MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Droid carrier looks a lot better than I thought, pretty sizable and with 8 droids. I am not sure if the pilots have tan chest printing? I can't tell from the pic. Also the image has a background of naboo, I hope they give a proper background for the box, not the tiresome adult black box

I like the droid carrier! looks like a remake of 7126 rather than a new version of the in universe ship

Droid carrier looks fine- I agree with @ForgedInLego that it seems like a 7126 remake, which might help put away the "it doesn't make sense as an anniversary set" complaints. (Which I really never got. Would you have preferred the death star GWP?)

TIE interceptor also looks fine for what it is, and I like this pattern of the may polybag being a small version of the UCS. Hoping this continues in future years.

For a GWP the Battle Droid Carrier turned out better than expected. Its not the troop carrier that the 2015 set was but its a nice remake of the original set.

I'm very happy with that droid carrier, it looks much better than I expected and I love the use of some newer curved elements. It's also bigger than I was expecting too. I'm getting the buildable R2 for my wife and the Sith Infiltrator for me so this is going to be an easy clear of that $160 threshold to get it.

The only thing with the droid carrier is it could have been a perfect battle pack as a normal set rather than being tied in as a gwp. 

I still don’t know if it’s worth spending the amount to get in may. Might just see what kind of prices it goes for on eBay/bricklink and wait for other LSW sets to go on sale 

UCS Tie Interceptor leaked. It looks really good and has an excellent rounded design.

However I am disappointed with only 1 Tie Pilot figure and a mouse droid. I feel like they could have included an imperial officer (like Moff Jerjerrod) or, unlikely but I would have loved it, the Second Sister.

22 minutes ago, CloneCommando99 said:

UCS Tie Interceptor leaked. It looks really good and has an excellent rounded design.

Massive upgrade from the UCS TIE Fighter with the cockpit, thats for sure. I never buy these non-minifigure scale UCS sets but it’s always fun admiring them from afar. Agree that Second Sister would be cool but I’d rather just get a system set of her TIE Interceptor.

The Droid Carrier looks really cool but I think I’ll pass ordering anything for May 4th, it just doesn’t strike me as that desirable. I wish they’d redo the B1 mould after 25 years though, they feel so spindly. 

It looks like the TIE pilot has arm printing which is nice. The MSE droid being included is funny to me. Overall, if you squint, it looks very bice but that center section of the cockpit feels a bit jumbled and just... weird. They did a good job making it noce and round on the sides but I feel like the front could have been handled more cleanly. Regardless, it's definitely a steep asking price and certainly not something I'm going to pick up, as much as I like the TIE Interceptor as a ship.

The droid carrier GWP looks good. While brown is not the most accurate colour (tan/dark tan would be closer to its on-screen depiction), it is a nice homage to the original set. Also, the pilot droids seem to have printed bodies! 
Do we know the threshold yet? 

New interceptor looks great, cockpit and pylons are a nice improvement over the 75095 TIE. Will pass on it myself though as I've already got a 75095 based interceptor.

The cockpit on the UCS Interceptor is a thing of beauty :wub: Love how they accomplished the roundness! And the droid carrier is an awesome GWP

On 4/14/2024 at 11:29 AM, Kaijumeister said:

I definitely think we’ll see a heavier emphasis on RotS sets next year than we saw for TPM this year, simply because there are a ton of vehicles like the ARC-170 and Turbo Tank that have been widely desired for ages.

I think TPM has a lot of desirable and missing things, but unfortunately (depends who you ask) it's a victim of LEGO's preference to celebrate their own anniversary instead that falls on the same year which prevents any kind of real or heavy emphasis on it while other movies like RotS do not have that. Excited to see what they have in store for RotS, if anything for it.

Droid GWP is a great set, but a bad GWP. Should have been in a battle pack or a smaller set as so many droid army builders waited for something like this and got a crappy battle pack mix for double the price instead. Didn't really see people interact about it in a larger scale apart of a few instagram post comments I saw, but people seems to be split on it and I can understand both sides of the argument. Don't think I will be going for it as I only need the Kelleran set. I could technically get the red gunship I am missing or AT-TE, but I am kinda thinking of going for an older sith infiltrator instead.

Tie looks nice, but I am not interested in a non-minifigure scale UCS set unless it's a playset or figures are worth it and this pilot can recoup me just around $40-$50 when it retires.  
Polybag looks really cool though.

Hot take - I actually think I like the cockpit of 75095 better than the Interceptor. The shape of the Interceptor cockpit is fine, but it's jumbled and there are some strange gaps directly surrounding the windshield. 75095 is blocky but it just flows better visually in my opinion.

Interceptor looks great overall and I'll be picking it up day one, hopefully in time to snag what looks like a really good GWP in the droid carrier.

44 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Hot take - I actually think I like the cockpit of 75095 better than the Interceptor. The shape of the Interceptor cockpit is fine, but it's jumbled and there are some strange gaps directly surrounding the windshield. 75095 is blocky but it just flows better visually in my opinion.

Interceptor looks great overall and I'll be picking it up day one, hopefully in time to snag what looks like a really good GWP in the droid carrier.

Full agree with you on that.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

The MSE droid being included is funny to me.

The mouse droid in the UCS set is one of the funniest things lego's ever done and I fully support it. An officer would have been nice, but this is one of the best 'guys, it's a UCS set, it's not about the figures" things I've ever seen. I won't be buying the interceptor, as good as it looks- I don't have the space- but I will 100% be bricklinking the parts for a couple of these mouse droids.

2 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

Droid GWP is a great set, but a bad GWP. 

It's a GWP because it appears to be based on the original droid carrier set from 1999 rather than strictly the in-universe vehicle.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

It's crazy to me to see the value discrepancy between a lot of the new 18+ sets and something like the BrickHeadz.

$55 for the TPM 6-pack gets you 732 pieces and 6 exclusive prints, but they refuse to do new prints (aside from the name plate) for the $50 Invisible Hand that's arguably even smaller at 557 pieces?

The $10 Commander Cody has THREE unique prints, but we're expected to deal with stickers for the Droideka, the Mos Espa diorama, and even the UCS Interceptor?

The black box tax is real :laugh_hard:

The official pictures for the TIE Interceptor on lego.com look good.
I especially like the cockpit interior.

Official pics for the droid carrier look great. It's a shame it isn't a regular set available for retail. Eight droids is a nice battle pack. 

When's the last time we got a blue torso for a battle droid before this set? 

Posted (edited)

The black hair for Queen Amidala is a weird choice, but the Phantom Menace brickheads look great. (I guess they didn’t feel like making the moulds for the hair in dark brown?)

6 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Official pics for the droid carrier look great. It's a shame it isn't a regular set available for retail. Eight droids is a nice battle pack. 

When's the last time we got a blue torso for a battle droid before this set? 

The last time we got a pilot B1 was in January 2015 with the last Battle Droid Troop Carrier and the Vulture Droid micro fighter. Crazy to think it’s been 9 years since we got anything other than the unmarked B1s from the prequels. The only other variant we’ve gotten is the Kashyyyk/Rugosa variant over that time. 
Edit: Other than getting R0-GR in 2016 & 2017.

Edited by QuiggoldsPegLeg

49 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It's a GWP because it appears to be based on the original droid carrier set from 1999 rather than strictly the in-universe vehicle.

If it's a battle pack I don't think many people would mind, add a OOM commander and a STAP inside and you are good with a similar part count as the 501st set from 2020. Would rather have this build than the AT-ST sized AT-RTs. 
There are also no rules on strick in-universe vehicles anymore with mechs, dark Falcon and jedi bob whatever ship.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SketchBrick said:

It's crazy to me to see the value discrepancy between a lot of the new 18+ sets and something like the BrickHeadz.

$55 for the TPM 6-pack gets you 732 pieces and 6 exclusive prints, but they refuse to do new prints (aside from the name plate) for the $50 Invisible Hand that's arguably even smaller at 557 pieces?

The $10 Commander Cody has THREE unique prints, but we're expected to deal with stickers for the Droideka, the Mos Espa diorama, and even the UCS Interceptor?

The black box tax is real :laugh_hard:

I dunno if you noticed, but those are all brickheadz sets- sets that have lots of basic bricks, and are a subline that's always been print-only, like the 4+ sets.

25 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

If it's a battle pack I don't think many people would mind, add a OOM commander and a STAP inside and you are good with a similar part count as the 501st set from 2020. Would rather have this build than the AT-ST sized AT-RTs. 
There are also no rules on strick in-universe vehicles anymore with mechs, dark Falcon and jedi bob whatever ship.

I still don't see people liking a GWP makes it a bad GWP. If it's liked and something not strictly a standard set, why is that bad? This feels to me like people have to find something to complain about no matter what.

Also- and this is a complete side note- we've had non-in-universe vehicles for forever- it didn't start with the mechs. Jek-14's jedi scout fighter comes to mind.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Didn't realize they dropped the price $10 down to $229.99! Don't know if that was rumored I just assumed it would fill the $240 May UCS price point. 

That Interceptor looks brilliant. That droid carrier is really nice too. I must admit although I’ve enjoyed some of the microscale stuff we’ve been getting for May 4th, I wouldn’t mind seeing more promos like this in the future.