The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

3 hours ago, BrickFit26 said:

@RichardGoringI did the same exact thing as soon as it hit 12am and it became the 19th. I placed my order. And it was here around 2 at my door step yesterday. just the sets, unprotected, now box to keep them safe. I found it so fast and the having the sets be without a main shipping box weird. I'm on the west coast.

Oh wow, that's incredible!

And it was only the LEGO boxes? No brown cardboard packaging? Shipping labels on the LEGO printed artwork boxes? That's something only Amazon or Target usually do!

I had a completely different experience...

I ordered the Police Station on November 9 and it still says "label created" and I have yet to receive it. I contacted LEGO customer service and they said that they can either reship or refund the order. I just asked for a refund because they clearly didn't have any left in stock and the Galileo GWP wasn't available.

Just ended up reordering from amazon, so not too big of a deal, but was wondering if anyone else had the same issue.

Edited by JintaiZ

1 hour ago, RichardGoring said:

Oh wow, that's incredible!

And it was only the LEGO boxes? No brown cardboard packaging? Shipping labels on the LEGO printed artwork boxes? That's something only Amazon or Target usually do!

Exactly. No brown cardboard packaging and the shipping label taped to the gwp and the gwp tape to the bigger set I ordered. I didn't know if LEGO did that or not. But I'm thankful for the fast delivery which was also unexpected.

43 minutes ago, Lion King said:

Well, that’s really interesting…. Only the Lego boxes??

Yes. Just the lego boxes. I wonder if it's a new standard since they're trying to give up all that wasteful packaging.

32 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

I had a completely different experience...

Just ended up reordering from amazon, so not too big of a deal, but was wondering if anyone else had the same issue.

Glad you got it sorted out. The Police Station was on sale in Amazon according to brickfan. Did you get it discounted?

4 minutes ago, BrickFit26 said:

Glad you got it sorted out. The Police Station was on sale in Amazon according to brickfan. Did you get it discounted?

No, but when I ordered it it was already sold out on LEGO's website, so I was just glad to be able to get a copy regardless.

Edited by JintaiZ
grammar

37 minutes ago, BrickFit26 said:

Exactly. No brown cardboard packaging and the shipping label taped to the gwp and the gwp tape to the bigger set I ordered. I didn't know if LEGO did that or not. But I'm thankful for the fast delivery which was also unexpected.

Yes. Just the lego boxes. I wonder if it's a new standard since they're trying to give up all that wasteful packaging.

Wow. Although this sounds like the original packaging has likely been damaged at some point, and the carrier has done this themselves to not lose any elements and ensure delivery - rather than get an insurance claim against them.

2 hours ago, BrickFit26 said:

I think lego would never ship like this. It must gave happened during shipping.

I don't know where you are from but I contacted the (german) customer service for less and always got some VIP points as a way of saying sorry, when the set-boxes inside the package got some dents or scratches during shipping.

2 hours ago, Kallego said:

I think lego would never ship like this. It must gave happened during shipping.

I don't know where you are from but I contacted the (german) customer service for less and always got some VIP points as a way of saying sorry, when the set-boxes inside the package got some dents or scratches during shipping.

I'm in US. I contacted LEGO through social media, but they haven't responded. I'll email them to let them know what happened. I like to keep my boxes because of the art, and there's a bit of damage, not counting the damage that'll happen when the long tape has to come off the packages so they can be separated.

3 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Wow. Although this sounds like the original packaging has likely been damaged at some point, and the carrier has done this themselves to not lose any elements and ensure delivery - rather than get an insurance claim against them.

You're right. I'll let lego know.

4 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

No, but when I ordered it it was already sold out on LEGO's website, so I was just glad to be able to get a copy regardless.

Good. It sold out fast on lego. Assembly Square is still available. I thought that would have sold out first.

22 hours ago, BrickFit26 said:

Did anyone order anything for insiders weekend? And if so did you get your sets already and delivered without a carboard box with the GWP taped to a set?

I’d be fairly annoyed with this.  I order a couple of sets a year at least, as gifts for others.  Arriving with tape all over the boxes etc is simply unacceptable for that purpose.  Also the ‘outer’ boxes we usually get in the UK, offer pretty good protection agains the inevitable knocks and bangs from the back of the delivery van.

My Natural History Museum is scheduled for delivery today, 8 days before December 1st.  Has anyone else received notification of delivery early?

I can't wait to get the parts list, so that I can start organizing and Bricklinking to create 3rd floor for this Modular.  I probably won't start building until next year.

www.ogelsbob.com

2 hours ago, Legodt said:

My Natural History Museum is scheduled for delivery today, 8 days before December 1st.  Has anyone else received notification of delivery early?

I can't wait to get the parts list, so that I can start organizing and Bricklinking to create 3rd floor for this Modular.  I probably won't start building until next year.

www.ogelsbob.com

Same here. I preordered this a couple weeks ago, mainly to get the Galileo set. Those were the only two things in my order and Lego sent me tracking numbers for two packages. Scheduled to arrive Friday for me. Will be a pleasant surprise to have this early. 

3 hours ago, Legodt said:

www.ogelsbob.com

I’ve had notification that it’s been shipped today, so likely be with me at the weekend, or Monday next week.  I’m not arguing with that.

Somewhere in Belgia, is my copy. The other thing and the bonus stuff, should arrive tomorrow.

BrickFit26, your non packed LEGO, seems, very odd. Especially, when from LEGO. I think Kallego might be right.

That’s really great that they ship Natural History Museum. I will like to hear your opinions on this set. 

I prefer waiting on order NHM until February to get a modular GWP. 

I also got an email today saying it had been shipped. I saw a couple of people on Facebook groups post that they had actually received theirs, and a customer services person (who’s a member of the group as themselves rather than as on official Lego employee) replied to say that the people who’d ordered them first were shipped already, and the people who (like me) waited for the insiders weekend were just shipping now, so it’ll arrive a few days earlier than I’d expected. Not sure I’ll actually have a chance to build it until maybe Christmas, but it’ll definitely take priority over my other unbuilt sets!

5 hours ago, Shiva said:

BrickFit26, your non packed LEGO, seems, very odd. Especially, when from LEGO. I think Kallego might be right.

Yes. Very odd. LEGO is fixing the issue I had. Packages aren't suppose to be sent like that. 

So quiet here, are some or more, already building the Museum?

Mine is still in the freight box.

I actually wish, that I could order similar freight boxes for older, unbuilt sets.

On 11/19/2023 at 2:02 PM, GregD said:

Just realised there is a new colour - warm tan/medium tan, was a skin tone for minidoll heads and is now in Brickheadz set 40616.  Maybe a future modular colour in the next few years!?

Oh, cool, thanks for the heads-up. Will need to get some of those parts.

My natural history museum arrived today (it’s a pick a brick order that’s arriving on Monday!) Still don’t have any space to put it or time to build it though ha ha

Some people allready have the modular! Is it not supposed to be released 1 december.

I wait for a sale at a third party seller next year. 

I have mixed feelings about this one. It's better then the Jazz club but the facade looks a bit plain and I guess boring to build. Other people here with the same thoughts? 

2 hours ago, DonQuixote said:

Some people allready have the modular! Is it not supposed to be released 1 december.

I wait for a sale at a third party seller next year. 

I have mixed feelings about this one. It's better then the Jazz club but the facade looks a bit plain and I guess boring to build. Other people here with the same thoughts? 

The release date is December 1st but it seems Lego has started shipping pre-orders early, possibly due to the volume of sales (better to be too early than too late).

I expect the facade won't be that boring to build—for one, the aspects of it that are simpler will go together faster (so won't drag on unnecessarily), and secondly, the variation in depth and presence of windows ought to keep it from feeling too repetitive overall.

5 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I expect the facade won't be that boring to build—for one, the aspects of it that are simpler will go together faster (so won't drag on unnecessarily), and secondly, the variation in depth and presence of windows ought to keep it from feeling too repetitive overall.

I'm currently building the Ghostbusters Headquarters, and I have been really surprised at how boring and repetitive done if it is to build. It's making me appreciate the elegance of modular buildings so much more, where they can focus on the essence of something, and do it once or twice, whereas things like the Ghostbusters HQ that have to reflect a real location, are forced into the repetition.

On the other hand, the larger space it generated means some of the elements are really very neat and really cool, so overall it's good and I'm pleased to have it.

Especially as I got it, the Ecto-1 Ideas set, the Creator Expert Houses of Parliament, and half a Sopwith Camel for $100!

6 hours ago, Lyichir said:

The front isn't the problem...  The sides and the back are almost completely devoid of interest.

To be clear, it isn't a bad set, but rather some of the other recent sets were better.

On 11/20/2023 at 9:57 PM, BrickFit26 said:

@RichardGoringI did the same exact thing as soon as it hit 12am and it became the 19th. I placed my order. And it was here around 2 at my door step yesterday. just the sets, unprotected, now box to keep them safe. I found it so fast and the having the sets be without a main shipping box weird. I'm on the west coast.

Well mine arrived today.  In an outer box with my GWP, plus the museum in a specific shipping box inside that, labelled not to be shipped, or placed on shelves before 1st December 2023. 

On a separate note, I’ve unpacked mine, and managed to get the entire contents of the large box, into the smaller internal box.  I do wish TLG would look at their box sizes.  It’s got to be financially cheaper to ship them in smaller boxes, and less polluting too.