SkaForHire

Book II - Kaliphlin: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Kai, see if you like it better now. I know it is not ideal, but I think its better. Maybe I will come up with an ascii pattern for the line breaks in the future.

Certainly better! :thumbup:

On a minor note, Dugal's name appears directly on top of robuko's character picture... I guess you're probably planning to edit in a picture of Dugal at some point (did he come back to life yet?), so it's not a big problem.

I should have caught that.

Certainly better! :thumbup:

On a minor note, Dugal's name appears directly on top of robuko's character picture... I guess you're probably planning to edit in a picture of Dugal at some point (did he come back to life yet?), so it's not a big problem.

Yeah I decided since Petera has become a bad guy, he was no longer my sigfig, and Dugal's moc is in the process. It is the Flickr WIP I posted the other day.

@Ska - You can use the horizontal rule BBCode, like this

See? Looks fairly nice. Although wide.

It's a [, then 'hr', then a ], without any spaces in between them (and no quotes either).

@Lord Butters, I forgot to recommend the Chima legend beast lion. Not only is it one of the best sets I have ever seen, it is chock full of Kaliphliny goodness with 4 oriental arches in tan and a tan elephant tail. Also the Lone Ranger silver mine which you might be lucky enough to find on clearance.

Ska, thank you as always for your hard work.

:classic:

Edit: I have by the way been trying to find some alternate faces (for example slightly happier) that would suit my sigfig, any suggestions?

For the Barqa mocs I used the baseball player (col047) head from cmf. Looks pretty similar to your grumpy alterego! :wink:

For the Barqa mocs I used the baseball player (col047) head from cmf. Looks pretty similar to your grumpy alterego! :wink:

Thanks! I'll see if I have one of those baseball players as bycatch from my early AFOL days of ordering random minifigs instead of squeezing or BLing the right ones :wink:

Thanks! I'll see if I have one of those baseball players as bycatch from my early AFOL days of ordering random minifigs instead of squeezing or BLing the right ones :wink:

You get the strangest looks from the moms and kids in the stores when you do that! Even stranger when you've taken your younger siblings to the store so the work goes faster :devil: Edited by mrcp6d

You get the strangest looks from the moms and kids in the stores when you do that! Even stranger when you've taken your younger siblings to the store so the work goes faster :devil:

You can get a few comments from Store employees when you're really picky about filling your PaB cups... I was stacking 1x1 rounds (yeah! - actually it goes pretty quickly if you spread them out and attach them without picking each one up individually), and one said I had got that down pretty good! :laugh:

I was actually pretty surprised about how much I was able to get in there with a little careful stacking! :thumbup:

Sometimes I get cheared at when I stack. Although, I have learned that there is only so much patience the wife has for PaB, and I rarely stack now. haha.

Ah, the woes of an AFOL. I've faced the stacking problem with PaB cups too. Though, I've gotten more understanding nods than queer looks when I'm feeling through CMFs. Maybe it's just the story I go to.

My "Avalonian" castle had collected a lot of dust during the exhibition I had it displayed on for a couple of days (incredible how much dust a few thousand people generate). After using these:

10559370275_6276cec580_n.jpg and 5630339.jpg

most of the dust was removed. I did some modifications to make the castle become firmly Avalonian and took a series of photos of the modules. This castle now represents the ancestral home of Nordana Castle (or Nordana Hall as it is sometimes refered to among the Avalonian nobility), home of the earls of Norshire (as I described in my character intro).

Pictures of the first module has been uploaded and can be viewed by clicking the image below. I will edit and upload more pictures later, hopefully there will even be some picture of all the modules together to show later when I've removed some non-white parts of the background :wink:

For single modules my backdrop was enough.

12330807015_1823ec8f81_z.jpg

Really hope we'll get to see a few pictures of the whole thing together! This one looks highly realistic though as there's only one fig there's obviously more to it...

I have a couple more free-builds on the way but my green piece count is giving me trouble right now...

Answering my own question (what sat carries the most tan), Downtown Bakery from Friends has a good number. Some are columns, but there's still a good amount, plus it comes with a bunch of other pieces that I was interested in, so your mileage may vary if you only want tan.

I know I'm late on this but congratulations Count NiceMarmot!

I spent most of today on Anti-Climax: Nestlands Market. It took some time to work out the diagonal connecting sections, and to make them symmetrical. The main facade is already wider than the 48x48 baseplate being used.

I spent most of today on Anti-Climax: Nestlands Market. It took some time to work out the diagonal connecting sections, and to make them symmetrical. The main facade is already wider than the 48x48 baseplate being used.

Looking forward to seeing these builds....

I am behind on grading, but I am going to get over and comment on both - especially on that floor of the boat, Kai. You all make Kaliphlin proud! The other guilds can complain (falsely) about us being all talk, but when builds go up from Kaliphlin, they are usually terrific. These two are no exception.

^Is there anything in Thorshaven worth trading? The PGTC had never found anything valuable there. We are surprised a boat bothered with the place. Probably one of those new Mitgardians, dressed up in clothes he can't afford bought with borrowed money, and playing the agent provocateur.

^Is there anything in Thorshaven worth trading? The PGTC had never found anything valuable there.

Says he who is drinking my mead!

Seems like reviewing UoP credits has slowed down recently?

I'm still looking for credits on some old builds, and some new ones as well.

Book II Challenge 1 A: To Ambush an Ambush (1 more)

Book II Challenge 1 B: Swamplands Tower (1 more)

Book II Challenge 1 C: Recruiting a Cyclops Tribe (1 more)

Nordana Castle, Gatehouse (1 more)

Nordana Castle, North Tower (2 more)

Nordana Castle, Great Hall (4 more)