Shadows

Ameribricks: Shocking News Here

I think what he's trying to say is topics would normally be locked or something if people were yelling like that, and posting so many stereotypes.

True, but this was not a normal case. They left it open for the amusement of those who got the joke. What's wrong about that? And I'm sure no one really meant to offend anybody with those stereotypes. It was all in good fun. :classic:

WHAT??? This was only a joke! :pir-oh3:

But I love South America... That continent really deserves an AFOL website named after it!

German born, and living most of my life in the USA... I was pretty much ambivolent about the change... but I did have empathy for the folks over in Europe. I was thinking to myself.... "why are they being so blatant about it with the American flag and all?" And then last week I posted a link to this forum on 1000steine, and the cut/paste of the link still said "Eurobricks"... so I was wondering... "what's up with that?"

I was thinking did these Admins loose their marbles? lol.... I guess so......... :wink:

I am not amused by this "joke" that lasted far, far longer than it should have here, for me to say the least! :angry: Next time, I want for you people to please, please not let April Fool's Day jokes last longer than a couple of days at the very most. :wink:

I am not amused by this "joke" that lasted far, far longer than it should have here, for me to say the least! :angry: Next time, I want for you people to please, please not let April Fool's Day jokes last longer than a couple of days at the very most. :wink:

April Fool's Month: Coming when you least expect it!

I assume that those who would leave due to the name changing to Ameribricks are the same people who would protest me joining because I'm not European.

:thumbup: I had fun poking fun of good ol' murica. Since we are the best country in history, we know we can make fun of ourselves and still be respected by everyone ever as the best.

-snip-

April Fools events are common over large parts of the world, including this site, you could perhaps relax your morals on such days to allow yourself to enjoy the inevitable jokes and pranks.

I would like the make the point, however, that moderating capacity did on no account decline during the joke. Yes, there was unusal responses and arguments not normally tolerated, but solely in the joke thread. Many moderators even joined in poking fun, which should have made it obvious that it was a joke. If the same admins who have been toiling for years to improve and preserve the site suddenly changed attitude, one would think that something was up. Fundimentally, the rest of Eurobricks stayed exactly the same throughout, and so, if you thought the joke distasteful, you could always stop reading it. :wink:

Being from Australia, where we are typically stereo-typed with kangaroo jokes and references to Crocodile Dundee, I found it hilarious. Clearly it wasn't serious just a rather amusing joke on a day set aside for jokes.

Its all about the bricks whether they're Red, White or Blue or any other colour!

Next time you play a joke like this you may want to change the url address,keeping it to Eurobricks.com may have been a mistake to the 'eagle eyed people'. :blush:

We want the world and will never settle for only America :devil:

I won't hesitate to sink your battle ship if you try to take over Scotland. :snicker:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Next time you play a joke like this you may want to change the url address,keeping it to Eurobricks.com may have been a mistake to the 'eagle eyed people'. :blush:

I won't hesitate to sink your battle ship if you try to take over Scotland. :snicker:

Well, they did buy "ameribricks.us" and redirect it to the site. Any future plans for that URL? Seems an awful waste to just have it redirect back to Eurobricks. Maybe you could make it an alternate homepage, with all the content and links the same but having the Ameribricks banner? I don't know if that's feasible, I'm no web developer.

With what? Scotland has no military force of its own; perhaps you could ask jolly old England to help you out. :poke:

Sorry, couldn't resist. :grin:

With what? Scotland has no military force of its own; perhaps you could ask jolly old England to help you out. :poke:

They have our nukes, careful :look:.

They have our nukes, careful :look:.

We don't need a army when we have nukes. :devil_laugh:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Yeah, we have more nukes than there are countries and we still have bases of soldiers on everyone's doorstep. Why? Because we're 'Murica! Honestly, it makes no sense.

Am I the only one who doesn't find the "'Murrica" meme funny..?

We don't need a army when we have nukes. :devil_laugh:

Shame that Westminster has the launch codes! :poke:

I'm not very fond of it either, even though I'm Canadian.

I honestly think Shadows is a jerk. Just because you find it funny to wind people up and irritate them, you feel they *deserve it*?!!? You do realise, you are basically acting exactly like bully, proven by your apparant impression that people deserved to be distraught/irritated.

Yes, At first I fell for it. Then I realised it was April Fools DAY so was like 'ahhh dangit they got me!! Good one!'<--- funny part, I felt dumb for not getting it then.

Then it went on. April Fools jokes happen funnily enough, on April Fools day. once the day is gone, jokes stop and it's back to normal.

I wasn't certain at all, for some reason (common sense eluded me) but that does NOT mean you have the right to treat people like crap. Realising people were getting distraught over it yet feeling they DESERVED it, these people who come to the site because of how well it is managed, suddenly released to a bunch of selfish people who like to laugh at others getting irritated?

You do realise, you are now no better than those typical internet trolls who like to make pointless threats at others who then for some reason, all rationality goes out the window and are actually scared?

Taking this too far am I?

I don't think so, I think you stepped the line once the joke day was done and are acting like a selfish immature brat who feeds off other peoples hurt; people who come to this site for its good reputation and apparent good character, as proven in your statements in this thread.

I can take jokes, I can take looking a fool and can accept people laughing at me for being slow on the uptake, what I don't like are people who brag about how right they are to disrespect other peoples feelings of something they clearly have come to cherish and mock them for it.

You truly are a disgusting attempt at a human being.

.Only joking!!!

. or am I...

Joking really! Haha!

.Or perhaps not...

Edited by Fuppylodders

I don't really care for it... I'm pretty sure there is another 'a' :grin:

You'll never know when you'll need our help... until you do :wink:

April Fool's Month: Coming when you least expect it!

There is no such thing as "April Fool's Month"! :wink:

I honestly think Shadows is a jerk. Just because you find it funny to wind people up and irritate them, you feel they *deserve it*?!!? You do realise, you are basically acting exactly like bully, proven by your apparant impression that people deserved to be distraught/irritated.

Yes, At first I fell for it. Then I realised it was April Fools DAY so was like 'ahhh dangit they got me!! Good one!'<--- funny part, I felt dumb for not getting it then.

Then it went on. April Fools jokes happen funnily enough, on April Fools day. once the day is gone, jokes stop and it's back to normal.

I wasn't certain at all, for some reason (common sense eluded me) but that does NOT mean you have the right to treat people like crap. Realising people were getting distraught over it yet feeling they DESERVED it, these people who come to the site because of how well it is managed, suddenly released to a bunch of selfish people who like to laugh at others getting irritated?

You do realise, you are now no better than those typical internet trolls who like to make pointless threats at others who then for some reason, all rationality goes out the window and are actually scared?

Taking this too far am I?

I don't think so, I think you stepped the line once the joke day was done and are acting like a selfish immature brat who feeds off other peoples hurt; people who come to this site for its good reputation and apparent good character, as proven in your statements in this thread.

I can take jokes, I can take looking a fool and can accept people laughing at me for being slow on the uptake, what I don't like are people who brag about how right they are to disrespect other peoples feelings of something they clearly have come to cherish and mock them for it.

You truly are a disgusting attempt at a human being.

.Only joking!!!

. or am I...

Joking really! Haha!

.Or perhaps not...

I say amen to this! :wink:

Edited by Good Cragger Fan