Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

Claussayshoho - I would recommend Helm's Deep/Goblin King. I love Batman. He is my favorite character ever created, but the Batcave set was pretty lackluster (I didn't buy it, but I bought everything else) and Arkham looks amazing, but a bit high price point for one set. But Helm's Deep/Goblin on the other hand brings you a giant castle (I have yet to build it) with some awesome exclusive figures and then some more great looking figures (I won't build Goblin town). I'm more on a Tolkien kick right now though, so that might be why. Go with what you want more. I'm sure the pair you choose will be fun either way. And 3 of the 4 will have good sales eventually I'm sure.

Amset-Rah - I think it all depends on how much cash you actually have. I have the MF Lab, but didn't build it. The figures do look great though. I think if you could add to it and enclose it, it would look very finished. I was going to get the train until I saw the Haunted House and would get ghosts with that. I don't care to own extras of the fighters and the rest of the train wouldn't go with my style, so I skipped on that. I almost bought the castle a few times (again until I saw the Haunted House) since I didn't need extras of some of the figures. But it does have lots of play features and some useful parts for other castle MOCing. The brown man-bats are really neat looking too. I've heard good things about the sand green car also. I'd say go for that for sure, if you're into the MF line. However, don't pay $100. I've seen it for sale down to $60-70 before, so you might want to look out for a sale. I almost snagged it at that low price, but still skipped it for the HH. As for Arkham, that does look like a beautiful set and the figures do look really neat (I will definitely get it eventually), but buying a giant D2C set as your first superhero set might not be the best idea, especially if you seem to be more interested in the MF line anyway. I'd recommend getting one of the smaller superhero sets to see what you think of the characters and everything. And that then will open a giant can of worms to which cheaper SH set to get, so I don't dive into that here.

Another Brick In The Wall - Definitely get the GE. Like everyone else, it will go away sooner. Plus it has more pieces for the same price point. I got it for Father's Day and loved it. The top two floors can be repetitive, but the final result is worth it. They definitely did a great job with the source material. As for PS, I can't attest to that since I haven't built mine yet. I just got it for Christmas so it is still in the box. But the sand blue PS looks awesome. I'm not too sold on the apartment building yet. I think for the price, go GE and then pick up PS later if you are still interested.

Ogilegoreviews81 - I'd skip the pit. I am not too into SW anyway, but when I saw that set I definitely wanted it. But I agree, at that price point and piece count, it really isn't worth it. Especially with only two of four exclusive figures. That rancor is beautiful though. But I am going to look into bricklink and see if I can do that instead. But after building Unexpected Gathering, I would highly recommend that set. If you are into Tolkien at all or just like those figures, get it. It can work for Hobbit or LOTR being such an iconic location. But after building it, I was really impressed with the size. The figures look amazing too and with mostly exclusive figures, where can you go wrong? But if Rancor is a must have, definitely wait for a sale. I would recommend not buying anything from TRU if you can help it, especially since every other store will have the bulk of the sets anyway and usually give sales.

Edited by TheLegoDr

So I saw the pit at my toys r us. Was really pumped to see it but then I came to my senses. The pit has 380 pieces and is $80. What? Right next to it was the Hobbit set An Unexpected Gathering which has 652 pieces and was $85. That's a 252 piece difference for $5. As much as I want the Rancor set I can't justify the piece and price point. What do you guys think? Pass or get the Hobbit set instead?

The Unexpected Gathering is probably the best of the Hobbit sets, and is a really great build. It has tons of detail parts 5 of the 6 figs are exclusive to the set, and it forms a well defined solid scene. A true building. It's a great set. (Oddly the set has no clever play features, but does not need them. It has so many details to play with.)

The Rancor Pit has a really cool big plastic Rancor. It stands amidst 4 dull pillars. All of he value and cost of the set is in the big honking plastic monster. If you are looking for a Lego build it is really expensive.

Hey all,

Not sure if this is the right board for this but...

I am actually looking for a nice little set that my wife and I can complete together.

It should be under 100 euro if possible, fun to build and also look nice on display afterward (we obviously do not care too much about playability here)

I was looking at the Lego Architecture set " Falling Water " but i am still unsure, maybe there's better out there!

Thanks for any suggestions!

10193. Will be fun to build for both you and the lady (and you can do one building each). Wonderfull set on display. Get it while it's still there :wink:

10193-1.jpg

Under 100euro and good to display, I will easily recommend ton anyone the 21009 Farnsworth House, from the Lego Architecture serie, http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=21009-1.

It is also easy to clean, because of the flat tiles, if you have ever wonder on cleaning the dust! ;) Just saying...

Hope it helps you!

Under 100euro and good to display, I will easily recommend ton anyone the 21009 Farnsworth House, from the Lego Architecture serie, http://www.brickset....l/?Set=21009-1.

It is also easy to clean, because of the flat tiles, if you have ever wonder on cleaning the dust! ;) Just saying...

Hope it helps you!

Thanks, i checked it out, looks decent but i prefer the look of the Fallingwater house i think!

Also: checked out some non architecture sets and the only ones that kinda look pretty good on display seem to be modular buildings, WAY too expensive though hmm... Also thinking about the Winter cottage one but unsure...

Falling water is a gorgeous model and a good build too. Definitely one of the, if not the, best of the Architecture line. Get it, you won't regret it.

Should i buy 7649 Ultra drill walker from bricklink for 90 euro (w/o shipment price) Its one from my favourite sets but i saw that earlier this year there was a cheaper one.Should i wait or get it?

Should i buy 7649 Ultra drill walker from bricklink for 90 euro (w/o shipment price) Its one from my favourite sets but i saw that earlier this year there was a cheaper one.Should i wait or get it?

Given that it seems to be an extremely rare set to find, I'd say go for it while it's still possible - if you really like the set that much.

As the sig suggests, I collect the Architecture range. I plan to buy all of them eventually, I'm just not sure which to get next. I still need the Seattle Space Needle, White House, Rockefeller Center, Brandenburg Gate, Big Ben, and Sungnyemun. Does anyone think any of those are likely to be discontinued anytime soon?

I'm looking to buy a Chima set, I only have 50 dollars, though. What should I buy?

I'd go with either one of the Eagle vehicles. They both look great and any/all the figs from the line are fantastic.

As the sig suggests, I collect the Architecture range. I plan to buy all of them eventually, I'm just not sure which to get next. I still need the Seattle Space Needle, White House, Rockefeller Center, Brandenburg Gate, Big Ben, and Sungnyemun. Does anyone think any of those are likely to be discontinued anytime soon?

I too collect the Architecture line. Regarding ones getting discontinued, surprisingly so far only the 2008 John Hancock Center has been fully discontinued, with the 2008 Sears Tower rebranded and repackaged in 2011 as Willis Tower.

That being said, I'm anticipating within the next year at least the 2009 models disappearing soon. That includes the Seattle Space Needle.

The White House came out in 2010, Rockefeller and Brandenburg 2011, Big Ben and Sungnyemun 2012.

So, while Lego is free to discontinue any of them at any time, I'd say the one that has the highest chance of going soon is the Seattle Space Needle, as it will be pushing 4 years as a set in 2013.

Out of the 2013 60016 Tanker Truck, 60018 Cement Mixer, 60002 Fire Truck or 60017 Flatbed Truck which one of the 4would be the best to get?

Out of the 2013 60016 Tanker Truck, 60018 Cement Mixer, 60002 Fire Truck or 60017 Flatbed Truck which one of the 4would be the best to get?

I'd go with 60017 Flatbed Truck. Its something new, fresh and interesting.

Which option shall I get:

OPTION 1:

70000 - Razcal's Glider, 70005 - Laval's Royal Striker and 70006 - Cragger's Command Ship.

OPTION 2:

70000 - Razcal's Glider, 70003 - Eris Eagle Interceptor, 70005 - Laval's Royal Striker and 70013 - Equila Ultra Striker.

OPTION 3:

70004 - Wakz Pack Tracker, 70005 - Laval's Royal Striker and 70006 - Cragger's Command Ship.

OPTION 4:

70000 - Razcal's Glider, 70005 - Laval's Royal Striker, 70012 - Razar's CHI Raider and 70013 - Equila Ultra Striker.

THE PICTURES OF THE SETS ARE IN MY PHOTOSTREAM, AND IN THE LoC SET. Please reply. :classic:

I would get option 4 if you want the tribal diversity but option 3 of you want big sets.

I joined this website a few months after the last holiday season when I awoke from my "dark ages without lego". When I was a kid I always loved legos but never really owned a collection that was worth bragging about. After going through my old stock, I ended up selling all my old sets which were mostly half built sets and started from scratch.

Since I am avery big harry potter fan I decided that was the best place for me to start. I acquired all 5 hogwarts castles with minifigs, the burrows, diagon ally, and a few other sets that I found entertaining. When I started to read these forums I found out that there wouldn't be any new HP sets created, which upset me alot but I went and started to research what other options I had as far as themes I could collect. This is when I heard of the LOTR/HOBBIT theme and couldn't believe it. I have always been a huge fan of Tolkien and couldn't wait to start on my lego middle earth. I have all lotr/hobbit sets that have been released so far and have plans to purchase any future set from this them. My problem is that my craving for building legos has increased and having to wait until march or even later for new sets seems too long. I started researching for another theme to collect or even just spectacular sets that would help satisfy my urge. The lone ranger definitely looks promising but I have come to respect the reviews and recommendations of alot of users of this website. So I ask of you all, what theme should I start buying? What awesome sets are must haves for a wanna be extreme lego collector? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Welcome to Eurobricks! It sounds like you've already got a head start on one of the best licensed themes out there (LotR/Hobbit). I love hearing how that theme has brought so many new fans into the hobby.

I agree with Teardrop, you can't go wrong with the Superheroes theme. I'd say that the DC sets are currently my favorite - especially the new Arkham Asylum set.

Hi

You should certainly pick up some Superhero sets as they are incredible. I think the Figures are some of the best that LEGO have ever designed.

Sounds like you're really getting into licensed themes. :sweet:

You may like Prince of Persia, you can still pick them up on Bricklink considerably cheap. The movie wasn't great, but the sets are still pretty amazing. Even if you're not too much into the theme, Battle of Alamut was one of the best sets of 2010, in my opinion.

Superheroes may also interest you.

I'd go with 60017 Flatbed Truck. Its something new, fresh and interesting.

Gotcha, thanks.

I have to agree with the others here, Superheroes is one of the best themes out there right now. The minifigs are usually very good, and while the builds are hit or miss, there are some true marvels among them (no pun intended) such as the Quinjet and Arkham Asylum. Even if you don't like Batman, you will love Arkham simply for how detailed it is, and if you want to incorporate it into another theme, I think it would make a great Grimmauld Place.

Toy Story was also a great theme as it had incredible minifigures and some nice builds such as the Garbage Truck Getaway. And as CallMePie said, Prince of Persia was very good too.

If you have more money to spend, the Modular Buildings and Winter Village are always a good buy as they look great and can easily be incorporated into other themes such as Super Heroes and Harry Potter.