Gideon

Nordana Castle, South Tower

This is the south tower of Nordana Castle, sometimes also called Nordana Hall. The castle is located in Avalonia and is the ancient seat of the earls of Norshire, from which Sir Gideon the half-elf has his human blood through his mother (as described in my character intro).

The tricky part of this build was to make the angled sections look good from all sides, for which I used a fair amount of wedge bricks.

Other modules:

Gatehouse

North tower

Great hall

12330807015_1823ec8f81_z.jpg

12330960333_2f1f2306c7_z.jpg

12330801835_b065a3c736_z.jpg

12330968593_b5fef7c8db_z.jpg

C&C welcome!

First module for my Swebrick Medieval community build castle, adapted for the Guilds of Historica setting.

Edit: Picture of the whole castle finally uploaded to flickr!

12505088033_f8b9136ec1_z.jpg

Edited by Gideon

This is amazing! Excellent work as always! The angling is superb, I can't believe there's no gaps! I love that you've included arrow slits/archer positions in the crenellations- very cool! I look forward to the other modules!

This is really impressive Gideon. I love how the bridge gives this MOC a very peaceful and almost quaint atmosphere.

Great work Gideon, looks very realistic and the river looks great! Can't wait to see more of it!

Impressive work overall. My favorite has to be the river, it feels so dynamic, with a the more calm part with the vegetation, and the flow under the bridge and to the edge, with the 1x1s and studs :thumbup:

Well this is just lovely. The limited palette works very well, especially the yellow flowers and the rushes. The moat is excellent. Mounting the leaves on water looks beautiful. Looking forward to the rest of it!

:classic:

Beautiful moc Gideon.. I really like the bridge.Thr castle also looks great!

What a fantastic piece... love the scenery and wow, the bridge

Hail Avalonia !

Edited by narbilu

Simply amazing, I am in love with that water for some reason, excellent job!

Riktigt imponerande! Looks pretty plain at first sight, but those angles <3 Love it :) The landscape looks really organic and "alive". I would have liked a few guards patrolling the walls, though.

Edited by Sigolf Brimabane

Magnificent build, Gideon :wub: The landscape sets off the tower/walls nicely, and I like the use of those yellow flowers :thumbup:

The wall detailing looks very real, and I like how you made the upper windows in the tower by using empty window frames :thumbup:

One thing I always admire about your Castles is that they are actually realistically sized to mini-figs, this tower looks appropriately massive and heavy. I'm looking forward to seeing more pics of the rest of the castle :classic:

Amazing! I love the reeds and foliage on the water! The tower is perfect! :sweet::thumbup:

Thank you all for your encouraging words! :classic:

Awe yeah, this is amazing! Great work cross-guilding!

Thanks! That I knew I had this build coming up was actually one of the reasons I was thinking about joining Avalonia in the first place, but making my character come from Avalonia ended up being a good enough solution :wink:

Riktigt imponerande! Looks pretty plain at first sight, but those angles <3 Love it :) The landscape looks really organic and "alive". I would have liked a few guards patrolling the walls, though.

Yes, me too. These first shots were however mostly to view the architecture, I had some more population when I took some of the last pictures of all modules together :wink:

That was unfortunately too big for my backdrop, so I have some post-processing to do before I publish those pics...

Magnificent build, Gideon :wub: The landscape sets off the tower/walls nicely, and I like the use of those yellow flowers :thumbup:

The wall detailing looks very real, and I like how you made the upper windows in the tower by using empty window frames :thumbup:

One thing I always admire about your Castles is that they are actually realistically sized to mini-figs, this tower looks appropriately massive and heavy. I'm looking forward to seeing more pics of the rest of the castle :classic:

Awesome job. I love the bridge. How did you get the curve underneath? Could you do a close up picture of it?

The curve underneath is just ordinary "half-arches" with plates on the underside. What I had to do however was to use old grey arches in the middle of the bridge to attach the plates to, since my light bluish grey arches are of the new type which sadly don't clutch studs on the underside :cry_sad:

I have one picture I can upload later which shows the bridge closer up.

The photos of the next module (gatehouse) have been edited and uploaded now, go check it out if you want!

Edited by Gideon

The curve underneath is just ordinary "half-arches" with plates on the underside. What I had to do however was to use old grey arches in the middle of the bridge to attach the plates to, since my light bluish grey arches are of the new type which sadly don't clutch studs on the underside :cry_sad:

I have one picture I can upload later which shows the bridge closer up.

I'd love to see it when you get the time. Hearing the explanation it makes sense now. Thanks.

I'd love to see it when you get the time. Hearing the explanation it makes sense now. Thanks.

I realized that the best close-up of the bridge was not ready to publish, as there were a couple of minifigs on it I'm saving that for potential story purposes :wink:

Here is a zoomed-in version of a photo straight from the front, sorry about the substandard quality but I hope it shows what you want to see:

12352857544_9666479477.jpg

Edited by Gideon

Yes, it's perfect. Just want I needed to see. Thank you so much. :classic: I can clearly see how you build it.

You're welcome! :classic:

Please feel free to use the technique, since it's definitely not my original idea.

Edited by Gideon

You really have a spamming problem. Why do people even try this? They know nobody is going to click the links, right?