The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Wow, this a lovely one. Will have to get two, at least! :wub:

Really happy about the new colours of leaf elements and the white microphone, too!

OH MY *oh2* 

The leak about it being a bookstore was true abd LEGO did a great job about holding out so long for leaks. And this modular looks so good. Ive been wanting another modular that separates into 2 16 wide modulators. The arranging options with the rest is going to be fun. And ive been wanting living space for minifigs for a long time. Check. Check. Check. Really nice. :wub_drool:

In my opinion, interior is great. More details/furniture in such a small space would make a mess and nothing else. Designer did a great job!

P.S. no toilet... :) 

Having seen all the pictures now, I want one for sure. Although I wont be stupid and pay full Australian RRP for it, not when previous modulars have been possible to get for 20% off or so.

Just now, adwind said:

In my opinion, interior is great. More details/furniture in such a small space would make a mess and nothing else. Designer did a great job!

Toulet is under that brown stairs in townhouse building...

Exterior looks great but so far underwhelmed with the interior especially of the book shop .... seems to be an absence of books !!

2 minutes ago, adwind said:

I may be in the minority, but in glad. I dont care for LEGO toilets and I think they take up room. :look:

6 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Right! Most likely )

11 minutes ago, Flippi01 said:

Exterior looks great but so far underwhelmed with the interior especially of the book shop .... seems to be an absence of books !!

I agree with the bookshop is missing a bit more. I've seen small bookshops like this and they're just filled with books all over the places. Shelves full of books.

Just now, ahughes said:

Does anyone know what this contraption is that slides out from the basement?

I wondered about that as well; from the inside it looks like some sort of heating radiator, but it seems to slide out of the back..
Maybe a foldable ladder to get to the upper floor?

Edited by Withacee

1 minute ago, ahughes said:

A stepladder?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpK09QdY7TxxWs1ElCH_Q

Most likely, to get the plane out of the tree.

Edited by imvanya

I love it so much! Great to see a return to the half-and-half approach of the Pet Shop, which was the set that got me started on the modulars. And a li'l pumpkin patch in back! :grin_wub: 

2 minutes ago, ahughes said:

It's a ladder

Just now, GianCann said:

It's a ladder

Huh, I think you're right. Maybe they play Romeo and Juliet with that balcony? ?

Nice interior, sadly it's not possible to include things like kitchens and bathrooms all the time but I guess that's what us AFOLs are good for right ?

Am I crazy, or are these the primary colours used in the last two modular building releases? This set looks pretty underwhelming....

Nevertheless it will be a nice addition to the collection.

17 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

8 minutes ago, adwind said:

Right! Most likely )

I think it's actually the door to the basement.

Just now, imvanya said:

I think it's actually the door to the basement.

Yep my mistake u r right. Sad that this time no kitchen and bathroom what so ever. 

8 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

I love it so much! Great to see a return to the half-and-half approach of the Pet Shop, which was the set that got me started on the modulars. And a li'l pumpkin patch in back! :grin_wub: 

The Pet Shop got me started on modulars too. Glad to see the layout back again.

The problem with 16 wide buildings is that the stairs take up a large part of the interior of each one. The townhouse is just detailed enough to be passable, but the bookstore is lacking and the way they handled the actual books leaves a lot to be desired when compared to how MOCers tackled the subject.

Now with more pictures, I also specifically do not like that they reused the very low "basement floor" concept - it makes the modular much more evocative of PS, when it should be trying to distance itself from it, seeing how many similarities there are already bound to be just by choosing 2x16 buildings.

Ladder is actually to grab the plane from tree :)

Toilet and kitchen is the only things I can complain about, but I can clearly understand designer's choice!