The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Not only is the TH out of stock but the GE is out of stock now as well. The PS is still out of stock. I just picked up the TH tonight at my local lego shop so I just need to get the PS next month to get the november winter exclusive and I'll be happy

TH out of stock in Europe, estimated delivery 30th Oct. I just had to grab that second TH now so I can MOD my existing one into a larger stand-alone. Had been postponing this for a long time already and planned to buy it in the US, but with the Finnish price being €199 and double VIP points, it's actually not that much more expensive than in the US.

FIN €199 - 20 (VIP) = €179.

US $199 x 1,08 (estimated tax) x 0,81 (cash exchange rate) -€10 (VIP) = €164.

The difference for eg. PS is a whopping €60! Used to be €70 with a weaker dollar.

I got lucky then. Ordered mine on Monday, and I already got it today. I just finished the first floor.

Glad I did.

Some goofball on the brick blogger.com just posted that GE is "considered" retired. What the hell is that? Just another unverified rumor to get people nervous or what? Personally, I don't care what gets the axe next since I'm up to date on my modulars. But for those in need of reliable info as to what gets cancelled next, I feel for ya. Good luck, fellow builders!

Some goofball on the brick blogger.com just posted that GE is "considered" retired. What the hell is that? Just another unverified rumor to get people nervous or what? Personally, I don't care what gets the axe next since I'm up to date on my modulars. But for those in need of reliable info as to what gets cancelled next, I feel for ya. Good luck, fellow builders!

When a set is retired doesn't LEGO put a "Retired" flag on the item?

Andy D

GE is now back to 'call to check product availability' at US lego.com.

Better act now!!!!!

Well, that was a small window of opportunity. Gone again.

Omg, my parents just pulled a Town Hall out that they had bought a month ago for my birthday. I thought I was gonna miss out on it. So happy right now.

Omg, my parents just pulled a Town Hall out that they had bought a month ago for my birthday. I thought I was gonna miss out on it. So happy right now.

Superb!

I didn't realise the 2nd exclusive holiday set for november was only available 28th November- 1st December. If it's only going to be an ice skating scene I may get the PS now and Miss this set out.

At least I'll get another workshop plus double points and the way that the PS keeps on going out of stock makes me worry that if I wait till the end of November I'll not be able to get it.

I think all these in and out of stock issues for PS, TH and GE are resellers making bets towards whichever retires next, and it's making it impossible for anyone to actually tell which one it is going to be.

Once the word retired pops up on one of them, stocks of the other two will likely stabilize.

<H8s resellers who are only after huge profits at the expense of others.

Edited by rollermonkey

I just don't want to have to pay over rrp in the reselling market. I'm lucky I have a lego shop within 10 mins drive and a birthday which allowed me to get the GE and spare money to get both TH and PS using vip points etc.

When I was in last the guy serving me said that any of those three (PS,GE, TH) could go as they've been around for a while. Fair enough he's just speculating but next year they have bionicle, new elves line, amongst other things so those shelves will need to be organised carefully. There's hardly any duplicated sets in there so if they can use the space that a big set like the GE takes up to display a few bionicle sets - the likelihood of at least one going to me increases.

Edited by Big-whoop-Guybrush

Because of you guys yesterday I placed an order for TH even though I didn't plan it before...

I didn't realise the 2nd exclusive holiday set for november was only available 28th November- 1st December. If it's only going to be an ice skating scene I may get the PS now and Miss this set out.

At least I'll get another workshop plus double points and the way that the PS keeps on going out of stock makes me worry that if I wait till the end of November I'll not be able to get it.

Last year, they had a triple VIP points offer in addition to the holiday set on the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Who knows if this will repeat, however if you still need a set by then, it would be a great benefit to check the site late Friday night/early Saturday morning when it comes. I bought my PS and GE on that day last year. Still do not have the TH, but I do not have the feeling like I cannot live without it. Yet, if there was $200 to spare and TH was available, I would probably buy it.

"That's part of what makes the rumor of a Detective Office so believable. So many of them seem to have an almost vintage movie feel about them. And you can easily see either of our two previous Modular designers, Jamie or Astrid just falling in love with a Film Noir story like that. Maltese Falcon, Phillip Marlowe, Chinatown and even a touch of Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (This is Lego after all.) once you think of them the set practically designs itself. Upstairs two room detective office over a small hot smelly business. Next door to a cheap motel with one of those vertical signs with a broken letter. The hard boiled detective. The spunky gal Friday. The femme fatal. Peter Lorre. a black bird. Possible architecture styles Art Deco, New Orleans or Savanna style French Quarter iron trappings or a dense Chinatown feel. Just thinking about it you can practically smell it." - Faefrost

I totally agree with this statement with regards to the architecture of most of the modulars. I recently visited Movie World on the Gold Coast in Australia. Most of the façade in the Main Street look like these buildings and I couldn't help thinking that they would make great modular buildings. As for the rest of the statement, I can just about taste it!

(I hit the quote button but it didn't work properly, hence the weird looking post!)

Edited by marvinblue

Great we'll get an Eddie Valiant and a crazy rabbit right ? :laugh:

It could still be a police station......they have detectives right ?

The crazy rabbit would make for a great minifig!!

Don't give Disney any ideas ! :laugh:

Last thing we need is a modular with a piano on it's roof top to fall on to a detective. :laugh:

Time will tell what the next modular is.

The good thing and let's hope it happens again, is that last year, the day after US Thanksgiving was 3X points as I recall. So Nov 28 might be the best day to get any set. I am with rollermonkey, not a big thrill if folks are stocking up on the sets just to resell.

Don't give Disney any ideas ! :laugh:

Last thing we need is a modular with a piano on it's roof top to fall on to a detective. :laugh:

Time will tell what the next modular is.

No. That is the first thing I need.

Now that you thought of it, I would love to see a piano being moved in this next modular :grin:

Haven't seen that movie in years, going to have to find it somehow to go back and see the building, I can't even imagine a Jessica Rabbit Lego

"That's part of what makes the rumor of a Detective Office so believable. So many of them seem to have an almost vintage movie feel about them. And you can easily see either of our two previous Modular designers, Jamie or Astrid just falling in love with a Film Noir story like that. Maltese Falcon, Phillip Marlowe, Chinatown and even a touch of Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Great we'll get an Eddie Valiant and a crazy rabbit right ? :laugh: It could still be a police station......they have detectives right ?

Personally, I'd be very happy with a Jessica Rabbit mini-fig...

With talk of a possible Detective Agency modular, I am reminded of that hilariously funny film Dead Men don't wear Plaid ... and can totally agree with the description posted earlier by @marvinblue.

I know this is getting silly but I just picked up the catalogue and it shows off only the PS, PR and PC which is fair enough but next to both PS and PC it has the normal hard to find logo but it also has the limited quantity logo. No suprise for PS but I was suprised to see it next to PC.