The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

1 hour ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Sorry, but for me it's the worst Modular in a long time. The pillars of the entrance portal look strange. Would have been better to have a balcony in the first floor between them. The color is just :pir-sick:

Interesting, I'm actually a fan of the color! I do have to say the tree looks a bit rough, and I agree with you on the pillars.

Gift with purchase a window cleaners van? To go with the guy in top left window? Now I am just trying to think of a good pun for the company name on van. 

1 minute ago, netbrickz said:

Interesting, I'm actually a fan of the color! I do have to say the tree looks a bit rough, and I agree with you on the pillars.

Yeah, sorry, but the more i look at it, the less i like it. The statues in front of the windows look out of place and the colorful banners does not fit into the whole scene at all. The lady feeding the birds is a nice detail though.

6 minutes ago, Mellish said:

Gift with purchase a window cleaners van? To go with the guy in top left window? Now I am just trying to think of a good pun for the company name on van. 

How about « The Glass Curators » ?

3 minutes ago, Ginger Ninja said:

It is not allowed to share leaks here, so better edit your post before you get in trouble:wink::pir-halloween:

1 hour ago, FrkW said:

Alright, first impression. Torn about the colour, don't hate it but don't love it either - yet. Think I would have prefered the windows in white to make it a little less gloomy. 

Looks way more British and less American than I was expecting, thought it was going to have a more neoclassical vibe. Again not necessarily a bad thing, I really like the roof line and the entrance.

The exibit drop downs looks too modern to fit in my city, might skip those.

Can't wait to see the interior, really hope there is a gift shop. 

Olive green color does look better than the way they described it. If you focus just on the color, it kinda gives a haunted mansion vibes. At least the Parisian restaurant had other color highlights to break the drab olive.

1 hour ago, lomis said:

Well, this is surprising…

I know it matches the description previously leaked. But it does not look like I thought it would.

I like it but am not sure if I love it. I’m looking forward to seeing more pictures/angles and in higher definition. 

I do think it came out nice, but not as grand as I had hoped it would be.

1 hour ago, FrkW said:

I think I was basically expecting The Smithsonian. 

This isn’t as imposing as the hotel, despite its size.

58 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

I honestly couldn´t belive it would look good in olive, but surprisingly it actually does - though I wonder how it would have looked like if it were tan.

What you can see from the insides also looks good, although there isn´t really that much space there sadly. However I understand it had to have that size to match with the other modulars (and to not get to expensive)

Jazz Club was the worst in recent times, just my opinion. JC looked like an afterthought.

12 minutes ago, Mellish said:

Good one!

Looks okay but I was honestly expecting more.

It just doesn't look very charming will probably look out of place next to other modulars.

26 minutes ago, netbrickz said:

I wonder how it would have looked like if the color were dark orange?

28 minutes ago, Hippocampe said:

How about « The Glass Curators » ?

Pane in the Glass Window Cleaners 

Panestaking Window Cleaners

39 minutes ago, Mellish said:

1.) Police car?

2.) School bus? (Unlikely)

3.) Trasnport truck?

4.) Flower cart?

5.) Popcorn cart?

The picture look to have no depth so don’t think it is a tile. There is two ‘balls’ at the top that seem to be the fixing so I would guess a fabric sheet.

3 minutes ago, Lion King said:

Are the banker made of bricks? Or fabric?

Looks like fabric because how they are attached.

I was surprised when I heard it was going to be olive green, which isn't what I'd normally expect from a museum. Seeing the images now, I actually really like how it turned out! I can't wait to see it in person.

It's been a while since we've had a fully two story building/set (Brick Bank). It's a nice return to that, and I like the proportions of the set with the width and height. The details are excellent as usual, and the planetarium display is something I had hoped to see in a modular museum for many years now. :laugh:

Was hoping for something more line with the Lego Ideas Night at the Musuem entries, especially in architecture and color, but I'm sure they wanted to do a new color that wasn't similar to the police station.

At least it's better than the Jazz Club, which in my opinion is the ugliest modular ever created by far.

I think the museum will look really nice with the Parisian Restaurant.

Edited by Modal

Wow. It does have a haunted house vibe to it with the olive and black roof. The pillars look good to me. The statues do look out of place though. And I hate the small museum sing in front. Overall, I like it.

Some of the details look nice. I like the fossil piece and is that a brick built sabre tooth tiger skull?

Love the dog making off with one of the exhibits!

Not bad overall for the brachiosaur although I think it looks a bit anemic. I guess it would not have fit though if it were a bit more substantial.

3 minutes ago, brickcurator said:

Some of the details look nice. I like the fossil piece and is that a brick built sabre tooth tiger skull?

Love the dog making off with one of the exhibits!

oooh, might that sabre tooth skull be a reference to something upcoming? LOL I would really like to see more big cats.

TLG continue with a logic which leaves me quite skeptical: more minifigs, more prints, dumbed down building experience. The last few modulars feel targeted towards a new audience vs. Those of us who have been collecting them for a while. I abstained from buying the jazz club to keep my lego money for other sets. I think I might do the same with this one and maybe even sell out of my collection, put the modulars behind me, and focus on something else. Modular prices are no longer attractive enough to buy one hoping it will grow on you. Oh well, TLG will get my money anyway, but doubtful for this set.