Ecclesiastes

Book II - Mitgardia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Alright: 6:6 then, challenge accepted! :devil:

I don't even have to build, just look through my content. How's this?

Return to the East (actually I'm amazed I forgot that the first time!)

There's also this one. It might be a little small.

Awwwww. Kaliphlin and Mitgardia arguing which is the second best guild, and third best guild? I'm sorry but Nocturnus IS THE BEST!

I'm going to try to get my own boat builds in for Nocty. Never tried a boat myself.

If those count then this barge of mine needs to count for Mitgardia.

If my second one counts than that probably should, but if the first one does then I don't think that one needs to (it is a bit small, and so was my second).

Awwwww. Kaliphlin and Mitgardia arguing which is the second best guild, and third best guild? I'm sorry but Nocturnus IS THE BEST!

This has nothing to do with who is the best guild.... :tongue: We already have that established (its not Nocturnus). I may have been wrong about this being an "if" war. This is turning out to look more like a Historica arms race.

Hmm.... and somebody was worried that we were giving the Kaliphlinians a few posts :laugh:

Hmm.... and somebody was worried that we were giving the Kaliphlinians a few posts :laugh:

We're liberal and can afford to spare some. :grin:

The Historica Naval Arms Race to be precise!

Hey, if we do an arms race, I'm in! I've got a couple of ready-made ships that I'm itching to employ. (Though to be fair, one of them has 3 mid-section hulls and is more of a Ship-of-the-line... but the other could work as a cog, perfect for the Mitgardian Hanseatic states!)

Well, I've got about four ships, but have never posted them. (Picked up two LotR Pirate Ambush on clearance last November!) Will have to get them customized and posted.

But seriously, we're not going to invade Mitgardia. We need their beer and gold; they need our wine and black oil. Unless of course they kidnap Kai. Then we would launch an invasion that would make the fleet sent after Helen of Troy look like a couple of toy boats in a bathtub.

No invasion. But the Kaliphlin also have the grand ships of Dextrus Flagg. Our great guild leader has at least two of these.

7279723450_14b6623914_m.jpg

One outfitted for war.

Edited by gedren_y

Bring on this "naval arms" race. May the best man (or monster) win!

Yeah, I guess I should take that back now.

Sounds like I should unpack those ship hull sections I got from BL a few weeks ago, and keep a look out on the brickset Amazon guide if the LotR pirate ship is on sale some time :wink:

So when was the last time you attended a Geography class at the UoP? Ever heard of Orographic rain?

orographic_rainfall.jpg

Any Norwegian will testify to how that works. Pretty happy to live on the east side of our mountain range here :wink:

Sebeus 1, DM 2, Gabe 2 = 5 ships for Kaliphlin

kabel 3, Ecclesiastes 1, Fat Tony 1, Tomcat Rio 1 = 6 ships for Mitgardia

kabel: another one almost done

@MK: go for it, lots of Info in my ship index in case you were wondering how to aproach this

I posted two ships. One in my embassy and one for the Battle of Khordeem (i can't remember how to spell it). Also, the good guys would have taken two at Queenscross (although only one was a MOC). I have been itching to create a few ships, I just don't have a lot of time to build. I do have over 70 hulls to lay foundations on. (Let's just say there was a point in my life where I was addicted to Ebay and Evil Stevies Pirate game.)

Story-wise, which is what I was referring to in my post, Kaliphlin has four major trade companies with their own fleets, and just about every noble in Kaliphlin seems to have two or three ships. Now if we were talking bobsled teams or dog sleds, Mitgardia would have us beat.

Hmmm... But.... It could be interesting to have a guild v. guild challenge to build a merchant marine and navy.

Edited by SkaForHire

I finished a phase I Archery build today, to late to get good pics though, so I won't upload it till Monday.

BTW, it was also supposed to be a Barracks phase I build too, but gradually changed into an archery one instead :laugh:

Ooc: Lots of trash talk going on here; I was going to build a ship myself, but never got around to it. It will have to wait awhile now since I don't have any ship pieces with me :wink:

I recently built a ship... for anothers site Castle RPG :innocent:

But it would totally fit in Kaliphlin, so I thought I'd still post it here...

12251883115_c2776c2017.jpg

It wouldn't fit at all in the backstory of my charcter and I already took it apart, so there's no possibility to put my Sigfig in it and and create a story to go with it.

damn... I lost the bag I had all my ninja turtles helmets in it... Will have to search every corner of my house damn... :(