Sign in to follow this  
IenjoyLego89

AoM: Wall Phase Two

Finally got a phase two finished :classic:

Literally took all my grey 1x2 bricks and tiles so going to have to make an order for phase 3 :wink:

Anyway enough talk, here it is

12413349805_a926edff5f.jpg

12413346985_b27aaa6a3f.jpg

12413345195_810b1d3871.jpg

Decided to do a corner wall with a building, its built similar to the last house built slightly shorter.

My sigfig hasn't made an appearance in awhile so he decided to see why building the wall is taking so long :laugh:

All C&C welcome

May I move to phase 3?

Your sig-fig looks angry! Great build, live that you've made a corner, and put the little house in. Nice and realistic with the wall fillings too- perhaps a little uniform in texture, but great variation in colour! Looking forward to phase 3!

Your sig-fig looks angry! Great build, live that you've made a corner, and put the little house in. Nice and realistic with the wall fillings too- perhaps a little uniform in texture, but great variation in colour! Looking forward to phase 3!

Thanks Vlad, I see what you mean by uniformed, I'll have to change it in the next phase, I'll have to order a fair amount of bricks for that one :wink:

Thanks Vlad, I see what you mean by uniformed, I'll have to change it in the next phase, I'll have to order a fair amount of bricks for that one :wink:

I reckon a couple of dark tan profile bricks and non-round plates would do the trick- just to break up the lines. It looks great though. And again, I love your figs- I think it's the difference from the typical Mitgardian figs!

I reckon a couple of dark tan profile bricks and non-round plates would do the trick- just to break up the lines. It looks great though. And again, I love your figs- I think it's the difference from the typical Mitgardian figs!

I'll keep that in mind :classic: Cheers, You can't really make out the archers, I'll take a pic in the morning and post it here.

From the outside it's unassuming and bland, and from the inside homey and civil; I suppose that's what a wall should be!

I love the variation between the old grey and the bley. Great effect. I grew up with only the old gray, but since I started my own collection a few years back I mostly have only bley. It's nice to see it again :laugh: And for some reason I really love that corner plate of snow visible from the back. :thumbup:

From the outside it's unassuming and bland, and from the inside homey and civil; I suppose that's what a wall should be!

Thanks...I think Ha! It's rather plain but the 3rd phase will be more interesting ;)

I love the variation between the old grey and the bley. Great effect. I grew up with only the old gray, but since I started my own collection a few years back I mostly have only bley. It's nice to see it again :laugh: And for some reason I really love that corner plate of snow visible from the back. :thumbup:

Thanks mate :) My collection is starting to go that way, ever so slowly I might add :)

Excellent wall, I think the texturing could have been a bit better, something I keep in mind when I'm texturing walls, is to stagger texture bricks, and usually only use 2-3 of them in a row. This picture might help explain what I mean (look at the dark bley tile patterns):

left.JPG

I :wub: the house, path, and snow inside the wall though. And the rubble filling to the wall is great too :classic:

Great moc dude. I would suggest at cut walls to use other bricks also not just round plates. But overall great texturing!

This is very nice! I agree with soccerkid6, a little more thought out texturing would make it look better. Great job overall, the house is great!

Excellent wall, I think the texturing could have been a bit better, something I keep in mind when I'm texturing walls, is to stagger texture bricks, and usually only use 2-3 of them in a row. This picture might help explain what I mean (look at the dark bley tile patterns)

I :wub: the house, path, and snow inside the wall though. And the rubble filling to the wall is great too :classic:

Thanks for the tip sk, I see what you mean by the texture, mine just stemmed from trying to scrape grey bricks together because I ran out :/ but when I get more I'll post a new pic :)

Great moc dude. I would suggest at cut walls to use other bricks also not just round plates. But overall great texturing!

Great snowy scene and the figs look good. :classic:

Thanks HB :)

This is very nice! I agree with soccerkid6, a little more thought out texturing would make it look better. Great job overall, the house is great!

Thanks Mpoh89! :) the texture bothered me from the start but I had to make up for lack of bley bricks :/

Thanks guys for the comments, I'll definitely be taking them on board for phase 3 and future mocs! :)

Sturdy wall, and the rubble filling looks suitably thick for a 6-wide wall. I agree with Gunman however that some plates mixed in there would have looked even better :classic:

Anyway, great MOC...looking forward to phase 3!

Edited by Gideon

Sturdy wall, and the rubble filling looks suitably thick for a 6-wide wall. I agree with Gunman however that some plates mixed in there would have looked even better :classic:

Anyway, great MOC...looking forward to phase 3!

Thanks Gideon :classic: I will apply these to phase 3, hopefully it won't be as long as a wait as phase two :laugh: