Tacker

Technic 2014 Discussion and Speculation

Volvo seats are grey,I have operated a Volvo mini digger in the past.

Well 3X5 liftarm thick in grey it is then :grin:

Edited by Eigenbroetler

This is great news! In 2013 we got a large mobile crane and now an R/C wheel loader? Take my money, just take it! It hurts a little seeing as I just bought 8265 for $150US a few months ago but who cares. I still love that set and Markus Kossman did an amazing job with it and now it will have a big brother.

The L350F uses 35/65R33 or 875/65R33 tires and they stand around 82 inches tall. The tires used on the 8110 Unimog are 3.7 inches tall which means this set will be pretty close to 1/24 scale which fits nicely with previous construction themed releases like 8043 and 42009.

Attachments from the L350F brochure:

1enu.jpg

Edited by therealjustin

Maybe the bucket is brick built like the 8275 Bulldozer.

Then it would fit into the standard flagship box... :wink:

^davidmull^ couldn't have said it better- why not both? Surely with the size, there would be more than enough room for autovalves for at least bucket and arm functions. Even with the motors, I won't be buying this set.

In fact, a flagship set would have to be absolutely incredible for me to even consider buying it if they think using LA's is so much better than using pneumatics. :cry_sad:

Maybe this set will impress me, though. I guess we'll just have to wait and find out.

TLH

Edit: oops, wrong page. davidmull's post is two pages back.

Edited by TwentyLeggedHen

If it is a Volvo front end loader, it's guaranteed to be in yellow. I would hope for another color, like an orange Hitachi loader.

After the big mobile crane in 2H2013, I think the flagship of 2H2014 should have a different color.

Edited by Error404

Interesting, that techvideo is deleted...Better set confirmation we cant have, thanks some iniciative idiot from TLC for bringing down some interesting facts and photos about volvo loader.I hope you get higher salary for this stupidity, even people without thinking about that loader as flagship will be now suspicious...

What is next, deleting post about that loader?If I get confidential picture I will post it on doors of every toy store...Yes Im angry...

Interesting, that techvideo is deleted...Better set confirmation we cant have, thanks some iniciative idiot from TLC for bringing down some interesting facts and photos about volvo loader.I hope you get higher salary for this stupidity, even people without thinking about that loader as flagship will be now suspicious...

What is next, deleting post about that loader?If I get confidential picture I will post it on doors of every toy store...Yes Im angry...

No need to be angry. We got first pics of 2h2013 sets in late December 2012 (!) so the information about 2h2014 sets in January 2014 should not be considered 'premature' :)

I'll hold off on final judgement until I see the set, but from what I've heard so far, I think I'll pass. That being said though, I could use more Unimog tires, and it's nice to finally see yellow rims in this size.

I have no doubt it will be fun to play with after it is build, but technically it seems to be boring to be honest. I hope there will be some unexpected feature in it.

this is dream come true for me if it is a volvo loader. i love machineries! it will be a great addition to my 42009, 42006, and 8043

Just thought: so big model with wheel portal hubs and drive motorization but without suspension is :thumbdown: .

Hope they included suspension. :blush:

Just thought: so big model with wheel portal hubs and drive motorization but without suspension is :thumbdown: .

A real wheel loader only has a pendular rear axle.. nothing special.. :wink:

Edited by _techniclego55_

Front end loaders does not have suspension. Front axle is fixed, back axle is pendular.

But hey, we will get new bucket hopefully, and new yellow parts!

Size of the 42009/9398/8110 Flagship boxes is 57.5 x 48 x 9 cm

Size of the 10224 Town Hall set (as Conchas mentioned) is 48 x 58 x 12.5 cm

Difference is in thickness. I think new bucket is about more than 9 cm height

To put in perspective: I have this set and its box is similary thick (cca 12cm). Looking at that tipper bed, it will be rally large buckett.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=7344-1

If it is a front end loader, I have to say I'm disappointed, simply because there are plenty of sets already.

Why not a dump truck, something new?

In terms of size, how does a VOLVO L350F rate against the biggest there is? If anyone knows. :sweet:

And do Volvos only come in yellow? No orange?

Something's bugging me....

Why would TLG go through all the trouble of having a Volvo license, instead of just making the model without brand designation?! They have never (or almost never, not sure) used a license for construction equipment (Unimog excluded). The 8265 didn't need a license either?

For sure 8265 did not need a license, there is nothing on it that indicates that it does. I think this will be a very good flagship model, it will look very good next to my mean-yellow-machines :laugh:

Anyone knows when we could get the first photos and more info on the rest 2h sets? If Flagship is the Volvo front end loader mentioned above, then what to say, I would also expect something new which has never been presented before.. but lets wait and see..