just started here on EB, and collecting but last week a nice update for the collection. Had a great deal on "marktplaats", somekind of e-bay.

Only thing is that it is all bulk. In total 35 kg :blush: of technic and some starwars.

Will make some photos when finished sorting and building, so maybe end of 2012 :grin:

It includes 2*8258 (oh me like), 2*8043 and very important 8868.

Hi Mike.

Nice startup collection! Twice the 8043 en twice the 8258...wow. Nice find on Marktplaats. What did you pay for the lot?

Looking forward to some pictures.

Edit: sorry, a bit off topic

Edited by Gekke Ted

*huh* *huh* *huh*

What project needs that amount of wheels?!?!

Real-man sized trucks.

Jesus how on earth did you get that many of them. I have 6 and think I did well (3 * power puller)

I cant really post any pictures up of my workshop as I am moving to my garage for more space. Builders are converting it as we speak. Gonna be huge and full of technic!

I cant really post any pictures up of my workshop as I am moving to my garage for more space. Builders are converting it as we speak. Gonna be huge and full of technic!

Easy, I brought them off bricklink.

I just stumbled upon this thread, and figured I might as well add a few pictures of my "collection" Currently most of my beams are tied up in all the cranes I have currently built, but there are a "few" 1 x 16's I still have that aren't being used....

1x16s2.jpg

Here are a few pics of my cranes as they are stored:

corner.jpg

1800.jpg

Wow, that's an insane amount of beams you have there *huh* And some very big cranes *oh2* Nice work!

And still, it looks very organized... I can learn from that :tongue:

Here is about half of my collection, the other half is displayed in different rooms around the house :classic:

gxr-291020.jpg

xz-291020.jpg

How does everyone keep their displays clean?

I personally hate my Lego getting dusty, so when the current house renovations are finished i'm going to have 3 large sealed cabinets built into the walls. One that's ~3500 x 2100 x 750mm, ~3000 x 2100 x 600 and another thats already built thats ~2100 x 2100 x 600.

Also Alvin B that's an insane collection.

Well, you can put some sealing tape (usually used for windows) on the edges of the display cabinet or in my case I keep my cabinets in rooms that aren't that dusty. I have to say that there is a big difference between the rooms in my house, some will get dusty right away and others are a lot less inclined to collect dust, I haven't figured out why that is :sceptic:

I have to say that there is a big difference between the rooms in my house, some will get dusty right away and others are a lot less inclined to collect dust, I haven't figured out why that is :sceptic:

As gross as it sounds, house dust is mostly human skin cells. Therefore, rooms with a lot of human traffic in them tend to gather a lot of dust, and rooms you never go into don't.

Update. I have build quite some models the past time. Took some pics of them before dismantling all again :classic:

tD5X8.jpg?1

The cars

WVNaq.jpg?1

Not showing:

2x 4958 Dino

4958-1.jpg

8258 crane truck

8258-1.jpg

8110 Unimog

8110-1.jpg

8259 Bulldozer

8459-1.jpg

8460 Crane

8460-1.jpg

8274 Combine

8274-1.jpg

8294 Excavator

8294-1.jpg

8297 4x4 Off roader

8297-1.jpg

And 8051 Motor

8051-1.jpg

And various small sets..

Update. I have build quite some models the past time. Took some pics of them before dismantling

Bord4kop, very nice collection you have :thumbup:

It's got to be Blakbird (see his Brickshelf gallery). He owns ALL of the Lego Technic sets ever made! :cry_happy:

dsc_4554small.jpgdsc_4561small.jpgdsc_4553small.jpgdsc_4562small.jpg

What the!!!!

My family have always commented on how much lego I have but I have nothing like this (ref: Blakbird collection). Now I can show them that my passion for lego is ok.

I just stumbled upon this thread, and figured I might as well add a few pictures of my "collection" Currently most of my beams are tied up in all the cranes I have currently built, but there are a "few" 1 x 16's I still have that aren't being used....

1x16s2.jpg

Here are a few pics of my cranes as they are stored:

corner.jpg

1800.jpg

What the!!!!

Here are some excellent photos of Paul (Sariel) 's workbench;

workbench1.jpg

workbench2.jpg

What the!!!!

Hang on a minute. It's christmas and it's payday for me tomorrow. Seeing all these lego parts is making me re-think what I should spend my monthly salary on. I have a choice:

1: Christmas stuff, you know, presents, turkey and a book

2: My other passion in life. Crisps and Chocolates (Walkers crisps of course)

3: Lego. And lots of it.

I have some serious thinking to do.

Hey Horace,

yeah that's a difficult decision right there. I'd go for a combination of number 1 and number 3 and skip number 2 altogether; in the long run, that'll be the best choice :laugh:

PS: please don't add pictures in your quotes, it's a bit frowned upon here :look:

Update. I have build quite some models the past time. Took some pics of them before dismantling all again :classic:

tD5X8.jpg?1

Oh dear ...

I knew I shouldn't have taken a look in this this topic,

You've just reminded me that I still got a whole bunch of Lego Technic sets that need to be dismantled, Standing on the desk behind me and taking up every other bit of space in my new room.

(Been banished to the attic and lost almost all the shelf space I had, Now I got a serious amount of dismantling to do and also have to clean everything cos it's all very dusty.)

I'll post a pic or two in the next couple of days (I think.)

Right I need to sort some pics out lol. I have not moved in to the garage yet as my main build room so I have 1 double room in the house for the robots, the conservatory for building the LEGO Cart (WIP) and the garage has the overflow plus the Wheelchair and new parts that I have not sorted.

Nice collections all! Construction sets are so cool when you place them together. Hope to see a Construction Dump Truck that can fit in a minifigure soon...

Sorry about the bad quality, my camera doesn't take good indoor pictures. Alot of what is on my desk is waiting to be cleaned and then either built or dumped into general parts pile, finally got a RC buggy today so I want to try and build something with that.

I'm also running out of room for new models. Going to replace an excavator with a bulldozer, and need to figure out what to do with the F1/silver sensation cars, they are too wide for the shelves

B1ko2.jpg

5hCvk.jpg

Edited by S.I

I'm also running out of room for new models. Going to replace an excavator with a bulldozer, and need to figure out what to do with the F1/silver sensation cars, they are too wide for the shelves

I could take one of the F1's off your hands. You know, to help you out and all... :sweet:

Mike

Great collection, BTW.

Edited by Kronos

Thanks. Right now I'm just missing 8288 for my wishlist, although I still occasionally look for a cheap 8868, space shuttle, and the ferrari 599. I skipped picking a 8288 up on clearence for a second red excavator for the new treads and LAs a couple of years back and it still annoys me.

Haha. I havn't even had time to build them yet, picked up 2 red ones (1:8, the second one for parts since it was really cheap), a silver one and a blue one over the last couple of months for cheap on ebay, took everything except the silver one apart, but still need to get rid of the peeling stickers and clean the pieces. I probably have way more parts than I will ever need, but its very hard to pass up really good deals. (... german ebay, some of you probably would kill for the things I end up not bidding on like unopened 8466s for <150, used complete 8455s for <50, etc ...)

Edited by S.I

Haha. I havn't even had time to build them yet, picked up 2 red ones (1:8, the second one for parts since it was really cheap), a silver one and a blue one over the last couple of months for cheap on ebay, took everything except the silver one apart, but still need to get rid of the peeling stickers and clean the pieces. I probably have way more parts than I will ever need, but its very hard to pass up really good deals. (... german ebay, some of you probably would kill for the things I end up not bidding on like unopened 8466s for <150, used complete 8455s for <50, etc ...)

Yeah, I'm hunting for a quality 8466 at a good price. Good luck, right?