However, you should be breaking the bevel gears. :wink:

Is SEMOC a generally accepted term for Someone Else's MOC?

SEMOC = Somebody Elses My Own Creation - doesn't make a lot of sense :laugh:

NMOC = Not My Own Creation - Sounds a little bit better :thumbup:

SEC = Somebody Elses' Creation - ? :grin:

I do understand that MOC, although an abbreviation, has more or less become a word, with a clear and generally understood meaning. Maybe SEMOC will too? :sweet:

SHTTABAMWIWM

(Someone had time to actually build a moc, wish it was mine)

:wub:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

MSSJIANOTTTRTLOTD

Maybe someone should jump in and nudge others to try to raise the level of the discussion ;)

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

NMOC is probably the best one for actually using in posts, but we'd understand if SHITTABAMWIWM or something like that was found embedded in a serious paragraph :laugh:

How about ASDFPO5361240.WQyutVOIKPJASD, or "I slipped and hit my face on the keyboard in shock over how [adjective] this creation is".

Hello

Finally my "Brick" is done :D

W8ynWbR.jpg

It sits there, waiting for its MOC... but I don't want to disassemble my standard sets...

But i'm satisfied that it works :thumbup:

It could handle 16 loaded XL's and 2 ev3/nxt :tongue:

As a long-time lurker here on the forums, you guys build amazing stuff :thumbup:

Cookie

Edited by _Cookie_

Nice hack, what power supply are you using?

3 A123 LiFePO4 in series (1100mAh). They are between the stacked boards.

Edit: Empty: 7.5 V, Full: 10.6V. I think those 1.6V more are okay.

Edited by _Cookie_

Has somebody made a Deltawing, Zeod RC or something like that?

I started tinkering with a Deltawing MOC, but soon left it for something else. A good MOC of one is something I really would like to see though! :classic: Fascinating piece of engineering! :thumbup:

I'm having problem because I'm trying to make it quite short (more or less 40 studs) and I can't put suspension and steering in the front :angry:

Have you got any photo/ lxf file of your steering?

Edited by PROlego

When I pulled down 8071 I did end up finding a use for that part in one of my mocs to hold some beams in place so it is useful.

Do you have any pics of your solution?