Ngoc Nguyen

42171 Mercedes-AMG F1 W14 E Performance

LEGO-Technic-42171-Mercedes-AMG-F1-W14-E

Pieces: 1642

Price: 219.99$

Available: March 1st

Hotel: Trivago

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

For me this picture is a bit disadvantageous, but I really like the new slick tires and the black panels. At least the red axles should have been black, too. I don't even know what's going on at TLG...

Edited by Jockos

6 minutes ago, Jockos said:

For me this picture is a bit disadvantageous, but I really like the new slick tires and the black panels. At least the red axles should have been black, too. I don't even know what's going on at TLG...

Yeah, not once have I accidentally put a 2L black pin inside of a 2L thin liftarm.

Not once. Only 2L axles in red/black.

Edited by SNIPE

Difficult to see but do we know what generation of car it’s based off? Could it be the “no side pod” car? Also totally agreed with black 2L axles being available (I’m currently building the Space shuttle) why didn’t they use them here

3 minutes ago, Seasider said:

Difficult to see but do we know what generation of car it’s based off? Could it be the “no side pod” car? Also totally agreed with black 2L axles being available (I’m currently building the Space shuttle) why didn’t they use them here

I assume it's the no sidepod version. And it might be similarly designed like the McLaren (last year's colours, new year's body)?

I will hold my judgement until proper pictures are published, but based on what I’m seeing here, I’m not very impressed. The slicks are nice though.

Before judgement, I would rather wait for additional (side, rear...) images. Functionality is suppose the same as on McLaren ... If it would be cheaper yhen it would be great panel/parts pack. Hope it is at least reasonable successor of silver champion model

Tire is interesting but other thing is not. Can't expect more than 10 gears and on that picture don't have interesing parts.

Edited by msk6003

3 minutes ago, onzenuub said:

Pitty, should have been a Red Bull F1 car.

Mercedes has prebably less stickers than Red Bull

So, from the image it looks like the W14 (sidepods).

The good:

Finally slick tires

Accuracy: Sidepods, wings and suspension (pushrods in the front, pullrods in the back) seem like the prototype

HOG

The Bad: 

Front and rear tires seem to have same width

Wings above front wheels still solid mounted / don't move with the front hubs

I would say it's an improvement from the bodge job McLaren (that was a 2022 car with 2021 livery which never existed). Yet the CaDa Alfa Romeo Sauber has the wider rear tires and used more system bricks. Will be interesting how Lego implements the wheelcovers.

Edited by Bensch55

15 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

Curious about where all the parts go for a skinny F1 Car. The 42141 has only 1400 parts, this one has 1200 more

That must be a typo, it has only 1642 pieces.

47 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

Curious about where all the parts go for a skinny F1 Car. The 42141 has only 1400 parts, this one has 1200 more

it has 208 more lol

Yeah, finally slicks but still half-hearted by making them the same width front and back. And I bet that neither tires nor rims will be printed like CaDA's Alfa Romeo F1 car.

13 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

Yeah, finally slicks but still half-hearted by making them the same width front and back. And I bet that neither tires nor rims will be printed like CaDA's Alfa Romeo F1 car.

They'd go great on oil exploration equipment and fuel trucks, though.

On 1/21/2024 at 10:32 AM, Maaboo the Witch said:

They'd go great on oil exploration equipment and fuel trucks, though.

Or as tires for a drag car, maybe.

Full pics are out courtesy of BrickTastic: https://www.bricktastic.net/lego/lego-technic-42171-mercedes-amg-f1-w14-e-performance/

But what's with the big hump on the nose in front of the driver? It looks like the car has been driven into a wall and crumpled up. Also, no tire printing but lots of stickers.

LEGO-Technic-42171-Mercedes-AMG-F1-W14-E-Performance-13.jpeg

Real Car for comparison:

1024px-FIA_F1_Austria_2023_Nr._44_(2).jpg

Edited by BrickMonkeyMOCs