MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I still am sketch on this whole "multiple eyes" thing given LifeBricks's record. I get it's the only piece of info we know, but I don't think we should be basing all of our speculation on it. 

6 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

I am sure it is not the 50-eyed space kraken Summa-verminoth from SOLO :laugh:

How is it possible people know that it is a creature with multiple eyes but anything else about the creature is unknown?

I honestly would love that more than most of the other suggestions- that was such a wild and cool part of the movie. I liked solo, but it played it pretty safe, and that moment where it went NUTS was crazy.

If it's not just nonsense, my guess is the part list leaked, sort of like last year's september sets. It would explain why the only things we know are the figure and # of eyes- which could easily be the only printed elements, and therefore the easiest thing to discern when looking at the part list.

2 hours ago, Brickroll said:

I still am sketch on this whole "multiple eyes" thing given LifeBricks's record. I get it's the only piece of info we know, but I don't think we should be basing all of our speculation on it. 

I've been trying not to get my dislike for Lifebrick's business model/internet personality in the way of the info, but I think I'm overcorrecting- realistically I think he's had one thing that panned out.

4 hours ago, Hulk_Smash said:

How many eyes does the Zillo Beast have?

Two, unfortunately. 

3 hours ago, Brickroll said:

I still am sketch on this whole "multiple eyes" thing given LifeBricks's record. 

That was from LifeBricks? Ugh. 😑

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I've been trying not to get my dislike for Lifebrick's business model/internet personality in the way of the info, but I think I'm overcorrecting- realistically I think he's had one thing that panned out.

Yeah after he spent several videos last year spreading a post from a eurobricks troll as a real "rumour" (the swamp speeder having Rex and B2s iirc), I stopped listening to him entirely.

Could it be the Summa-vermouth from Solo? The thing that tried to devour the Falcon.

11 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

How is it possible people know that it is a creature with multiple eyes but anything else about the creature is unknown?

My assumption is that people either saw the leaked set, a prototype of some sorts or a picture and couldn't identify the creature so they just told us the only thing they found interesting about it.

With so many shows coming this year it could be something we never even saw. I can totally see the bad batch going on some pointless mission/chore where they encounter the creature. 

'Boarding the Tantive IV' box picture on Reddit. Looks like a beefier version of the Dark Trooper attack, with what appear to be some triggers for play features (or maybe parts to connect multiple sets?) in the floor. 

Picture is a bit blurry so can't tell whether Vader has the correct torso yet. 

6 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

It was? Well then that bit of „information“ can be safely ignored :laugh_hard: 

18 minutes ago, CallumPears said:

'Boarding the Tantive IV' box picture on Reddit.

Love the anniversary boxart!! :wub: 

The box-art is truly stunning. 

Set looks fine; I was never going to purchase it. 

Looks a lot smaller than the rumoured piece count, I must admit. 

Great figure selection, though. Looks even better with the set. 

7 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Looks a lot smaller than the rumoured piece count, I must admit. 

Yeah I think it's due to the walls being a couple of studs thick (vs Dark Trooper Attack which used panel pieces) and having a lot of greebles. Adds to the part count, and the price, but doesn't give much more to the perceived play value of the set. 

Don’t know if it’s just me does the clone trooper look like he’s got a backpack? Don’t know if it was confirmed or not. 

I will pick this up don’t know whether I want to wait for May the 4th promo though 

the fleet troopers have got printing of the chin strap on the head don’t know if the old ones had that but at least I’ll have enough fleet troopers for my Yavin yet

Edited by Llewop

That set looks good, simple but what we expected. I'm guessing some of the piece count will probably go to some kind of exploding door feature as well. 

I like the set :wub: Definitely getting two!

I also spot some useful bricks that i don't have to order now :laugh:

Yeah, the set looks great. Exactly what I expected from it.

Surprised we've never got a playset based on literally the first scene of the whole franchise until now.

40 minutes ago, Llewop said:

Don’t know if it’s just me does the clone trooper look like he’s got a backpack? Don’t know if it was confirmed or not. 

I think Fives has a backpack as if you look closely there’s a black outline trailing his back.

8 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Two, unfortunately. 

I mean two eyes is multiple eyes, yes more than two was implied but it could be trolling. So I don't think we should be too quick to discount two eyed creatures, especially because people are calling into question the validity of the source.

The Taintive IV hallway scene looks excellent. A little pricey in my opinion but it makes for such an excellent display piece with some decent figures and of course Fives puts it over the top. I really like this style of hallway fight scene. It'll look great displayed next to the Luke vs Dark Trooper scene. If only we could get something like this for Marvel featuring Daredevil. Sadly, LEGO would consider that too violent.

Edited by ToaDraco

10 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

A little pricey in my opinion

The price per piece for the Tantive IV hallway set is almost 11c per piece. So it's not a cheap set. But actually i am okay with the price because we get 7 minifigs.

I am so happy we finaly got a picture of the set and i can't wait to get the set. Actually i want to get two and connect them as it is planned?! I only build half of the sets i buy, the rest will just be parted out. But this one i'll build for sure!

Just now, Yperio_Bricks said:

The price per piece for the Tantive IV hallway set is almost 11c per piece. So it's not a cheap set. But actually i am okay with the price because we get 7 minifigs.

I am so happy we finaly got a picture of the set and i can't wait to get the set. Actually i want to get two and connect them as it is planned?! I only build half of the sets i buy, the rest will just be parted out. But this one i'll build for sure!

Sorry, by pricey I mean it easily could have been shrunk down to a $40 set and didn't need to be quite as big as it is 

Wonder how long it’ll be until someone will turn this set in to a Rogue One moc. 

I like this set, it’s so bright considering most Star Wars sets are very grey 

I’ve seen it on a retail website but I think you can’t get any detailed pictures so o think someone’s has jumped the gun but I expect we’ll be getting an official picturessoon 

Edited by Llewop

I am so glad that captain Antilles is included! I must acquire this set just for that. But it looks like they didn't give Darth Vader a new, more accurate torso printing! I am universally disappointed.

Set actually looks clean, great piece usage to capture details instead of relying on stickers like the disappointing dark trooper hallway did. 

13 minutes ago, Max_Lego said:

I am so glad that captain Antilles is included! I must acquire this set just for that. But it looks like they didn't give Darth Vader a new, more accurate torso printing! I am universally disappointed.

Very disappointing. They’ll give Boba the same treatment this year in the Sarlacc set, he’s still wearing ESB armor. Lego keeps dropping the ball on these.