I found Batman's Arkham Asylum (10937) for 130 EUR (30 EUR off the regular price) on local ''version'' of ebay.com. It was from an adult collection, with neatly applied stickers, instructions and the box. Needless to say it's mine now. :grin:

I found A metroLiner complete with box in great condition for $30, However when i went to pick it up the seller had already sold it to another guy thinking it was me..........................I hate life!

I found the yellow castle in good condition recently at the Bricking Bavaria in Munich. Well 119€ without box, and they won't get cheaper trough the years. The Price was ok for a set this old.Having found that one 35 years after it's release and being a early minifig era classic.

All figures (Smileys with solid stud) and stickers included. Sadly 4 grey 1x1 plates and two 2x2 plates were missing, and one helmet was white instead of grey.

But after some searching replaced the missing pieces with parts from my collection. Only the white helmet couldn't be replaced with a grey one, since I don't have the old minifig helmets from the late 70s/early 80s). Seems, that I have to go on the next bricking Bavaria and hoping to find some old city sets, these were all sold out this time.

mFg Widdi

Edited by Widdi

I don't know if this is really exciting but I got this at a local store for 50% off

3874 Lego Heroica: Ilrion

I also got this at a flea market for $4, brand new and unopened

3857 Lego Heroica: Draida Bay

I got this for $3.00

4026 Create Your Dreams

At Goodwill, I got these,

8919 Lego Bionicle: Mantax for $0.99

10656 My First Lego Princess for $2.99

8514 Technic: Robo Riders, Power for $2.99

I also got a big bag full of bionicle pieces and some minifigs with a lot of technic and 1900's vintage lego for $18.00

Other things I got at a yard sale were

8658 Lego Racers: Big Bling Wheelie for $0.99

8587 Lego Bionicle: Rahkshi Panrahk for $2.99

and a bag of some Lego pieces for $1.99

So, those have been the things I have found. :-)

Picked up 7094, 7079, 7097, and 8823 a while back at a garage sale, $20. Tattooed trolls were there, sadly, most of the other figures were not. Sets were about 99% complete, only a handful of pieces to complete them. Already have King's Castle Siege, but getting Troll Mountain Fortress was cool.

Ii picked up a 9497 Jedi Striker Class fighter a couple of weeks ago for £7 from a store near me.

They normally reduce items randomly and this was the last one they had in the stock room. I arrived about 15 mins after it had been put up. It was reduced from the £10 they had them originally listed for.

Also picked up Council of Elrond there for £15.

Ii picked up a 9497 Jedi Striker Class fighter a couple of weeks ago for £7 from a store near me.

They normally reduce items randomly and this was the last one they had in the stock room. I arrived about 15 mins after it had been put up. It was reduced from the £10 they had them originally listed for.

Also picked up Council of Elrond there for £15.

They are both steal of prices, great find! I really like 9497 as it's definitely one of my favorite LEGO sets and 79006 looks like a sweet set, and is actually on my want list! ;)

Being LFCMessi you're not in Liverpool are you?

Edited by Robianco

I found Batman's Arkham Asylum (10937) for 130 EUR (30 EUR off the regular price) on local ''version'' of ebay.com. It was from an adult collection, with neatly applied stickers, instructions and the box. Needless to say it's mine now. :grin:

I was lucky enough to get this set for £50 from a local buy sell swap site on facebook.

Being LFCMessi you're not in Liverpool are you?

Nope, however I am a Liverpool supporter :grin:

I was lucky enough to get this set for £50 from a local buy sell swap site on facebook.

That's a steal of a price, why can I never get amazing deals like that! :cry_sad:

On eBay last night I found the series 1 zombie and crash test dummie, the series 2 spartan, and the court jester all for $20, including shipping!

I had this a few months ago but just got around to sorting them out. It was in a $5 bin (bin included, probably worth $5 at Walmart) and after tossing aside imitation transformers and playmobile I ended up with about 6 pounds of clean LEGO plus several instruction manual. Some manuals are for sets that weren't included so it may have been in another tub I didn't see or was already sold. What I got for sure are: (based on partial assembled sets and verifying against Bricklink inventory)

4721 Hogswart Classroom

4735 Slytherin

4706 Forbidden Corridor

These 3 seems complete but I'd have to put together most of the partial assemblies to find out. The 3 headed Fluffy is included =)

Also 5955 vehicle only, no minifig, dinosaurs, or other parts.

I have the instruction for:

5955, 4792, 4606, 6520, and 4735 plus a 2001 catalog

All for only $5

Yet to find anything substantial so far, have to check out more charity shops and car boots. However a few weeks back I did find a single Series 5 minifigure packet in Tesco, lying in the crisp section section no doubt. It had gone down to 80p as well. looked around for some others but all they had was series 10 and 11.

Bought a box containing six sets for 90€. The ad said It contained the first snowspeeder, speederbikes, two adenturers sets the imperial flagship (old one) and the skulls eye schooner. By itself not a bad deal at all. Imagine my surprise when I started rummaging through the box and found additional red and white sails in pristine condition. Checked the hull parts to find an extra ship. Looked at some parts and realised the box also contained a black seas barracuda! I bought three classic ships for 90€! Sails in pristine condition too!

Edited by Hobbythom

Bought a box containing six sets for 90€. The ad said It contained the first snowspeeder, speederbikes, two adenturers sets the imperial flagship (old one) and the skulls eye schooner. By itself not a bad deal at all. Imagine my surprise when I started rummaging through the box and found additional red and white sails in pristine condition. Checked the hull parts to find an extra ship. Looked at some parts and realised the box also contained a black seas barracuda! I bought three classic ships for 90€! Sails in pristine condition too!

That's a good find indeed. Two of the most beloved and sought-after pirate ships in 1 fairly cheap haul, with one of them even being there as a surprise... nice!

Great deal Hobbythom ! The price for the Schooner and BSB is ridiculous nowadays, particularly on eBay. They usually go for £200, each.

A few hauls since 2008, some quite recent:

8420 Street Bike, Technic. £2 from a Charity Shop. 100% complete, box, instructions, spare parts, even the original bags.

4644 City Marina, on clearance in Asda a few years ago, sealed. £8

7900 Heavy Loader, opened, with box, spares, instructions, 100% complete. £1.50

5974 Galactic Enforcer, Space. I'd say 95% ish complete, Original Manuals etc. £22

7065 Alien Mothership, Space. On clearance at Asda, the box was absolutely smashed, but I took a risk, in the end it was complete. £15

6975 Alien Avenger, Space. £8, missing a couple of plates and a minifigure.

7948 Outpost attack and 7946 King's Castle. 100% Boxes, instructions etc. £45

7952 Kingdoms Advent calendar, sealed. £12

A vintage Quality Streets tin, full of parts and minifigs from Town, Space, Pirates and castle from the 80's/90's, including most of set 6396 International Jetport. £7

7171 Mos Espa Podrace, Star Wars, 99% complete with original box, most of the first wave Bionicle's, some Drome Racers, Lego Island for PC and some Space Police 1, M-Tron, Blacktron, and Futuron guys. £15

6597 Century Skyway, 4766 Graveyard Duel, 4768 The Durmstrang ship and some Town Jr and Jake Stone stuff. 99%-100% complete. £21

Hot a few more Goodwill stores today and below is what i came away with.

Group 1 $16.00

Group1.jpg

Group 2 $12.99

Group2.jpg

Group 3 $7.99

Group3.jpg

Group 4 $9.05

Group4.jpg

Now I just gotta get them all cleaned.

Last month i bought a sealed box of the Level Crossing set 7936 at BL for 35 euros while any other sellers ask ridiculously high prices for that set.

Edited by XeniK

Last month i bought a sealed box of the Level Crossing set 7936 at BL for 35 euros while any other sellers ask ridiculously high prices for that set.

Dude. You seriously stole my avatar? I guess I'm kind of flattered, but wow.

I was wondering if anyone had ever been to or worked at a store that can help me with this:

I really want certain minifigures and don't want most of the sets they come in, when going to a toy store, I notice that a lot of boxes are broken or ripped open and I was wondering if by any chance, store owners or managers keep these sets to sell or throw them out. In the case that they throw them out, do you think they'd be willing to let me have a peek at some broken boxes and keep a minifigure or two for my collection? I know I'd have to pay them something, but I think it'd be faster than bricklink and cheaper than buying a set that I know I don't want.

Dude. You seriously stole my avatar? I guess I'm kind of flattered, but wow.

Sorry kibosh it was just for temporarily use :wink: