MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

22 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The fact that people are crapping on the Fives figure but praising Jedi Bob’s Starfighter and Venomized Millennium Falcon being a thing truly baffles me

100% agree. The fives isn’t perfect but it’s far from the worst minifigure of the past 5 years heck it’s not even the worst clone (P2 Fox was far worse)

If that Fives is legit, then I think it looks on par for what we have come to expect from LEGO Star Wars in recent years. Not perfect but pretty decent.

I'm not going to lie, an $80 confrence room for the Death Star set sounds utterly atrocious. I can't think of a more boring, uninteresting Death Star setting that they could have possibly come up with, and for that price? Forget it. Looks like I'm bricklinking Cal if this is true and that's all the set is. A $30-$40 diorama set with all of the main Imperial officers and Darth Vader would have been fine but it's double that price and doesn't contain even half of the characters that were actuall in that scene. That's a giant nope.

Wow. Well a lot of new information since the last time I was on the forum. 

I am for sure interested in the following: 

Jedi Bob Starfighter
UCS Tie Interceptor
Droideka

Tentatively interested in: 

Death Star 
Sith Inflitrator (never had one, despite starting in 1999) 
Escape from the Sarlacc - this depends on the Sail Barge. Which based on what I have read, 2 display figures, is not trending well 
Tantive IV hallway, for Fives and I like the scene. 
All of the midis....why stop collecting now? 
Podrace...very strong maybe on this one.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the Greekbricks conference room rumor has been posted, debunked, then posted again, and we're still in the "not yet debunked" phase for the second time.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The fact that people are crapping on the Fives figure but praising Jedi Bob’s Starfighter and Venomized Millennium Falcon being a thing truly baffles me. It’s also just funny to watch MandR cry about the dumbest things.

It's almost insane how much he complains now, it's such a negative vibe I can't imagine holding in that anger so much for something your career is based on. And then he wonders why he doesn't get invited to LEGO things, like dude who would want to hang out with someone who constantly shits on you.

Edited by Modal

28 minutes ago, Modal said:

It's almost insane how much he complains now, it's such a negative vibe I can't imagine holding in that anger so much for something your career is based on. And then he wonders why he doesn't get invited to LEGO things, like dude who would want to hang out with someone who constantly shits on you.

MandR I think goes overboard with some things. But he’s completely right about the lack of waist capes. What the lego designers claimed about not giving P2 Rex a waist cape doesn’t even make sense since they said it was for “consistency” yet the 2020 212th Airborne Trooper had a cloth waist cape. Also some of the details being wrong (like Fox’s armor having too much white printing and fives helmet printing be off) are inexcusable especially since the 2014-2021 clones didn’t have these issues.

Im really glad y’all can find enjoyement in the new fives figure, I on the other hand CANT get passed the helmet and the legs (not the issue is not the printed Kamma I just find the legs really weird) I dunno it’s a 5/10 Minifig for me the helmet is just… yikes

Tbh I like Mandr for his video quality and how he's able to review obscure and older sets, something that most other youtubers don't do. Yeah he whines but I mean no one is perfect and I just tune it out. The helmet holes I don't have much of an issue with although I do understand and think it needs improvement. Personally I think the older p2 helmets were better, the attachment customization thing was never something I did much anyways since I try to stay purist and keep figs like how they came in sets. Waistcapes yeah I do think that actually is an issue, considering their really weak excuses on why it's not included (other themes currently have waistcapes, there is zero excuse about it impacting playability). Print details idc much although I really like star wars, for me, if the fig looks cool that's all that matters, Lego is an interpretation of the source material not a direct representation. 

I think Fives is fine btw, cool fig. My main issue with the new phase 2 is the grey "shadows" on the helmet cheeks and that I think they should have made the fig art style to match movies rather than a mix of movie/animated

Edited by Minishark2000

10 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Maybe we are being recruited with our boy Kino Loy. 

Never more than 12...

9 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

It's been too long since we used tags and flags regularly so I assigned some. The Death Star icon is for those who've been active with the Star Wars forum and helping to post content in the News thread.

Ah, thank you! 

7 hours ago, Duke27 said:

Just a guess

Ok. I am pretty confident that's a cloth piece- look at the thinness of it. If it was plastic, they would likely also have made it fold over the sides like the old plastic pauldron.

4 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I suspect that it will fold when a neck bracket is placed over it. 

What is the rumour specifically? I have not seen anything about a buildable multi-eyed creature. 

On the back, yeah, but the front is the issue. Sort of like the kenobi figure from the scythe. Not a big deal, but a little annoying.

2 hours ago, CallumPears said:

Snowtroopers, Hoth Rebels and The Bad Batch would disagree

To be fair, though we didn't like them, there were reasons for these. Snowtroopers needed to fit in the AT-AT seats, the hoth troops are lazy carryovers from their loss of backpacks due to how they were set up in the action battle sets, IIRC, and the bad batch needed to fit in their shuttle (and since the pilot seat had more room, Tech got his backpack. Now that said, these aren't great reasons, but there's still some sort of logic there. Fives has nothing to fit into or sit on, so he should have one.

46 minutes ago, Modal said:

I don't know how much of it is legit and how much is amped up for views, but yeah. I want to be careful because even though he's made himself a public personality, he does read the forum, but he definitely complains about a lot of things that really don't warrant that level of anger. I understand wanting to improve issues, but things like the helmet holes are a non-issue.

Okay, just to be clear — greekbricks_ is not a reliable source.

He just reposts leaks from other people, and has no sources of his own. As people have pointed out, he did post fake leaks before.

The only thing we know about the Cal Kestis set is the fact that it's an 80€ Death Star playset. That's it.

Could it be a conference room without a single named officer? Yeah, but we'll have to wait for someone reliable to confirm it.

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

He just reposts leaks from other people, and has no sources of his own. As people have pointed out, he did post fake leaks before.

The only thing we know about the Cal Kestis set is the fact that it's an 80€ Death Star playset. That's it.

Could it be a conference room without a single named officer? Yeah, but we'll have to wait for someone reliable to confirm it.

Greekbricks was the only one to ever report on the Fighter Tank with 187th troopers.

4 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

Greekbricks was the only one to ever report on the Fighter Tank with 187th troopers.

This is true. BUT he has had a sketchy record since. I certainly wouldn’t be relying on Greekbricks. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

5 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

He has gotten way more wrong than right though, so there's no reason to take his news as fact unless it's corroborated by another more reliable source

Ninja'd

Edited by Brickwraith

In terms of Fives, it’s an average figure. 

I think it’s time most of us accept in principle the sets sound good, but in practice they fall short. It will really help manage expectations, atleast it has for me over the last few years. 

Very rarely are we getting the best version possible of that particular set or figure. 

It’s a shame, but it’s reality. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

Follow up, I also think LifeBricks has a fairly sketchy record as a leaker (I cannot think of any specific examples, can anyone else confirm?), so I don't know how much we should be trusting the buildable creature with more than two eyes as a reliable rumor or take it as fact.

11 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Follow up, I also think LifeBricks has a fairly sketchy record as a leaker (I cannot think of any specific examples, can anyone else confirm?), so I don't know how much we should be trusting the buildable creature with more than two eyes as a reliable rumor or take it as fact.

Lifebricks probably wouldn’t have explicitly said something if he wasn’t sure it was happening. I agree, sketchy but he doesn’t usually go into specifics all that much if he’s unsure. 

31 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

A broken clock is right twice a day 

also you know when we were all guessing who that anniversary figure who would drive a Honda civic and beat this person in a fight. So now we know most the sets/figures who actually was the figure they were hinting at? Was it Jedi Bob?

Edited by Llewop

14 minutes ago, Llewop said:

also you know when we were all guessing who that anniversary figure who would drive a Honda civic and beat this person in a fight. So now we know most the sets/figures who actually was the figure they were hinting at? Was it Jedi Bob?

I thought it was Young Leia. 

21 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Lifebricks probably wouldn’t have explicitly said something if he wasn’t sure it was happening. I agree, sketchy but he doesn’t usually go into specifics all that much if he’s unsure. 

He also said he heard the sail barge is on the cheaper side which would conflict with the initial leak of it being $600 and 60 cm long (which sounds absurd). I do think making it twice as long as the playsets is more than enough to capture the necessary detail while also not being so big that the interior is only structural support

5 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

I thought it was Young Leia. 

I’m not sure those clues were so vague and confusing would be nice to know who it actually was they were teasing, now that we have more info 

4 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Makes me feel worse, it's way less funny now

Agreed 

2 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Death Star 
Sith Inflitrator (never had one, despite starting in 1999) 

Hey I started in 1999 too! Not collecting though, existing.

On 1/12/2024 at 12:44 AM, PGBQW said:

That's not a nice thing to say about him!

Sorry, how could I?!

I meant to call him the 'the w**re Darth Vader' not 'the w**re Dark Vader' ( as you've probably deduced the word I was aiming for was White).

Edit: I've censored the obscenity as I noticed the mods had edited my old post.

On 1/11/2024 at 11:26 PM, FoggyFate said:

Still a few sets left ;)

I'm hoping this mean Acolyte sets are on the table soon, I'm getting real into the high republic and am ready to see this stuff. Hell even if the show is awful( which I don't expect it to be) I might still want these sets.

On the topic of the high republic, I guess getting Cal does possibly rule out my hoped for High republic Jedi, Dagan Gera. It would've been cool to see him for a lot of reasons, including his missing arm.

On 1/12/2024 at 12:53 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

It's blue, is this some sort of Balance Jar Jar? Senate Guard Jar Jar? 

I did a little research and there is a Gungan in-universe called Blue, it's definitely not him though, he's too obscure.

On 1/12/2024 at 7:36 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Am I the only one to think this is genuinely one of the best Star Wars wave ever?

It really could be, but I can't be confident in saying that till we can see it, even more than usual with how hard it is to comprehend how some of this stuff is gone look.

19 hours ago, FoggyFate said:

Primarily white with red accents 

That's a bit of a shame, I was hoping for a kinda out-there colour scheme, I guess it could still be the new orangey red, that'd be cool.

75387: Tantive IV Hallway. Minifigs: Darth Vader, 2x stormtroopers, Captain Antilles, 2x Rebel fleet troopers, & ARC trooper Fives

ARC trooper Fives, was bever on Tantive IV.

75394: Death Star. Minifigs: Darth Vader, 2x stormtrooper, Death Star Trooper, Imperial Officer, Cal Kestis (Jedi: Fallen Order)

Hmm? Death Star, Darth Vader and Cal Kestis. Cal was never on a Death Star, but did visit Ilum.

Could ARC trooper Fives and Cal Kestis, be anniversary bonuses for both sets? Or what is going on?

21 minutes ago, Shiva said:

75387: Tantive IV Hallway. Minifigs: Darth Vader, 2x stormtroopers, Captain Antilles, 2x Rebel fleet troopers, & ARC trooper Fives

ARC trooper Fives, was bever on Tantive IV.

75394: Death Star. Minifigs: Darth Vader, 2x stormtrooper, Death Star Trooper, Imperial Officer, Cal Kestis (Jedi: Fallen Order)

Hmm? Death Star, Darth Vader and Cal Kestis. Cal was never on a Death Star, but did visit Ilum.

Could ARC trooper Fives and Cal Kestis, be anniversary bonuses for both sets? Or what is going on?

That’s exactly what it is. They’re just anniversary bonus figures

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yup. Especially since it's got Cal, I think it's much more likely we'll see him, Vader, and at least two of Tarkin/Motti/Tagge/etc, alongside 1-2 generic troopers.

3 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Yeah. This might just be my inclination against being a fan of his due to his MandR style internet personality, but I think he does tend to be sketchy with info.

2 hours ago, Llewop said:

I’m not sure those clues were so vague and confusing would be nice to know who it actually was they were teasing, now that we have more info 

Falconfan has said it was young leia, which fits a majority of the clues, even if that whole situation was pretty messy.

56 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Yeah, we've known about the special anniversary figures for some time now. 

(also important to note that I don't think we have the actual figure list for the death star confirmed besides Cal)

Honestly, given a lot of leakers' track records lately, if it isn't Falconfan, Landino, stonewars (I'm pretty sure the only thing they've gotten majorly wrong was the Indy 5 set numbers, and it's still unclear if that was their bad info or something was cancelled), Renown, Foggyfate, jdubbs (though I don't really know if I've seen him posting leak info lately), or some of the other proven EB folks, I feel like you have to take it with a grain of salt.  I know I'm missing a few others, but a lot of the major names being thrown around in the last few pages are all over the place in terms of their leak credibility and it's probably not worth even getting upset over the supposed letdowns of these leaks until we have info from more proven people.

There's been a lot of "and this set possibly has this" or extremely random clues (like, even if it is true, where the heck does the "more than two eyes" thing even come from?  Is that a leaker intentionally being cryptic, or is that actually the best that a source can do on what something is?) that seem more like CYA than actual leaks, so I'd just stay with the people that are definitely trusted.  And I think there's a difference between Renown or whomever being cryptic and someone with a sketchy track record being cryptic because they don't actually know but want to seem legitimate.

Edited by Kit Figsto