Sign in to follow this  
Stormbringer

How to Train Your Dragon

indexed.gif

I think it's about time that I start being active on this site. So much fun!

For those who have not seen my work before, I mainly specialize in making Lego dragons, particularly from last year's film "How to Train your Dragon".

So here's some of my old HTTYD mocs. Yes, I know it's a bit late since the movie came out, but it's some of my best work and I'd like to share it on Eurobricks.

Starting off are all the dragons that appeared in the film (except for the BIG one).

The Night Fury

4627617889_07645c056d.jpg

The Deadly Nadder

4862249850_1ac13462aa.jpg

The Gronckle

4888964541_d4617184cd.jpg

The Zippleback

5039994247_3c150c58b1.jpg

The Terrible Terror

5144173268_fc8600ab5b.jpg

The Monstrous Nightmare

5192560238_83545a9b63.jpg

Here's some more juicy extras

:classic:

5191989019_2c4f99f054.jpg

The Village Attack

5192584982_5582b60dab.jpg

5192584266_bc3cf9826b.jpg

Can you spot the Night Fury?

5192583566_a7a4511e9e.jpg

Hiccup and the gang

5191986641_ed2a03e65c.jpg

Whew... that was alot... I hope you enjoyed them!

Hopefully this year I'll start making Vol. 2, which surrounds the dragons from the Dragon Book (Timberjack, Scauldren, etc).

As well as the Red Death (if that's even possible).

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

It's not just your dragons that look awesome, but the scenery is amazing too! The first one with the Night Fury is my favourite - it looks just like the scene.

I've seen your work on MOCpages, and these are easily my favorites. All of the dragons are instantly recognizable, shaped with a nice, refined LEGO look, and look very poseable and playable. And as Artanis said, your scenery is excellent as well. Not to mention the minifigs, which are excellent.

My favorite is The Deadly Nadder, these are all so great! Especially like the 'dressing' on the head with the Katara face.

Wow these are all highly-excellent creations Stormbringer, thanks for taking the time to share these with us here in Eurobricks! :thumbup: It's great to see how each of the dragons has its own unique look and the individual scenes portraying them are very well done too. My favorite among these is The Zippleback. Hope to see more of your MOcs here in the near future.

I don´t see the film but wow the dragons are very detailed and look awesome.

And the landscape (my favourite of every Moc if present) look fantastic too.

I hope your Vol 2 could expand in this point. :thumbup:

Hey mate, glad to welcome you to the fold, and in particular my little neck of the woods! :thumbup: Your dragons are most assuredly welcome on Eurobricks and I can't wait to see more from you from the book. I must confess I haven't seen the movie or know a lot about it, but I definitely admire the smoothness of design and the posability of the dragons and as others have mentioned the scenery seals the deal. You are a similar builder to myself in that you like to ground your creations in reality I think.

Your Dragons are indeed superb. Brick perfect replicas of the film ones. I look forward to future creations!

AWESOME scenes and dragons 'Strombringer', from what I also recall that Cartoon Network were working on a TV series from that film. :wink:

Brick On Train On ! :grin:

I;ve seen this on cc, and it is a pleasure to go trought pictures again

bravo, fantastic job ;)

Wow, very creative. The Deadly Nadder is my favorite. The head looks very menacing. All your creations are nice, though. I see some innovative uses for pieces.

Great dragons and a large variety too. Very good job. Also you have so many flame pieces.

Ps. Dragonator posting on this thread in 3,2,... :laugh:

Welcome to Eurobricks, Stormbringer. My wife and I love this movie - we just saw it the other day. I must say, I didn't have any problems recognizing the dragons. They are all briliant. I will show it to my wife tomorrow morning. I'm pretty sure, she will agree with me. Thumbs up for your work - including the scenery. Really great :classic:

These are awesome! Easily one of my favorite animated films and you captured the dragons perfectly. Id like to see more pics of the nightfury, looks like an excellent model. Good work, looking forward to vol.2! :thumbup:

:jollyroger: Dread Pirate Wesley

These are awesome! Easily one of my favorite animated films and you captured the dragons perfectly. Id like to see more pics of the nightfury, looks like an excellent model. Good work, looking forward to vol.2! :thumbup:

:jollyroger: Dread Pirate Wesley

How silly of me not to include a link. Here you go!

This includes some WIP's as well.

Wow your dragons are so amazing, I wish I had your talents to build something like that.

Red Death looks so ferocious, can't wait to see the entire thing.

I've seen your work on MOCpages, and these are easily my favorites. All of the dragons are instantly recognizable, shaped with a nice, refined LEGO look, and look very poseable and playable. And as Artanis said, your scenery is excellent as well. Not to mention the minifigs, which are excellent.

Thank you very much!

As others have said, lovely dragons, but also lovely scenes! You should think about posting some more views of those dioramas separately - I've indexed the thread under 'Creatures', as it's about dragons, but there's scope for showing off your scenery more.

:wub:

Wow, great work on all of these; the minifigs are really nicely done but it is the dragons who are the stars here and they look fantastic. Can't pick a certain favorite of them since they are all so cool and true to the movie.

Edited by DarkFader

Great MOCs! :thumbup: I love the detail you put into the dragons and the village. Will you make the dragon queen :devil: (the giant blue blind dino-like one)?

Great MOCs! :thumbup: I love the detail you put into the dragons and the village. Will you make the dragon queen :devil: (the giant blue blind dino-like one)?

Yes, or trying to. His head is already completed, but not his body. Here's the link - WIP Red Death

This guy is seriously HUGE, and will be perhaps the largest moc I'll ever make.

But I've run out of parts so I guess I'll have to save up and buy more...