Ye Olde Pirate

What Pirate set should I buy?

SES - it's worth more, sell it and buy a BSB! :pir-laugh:

lol - I didn't know that :)

What's a MISB SES worth compared to a MISB BSB - wow all those acronyms :imperialguard_commander1:

lol - I didn't know that :)

What's a MISB SES worth compared to a MISB BSB - wow all those acronyms :imperialguard_commander1:

$100 or so more. The original set was $20 more than the BSB, and was rarer anyway. The BSB was also re-released, which doesn't affect the price of MIB sets, but the price of box-less ones is lower.

Kind of boils down to this poll, eh?

But definitely BSB for me, because in comparison to SES it has an upper deck, neutral sails, so it can be converted into any faction by swapping flags, a much better stern design, and no silly rotating canons. SES is of course a proper three-master and the big sail on the second mast makes it look a lot larger and more menacing. If I'd have both the SES would be my pirate ship, whereas the BSB would be converted into an imperial ship.

Luckily I just managed to buy a 6285 BSB :pir-classic:

I say SES only because I have an origianl BSB.

I don't like schooners :pir-sweet:

The SES isn't a real schooner. The sails of a schooner are placed in the length of the ship. :pir-classic:

If I couls save one ship, it would be SES..... because I already own a BSB. The latter is the best.

I have superpowers, so my superspeed would save them both :pir-tongue:.

Probably SES though, the BSB looks slightly better, but the SES is worth more, has better figs and is more interesting.

I say SES only because I have an origianl BSB.
If I couls save one ship, it would be SES..... because I already own a BSB. The latter is the best.

I think the idea of the topic is more to imagine it would be your only copy of BSB versus your only copy of SES. And no reselling possibilities :pir-tongue:

I think the idea of the topic is more to imagine it would be your only copy of BSB versus your only copy of SES. And no reselling possibilities :pir-tongue:

Well, in that case: BSB. More realistic, and I will never sell it. :pir-cry_happy:

The BSB is more realistic and I'd say slightly better of a ship but SES is rarer of the two so I would go with SES. But if we even up the rarity and there was only one left MISB of both in the whole world I would take BSB.

That other poll encompasses the other major ships in the Pirates line, but the SES and BSB are unarguably the best ships in the line. Maybe we can get a poll to allow these two ships to duke it out?

I vote BSB. It looks way more bad megablocks, and despite being limited to two cannon per side, it looks the most like a proper ship out of all the official Pirates sets.

:pir_laugh2: From the title of this I figured it would be asking witch one to buy.

I would save the BSB, I like the coloring on it better than the SES

x2 - save the SES first and sell it and then buy a BSB :pir_laugh2:

As I like BSB much :pir_laugh2:

The price of them are very close, but if I do not remember it wrong the SES usually a bit more expenisive.

BSB has been re release as legend but SES did not, much rare.

Well, if the BSB is a original 1989 6285 MIS setz, i may save it first. :pir_laugh2:

This is one of those classic battles like (Mc.Donalds or Burger King), (Pepsi or Coke), ( MAC) or PC), (Red or Blue ) :pir-tongue:

And then BSB vs SES. Both are awesome. Personal preference is what it comes down to I guess

As for me I would save the BSB as it is just plain awesome :pir-wub:

unfortunately I dont own either. :pir_bawling: However id have to choose the BSB because it is much more realistic and the first ship of the pirate theme. It also has somewhat of a deck above the gun deck...

unfortunately I dont own either. :pir_bawling: However id have to choose the BSB because it is much more realistic and the first ship of the pirate theme. It also has somewhat of a deck above the gun deck...

Why does everybody say the BSB is more realistic. It can't be because of design because the ship looks like a cross between a brig and a spanish gallen because of the way the captains cabin and rear deck are situated. The color scheme is also not much better. You have a base brown and then a patch of white along the gun deck and then you have solid black with bright yellow triming. It looks so ugly the way the black clashes with the yellow and the white. Now granted the SES has some serious color scheme problems too but to say the the BSB is more realistic than the SES is a little too much. :pir-classic: