MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

What is the likelihood that the Death Star playset is actually the Death Star 2 and is based on the battlefront 2 map? I think that it would be really cool and have good imperial base and army building applications. Plus with the tantive hallway being modular it would be easy to continue that theme with the battlefront map.

It could include: a gunning station, a hangar control centre, an armoury, a small potion of a hangar (that can be completed by buying 2 of the set), multiple control consoles and some sliding doors.

Edited by CloneCommando99

8 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

What is the likelihood that the Death Star playset is actually the Death Star 2 and is based on the battlefront 2 map? I think that it would be really cool and have good imperial base and army building applications. Plus with the tantive hallway being modular it would be easy to continue that theme with the battlefront map.

It could include: a gunning station, a hangar control centre, an armoury, a small potion of a hangar (that can be completed by buying 2 of the set), multiple control consoles and some sliding doors.

Pretty darn low, man.

I know we've had a bit of battlefront 2 coverage before, but they were battle packs. This is the largest non-UCS set of the year. They have done obscure ones before (Justifier), but a $150-200 set on a 7 year old game doesn't feel like it'll do well, especially when all figs but Cal would then have to be grunts (and we know lego seems a lot more hesitant with location/playsets than ships). Not to mention that even the map itself had to use rooms pretty clearly from the first death star.

It's not impossible, especially for this wave, but it still feels exceedingly unlikely. It'll almost certainly be based on the films.

On 2/5/2024 at 11:51 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

This was confirmed by every leaker under the sun. It's coming :laugh:

Those are great news!

On 2/5/2024 at 11:55 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

It's just as real as all the other leaked sets, which is to say- unless a number of these major sources have suddenly been fed false info, which is exceedingly unlikely to hit all of them- it's real.

The real question is who the other two figures are- given that we've got Dark Rey, White Vader, "evil" chewie and 3po, the final two figures- one of whom is a gungan wearing blue- seem really interesting. I'm still coping hard for Starkiller, who we almost certainly won't get, but you know.

If they are able to throw in the four minifigs that are rumored, any other one could also fit in there. That's getting more interesting! Definitely a day one buy

Edited by dvogon

5 hours ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

Apparently the death star isnt a conference room but instead similar to the MBS cloud city for $140 according to the usual place 

what do you mean usual place

Edited by Minishark2000

8 hours ago, Minishark2000 said:

what do you mean usual place

They mean #legoleaks on Instagram, or at that is what I currently think of as the usual place for these sorts of things.

That is great that the door is a print and not a sticker in the Tantive.  Pretty cool, and looks like a great platform to mod from vs. the play design where they go end to end.

17 hours ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

Apparently the death star isnt a conference room but instead similar to the MBS cloud city for $140 according to the usual place 

I saw this leak. Most of the senior admin guys on the sites which it is on are saying it’s fake and just a suggestion that some people took the wrong way. 

I’m still wondering what the figure combination is going to be. For the Death Star set that is. Even without Cal Kestis (my favourite Disney era jedi) it would still be a definite purchase for me. I’m hoping for one named and one generic officer with the rest being generic imperial troops. (navy, stormtroopers, and crewmen)

Edited by CloneCommando99

On 1/30/2024 at 8:00 PM, Pedilego said:

This is an excellent point. I don't have much more to add but I do want to acknowledge it since we don't have an upvote system & this certainly merits it.

Thanks, really appreciate it!

Given the supposed size of the Death Star set, it being like a ‘mini-MBS’ wouldn’t be surprising at all. Give me a well designed playset with cool features and some verticality to it and I’ll be happy. I can see it being one of the best sets this year even if the minifigure lineup beyond Cal won’t be terribly interesting.

Seeing the reviews. Boarding the Tantive IV is a flawless set, I can’t believe how well executed it is! The Invisible Hand is out there too now, nice little touch to have a nanobuild MTT and two studs representing the Eta-2s in the hangar area, no doubt we’ll get some cool 20th anniversary RotS sets next year.

Yeah that Tanitive IV set is perfect and a great choice for the anniversary too. It looks like you can combine two sets without having to modify them. 

7 hours ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

So it seems the tantive hallway connects in such a way that the second hallway has its back facing you. 

Yeah, they have improved from Dark Troopers set, which was quite good and still could be find at a discount in Europe

5 hours ago, Lordhelmet said:

That is great that the door is a print and not a sticker in the Tantive.  Pretty cool, and looks like a great platform to mod from vs. the play design where they go end to end.

It's surprising Lego haven't done this scene before, being so iconic. The execution is really good with a great selection of minifigs and appealing for playing and for mods.

3 hours ago, Tariq j said:

Yeah that Tanitive IV set is perfect and a great choice for the anniversary too. It looks like you can combine two sets without having to modify them. 

Indeed, this is a great medium-sized set with nice number of minifigs for playing and for collectors. The anniversary minifig is a fantastic bonus as well. Two sets is I guess the sweet spot to recreate the scene for most uses (playing/mods) and to save a copy of the special characters from children's hands ;)

Edited by dvogon

4 hours ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

Two sets linked together won’t look good on display but it gives kids some extra options for play, which is nice

Yeah, and I suppose they know most older collectors are just going to build their second copy backwards or something, so that both walls are on the same side, but they probably don't want to advertise that since it might be too tricky for younger children. Having them marketed as linkable in the way that they are (walls opposite, sort of ugly) is probably just a compromise so that the technic pins serve a function for kids, while also hinting to adults that you're encouraged to buy multiple.

Your idea for a Death Star 2 LEGO set based on the Battlefront 2 map sounds incredibly cool! Imagine all the intricate details and possibilities for play and display. The modular Tantive hallway and various themed sections like the gunning station and hangar control center would make for an immersive building experience.By the way, if you're into LEGO and also enjoy some outdoor fun, you might want to check out this article on why the best Super Soaker water gun is a summer must-have at https://nerfinfo.com/why-the-best-super-soaker-water-gun-is-a-summer-must-have. It's a refreshing read that adds a fun twist to your LEGO discussions!

Edited by KennTober

30 minutes ago, KennTober said:

Your idea for a Death Star 2 LEGO set based on the Battlefront 2 map sounds incredibly cool! Imagine all the intricate details and possibilities for play and display. The modular Tantive hallway and various themed sections like the gunning station and hangar control center would make for an immersive building experience.

Exactly, thank you. I would love most of the figures to be imperial troopers with a Tarkin or Moff Jerjerrod thrown into the mix. Just build wise it would both look cool for collectors and would make an absolutely fantastic playset for kids. Plus it would enable the play-set to double as an imperial base.

30 minutes ago, CloneCommando99 said:

Just build wise it would both look cool for collectors and would make an absolutely fantastic playset for kids. Plus it would enable the play-set to double as an imperial base.

As a present teenager, I have wanted some variety of base (ideally Imperial, Republic, or Rebel) since I was perhaps 7. Yavin IV finally fulfilled that dream, and it looks like this Death Star will do so yet again. I would bet a good bit hat lots of kids feel the same way, so I reckon any set within this vein would be an amazing playset.

9 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

Exactly, thank you. I would love most of the figures to be imperial troopers with a Tarkin or Moff Jerjerrod thrown into the mix. Just build wise it would both look cool for collectors and would make an absolutely fantastic playset for kids. Plus it would enable the play-set to double as an imperial base.

I don't mean to keep harping on this idea, but iin what scenario does the set include tarkin but it's based on battlefront 2? A significant amount of the BF2 map is rooms from the DS1 anyway, so at that point why even make it the death star 2 instead of the much more iconic DS1.

Hopefully we find out the May 4TH promo soon.  Would be nice to know planning wise what it will be to see if I want to spend the money in May or wait till good discounts later in the year from retailers.  I am assuming it will be a good one considering it's the 25th anniversary.  I am also curious to see if it is episode 1 themed.  Maybe a Shmi Skywalker at a table (would be funny)?  Also hoping the smaller GWP is not a coin this year, would be really nice to have one celebrate 25 years of lego Star Wars and one celebrate episode 1.  

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't mean to keep harping on this idea, but iin what scenario does the set include tarkin but it's based on battlefront 2? A significant amount of the BF2 map is rooms from the DS1 anyway, so at that point why even make it the death star 2 instead of the much more iconic DS1.

All the other Death Star sets have been based off both death stars. I’m just thinking that some parts of the battlefront map would be pretty cool such (such as the gunning station, hangar control centre and armoury) It would also mean a possible greater variety of stormtroopers and differently ranked officers. I understand your gripes with my idea. But at the end of the day I’m only stating my hopes and no-one else’s.

2 hours ago, Lordhelmet said:

Hopefully we find out the May 4TH promo soon.  Would be nice to know planning wise what it will be to see if I want to spend the money in May or wait till good discounts later in the year from retailers.  I am assuming it will be a good one considering it's the 25th anniversary.  I am also curious to see if it is episode 1 themed.  Maybe a Shmi Skywalker at a table (would be funny)?  Also hoping the smaller GWP is not a coin this year, would be really nice to have one celebrate 25 years of lego Star Wars and one celebrate episode 1.  

Yes, I really liked the Death Star 2 build last year so it would be nice to get something like that for Episode 1 and then something else for the anniversary. I wonder if we might a tiny section depicting the Duel of the Fates maybe? Or a micro podracing diorama?

On 2/9/2024 at 7:53 AM, Tariq j said:

Yes, I really liked the Death Star 2 build last year so it would be nice to get something like that for Episode 1 and then something else for the anniversary. I wonder if we might a tiny section depicting the Duel of the Fates maybe? Or a micro podracing diorama?

Surely it's a Lucrehulk in the same scale as the Death Star 2 :excited:

4 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

Surely it's a Lucrehulk in the same scale as the Death Star 2 :excited:

That would be a good one. Could even include a micro Naboo star fighter too.

The Empire magazine have just released some editions celebrating the prequels and I wonder if one of the May 4th items could be recreation of the poster with Anakin is standing in front Vader’s shadow or something like that.

So the Acolyte is supposedly locked in to release this summer. I’m sure there’ll be a Lego set or two to coincide with it?

Jedi Vector please!

13 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

Jedi Vector please!

While the show is still set during the High Republic, it's towards the era's end, so are Vectors still around by then? If so, that'd be a great set idea! Really cool design :thumbup: