Sign in to follow this  
soccerkid6

Book III - Challenge 11: Trading Posts - Winners Announced!

In this period of relative peace and stability, commerce in the guilds is flourishing! From massive cities to remote settlements, caravans and shipping routes bustle with goods from every guild.

Build a trading post where your guild's unique wares can be bought and sold.

It should be clear which guild your trading post is located in and there are no size restrictions.

General Rules:

- Anyone can enter this challenge, even brand new members.

- Entries must be new models not previously displayed

- Post your finished MOC(s) as a new topic in the GoH sub forum following this title format. GoH 11: (title of your MOC)  

- Deadline is January 7th 2024. New Deadline is end of day February 1st 2024. Countdown timer available here.

- Winners will be decided by the GoH community (vote where only guild members can participate)

1st Place Prize:

LEGO-Ideas-21343-Viking-Village-Box-Fron

2nd Place Prize:

40657-1.png

Bonus prize (decided by random draw, every participant is eligible, will be selected by random number generator):

PXL_20231031_134908736.jpg

Feel free to ask any questions you have here :dsweet:

Edited by soccerkid6

Nice to see a new contest here too!I hope we’ll have some minifig contest too in the future. But marketplace are crowdy so we’ll see a bunch of amazing GoH figs for sure!

Great news! I’m happy to see a Challenge of the classic GoH kind, where one can focus on the unique character of a guild 🥰

Yeah, love the challenge! I just vame home from the bricking bavaria and was wondering what I build next… then I saw this challenge and I‘m looking forward to build something for it. Thanks for organizing!

Great news and awesome prizes! :wub:

Is it allowed to make a combined entry to this challenge, Brickscalibur and/or the CCC?

Is it allowed to make a combined entry to this challenge, Brickscalibur and/or the CCC?

On 11/1/2023 at 7:35 PM, jtooker said:

What a welcome surprise!    Thanks for all your work in the castle community, soccerkid6!

I had the good fortune of meeting a bunch of fellow guild members at Skaerbaek this year, and discussion there got the wheels spinning for a new GoH challenge.
And then the generosity and input of other GoH organizers led to the prompt and prizes you see here :excited:

On 11/1/2023 at 8:31 PM, mrcp6d said:

Another challenge!  Woohoo!  :excited:

Yes, am  anticipating plenty of great GoH models in the next few months!

On 11/1/2023 at 11:31 PM, T-86(swe) said:

Hazaaah! How wonderful with a new GoH-challenge! 

Glad to hear you're excited!

On 11/1/2023 at 11:32 PM, Sympatik Brick said:

Nice to see a new contest here too!I hope we’ll have some minifig contest too in the future. But marketplace are crowdy so we’ll see a bunch of amazing GoH figs for sure!

Yeah, the minifigure series challenges are always fun too :thumbup:

On 11/2/2023 at 3:56 PM, Gideon said:

Great news! I’m happy to see a Challenge of the classic GoH kind, where one can focus on the unique character of a guild 🥰

And thank you for your nudging to get something going again :wink:

On 11/6/2023 at 6:59 AM, Simon_S said:

Yeah, love the challenge! I just vame home from the bricking bavaria and was wondering what I build next… then I saw this challenge and I‘m looking forward to build something for it. Thanks for organizing!

Great timing! Can't wait to see what you come up with :grin:

15 minutes ago, Aurore said:

Absolutely!

On 11/7/2023 at 5:12 PM, soccerkid6 said:

I had the good fortune of meeting a bunch of fellow guild members at Skaerbaek this year, and discussion there got the wheels spinning for a new GoH challenge.

It was great to meet you again there :classic:

This type of challenge is exactly in line with the discussions I participated in there :thumbup:

(Now I just need to decide if I’m going to build something small and hope to finish it in time, or give the harbor of Barqa a chance…?)

5 hours ago, Gideon said:

It was great to meet you again there :classic:

This type of challenge is exactly in line with the discussions I participated in there :thumbup:

(Now I just need to decide if I’m going to build something small and hope to finish it in time, or give the harbor of Barqa a chance…?)

Go for the harbor Jonas, goooooo!! 😃

Hi! I've been lurking on this forum for quite some time now, appreciating and taking inspiration from all of the amazing builds here!

I've become more and more interested in participating in Guilds of Historia (even if I'm an incredibly slow builder, so not sure how often I'd be able to post), and this new challenge might be the perfect time to jump in! 

I noticed it needs to be clear 'which guild' the trading post is part of. Can I jump in with a creation of mine at random or do I need to sign up first, or do anything else?

Thank you!

5 hours ago, Velnerius said:

I noticed it needs to be clear 'which guild' the trading post is part of. Can I jump in with a creation of mine at random or do I need to sign up first, or do anything else?

You'll need to sign up for one of the guilds (which means creating a minifigure as your main story character and posting him in the right guild thread), and then you'll be all set to participate in this challenge!  Then you can build a trading post in your guild, following your guild's special characteristics.

I think (?) that you can build a trading post in any guild, not just the one you join, though the wording of the challenge is a bit ambiguous.  But who would want to build a trading post in any guild except their own, anyways? :laugh:

4 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

You'll need to sign up for one of the guilds (which means creating a minifigure as your main story character and posting him in the right guild thread), and then you'll be all set to participate in this challenge!  Then you can build a trading post in your guild, following your guild's special characteristics.

I think (?) that you can build a trading post in any guild, not just the one you join, though the wording of the challenge is a bit ambiguous.  But who would want to build a trading post in any guild except their own, anyways? :laugh:

Maybe they would use the trading post as a front for spying on other guilds.:wink:

On 11/14/2023 at 11:05 PM, Kai NRG said:

Thank you for the clarification! As I've read a little more into the various guilds, I'm leaning to joining one (I'll keep it as a surprise which one!), but have one more question; most of my collection of minifigs, and therefore banners and heraldry stems from the early days of the Fantasy Era. Therefore, my preferred colors would be dark blue and gold, using my small collection of crownie knights as my guards, but they seem to not be used in any of the guilds. Are they welcome to join any, and if so, which?

Crowns have traditionally been (if I recall!) the symbol of Cedrica, the capital of the guilds and thus not part of any guild at all.  You might be able to do something fun with that, like say your character originally lived in the capital but moved because xyz.

But there are no restrictions on using various sigils across the guilds--what we have are just more like guidelines, and sigils that have not been assigned to a guild are free game for placement anywhere.  I would think crownies would fit best with the look of Kaliphlin, but then, I am slightly biased. :laugh:

On 11/21/2023 at 10:18 PM, Umbra-Manis said:

A challenge! (Now I just need someone to slap me so I stop only building sci-fi and get back into the Guilds :pir-laugh:)

*vainly searches for a slap emoji:laugh:  Get back to building man!  (Medieval obviously, I mean - what other kind of building is there worth mentioning?) :tongue:

On 11/23/2023 at 1:14 PM, Garmadon said:

*vainly searches for a slap emoji:laugh:  Get back to building man!  (Medieval obviously, I mean - what other kind of building is there worth mentioning?) :tongue:

*hiding in a corner, clutching windscreens & spacesuits* My precious! 

On 11/12/2023 at 10:22 PM, T-86(swe) said:

Go for the harbor Jonas, goooooo!! 😃

Things have been a bit crazy on both the work side and family side until Christmas unfortunately, so I've not had any opportunity to start a build yet. Still planning to make an entry however (I have another 130 hours or so to go :laugh:), but it will rather be a part of the harbor than the full harbor of Barqa this time.

(I've never been one to ask for deadline extensions, so I won't start now.... but I would appreciate one very much :laugh_hard:)

On 1/2/2024 at 3:15 PM, Gideon said:

Things have been a bit crazy on both the work side and family side until Christmas unfortunately, so I've not had any opportunity to start a build yet. Still planning to make an entry however (I have another 130 hours or so to go :laugh:), but it will rather be a part of the harbor than the full harbor of Barqa this time.

(I've never been one to ask for deadline extensions, so I won't start now.... but I would appreciate one very much :laugh_hard:)

I won't lie. I'm glad that I'm not the only one!  I have an idea and have been collecting bits and pieces for the build, but have not yet brought it all together.  Of course, we are in the process of moving again (hopefully this is it!), so I've been a little busy!  But, fingers crossed, I should have a dedicated build space soon! :wub:

Thanks for the extension, this will allow me time to put together something a little nicer!

On 1/4/2024 at 5:26 PM, soccerkid6 said:

New deadline is end of day February 1st 2024!
Countdown timer here.

Make the most of the extra time and get to building :excited:

YISSSS!!!

I was hoping for that! Thank you! :D

Had a really busy Nov-Dec, almost gave up this challenge.