Klaus-Dieter

Petition for Western returning

Your wasting your time guys, its to late, the report has already been made and I believe that its been sent to the Lego company.

Could this be LEGO's answer?

Those figures are very good looking, the cowboy and the caveman especially. It's hard to say whether we can assume much from them though - I hope it's a sign of things to come, but they could just be custom made for employees.

Could this be LEGO's answer?

04-New-Card.jpg

Those minifig collectibles aren't coming out in any sets I guess that's the only Western thing we will get next year. :sceptic: But it's a great minifig that I'll be getting for sure so I'm not that disappointed.

Read more about the minifig collectibles here.

Sign me up since the western pieces in the new Toy Story line ain't enough. We need more bad guys and more variety in minifigs + some civilians and regular townspeople for instance and of course newly designed sets that are different from what we already know.

Look at Playmobil. They usually have western sets in their range of products and as far as I know, they always had them.

Ideas:

- drugstore

- blacksmith

- saloon

- arms dealer (store)

- oil well

- well's fargo coach

- train station

- cattle farm

- bandit ambush with stage coach

- US army / Confederate army battle packs

- civilians, cowboys and indians battle packs

- anything not yet mentioned

Edited by jamtf

No, tere aren't any Western sets available in the regular shops. They had, I believe Western was the first Playmobil theme.

By the way, great set ideas!

Edited by Richie

Your wasting your time guys, its to late, the report has already been made and I believe that its been sent to the Lego company.

It has, but it's never too late. The more people that express an interest within the LEGO community, the better the chances at seeing the theme return. Just look at Pirates for an example. It took many years, but LEGO eventually offered the theme again; short lived, but we saw the theme return. Keep writing those letters, providing LEGO input, and commenting on Western topics. We'll see it.

On a side note, I heard that Playmobil may be returning to the Western line in 2011 with an El Paso theme. I'm not sure if it's true or not, but just as LEGO fans want Wild West again, Playmobil fans do as well. This is one more hope that Western/Wild West is becoming popular again. Let's just hope LEGO jumps on the wagon. :classic:

I would like to see a return to ALL the classic themes.

Lego has rebuilt Castle and Space into powerful brands once again, and it seems that Pirates (while it IS going on Hiatus) is poised to do likewise.

so, yes, I would LOVE to see the Western theme return. I missed out on the first run, because I felt I was 'too old for legos' at the time.

how wrong I was.

I got only one set from the old line so I would definately like to see a new one, I love collecting from different themes!

I loved these sets, they were some of my favorite memories! you can count on my signature! *signed*

I gladly sign. I'm sure if LEGO picked up this line again, they could really blow us all away. When the original line first came out, I remember being totally excited for the sets and couldn't wait to get Bandit's Secret Hideout for my birthday. Maybe this time LEGO would be brave enough to make a saloon? :classic:

I've been in my dark ages during the western and pirates period, and as soon as I've been able to get back to the lego world I started to look for those sets.

When the new pirates came back to life, I bought all sets at once and if lego will make a new western collection, I'll do the same! No chance for me to get the old pirates at a reasonable price though, but hopefully I had a wonderful chance with most of the western sets!

sign me in (twice)!!!