Hello Speed Champions and City fans,

It was my entry to Bricklink Designer Program Series 3 and 4. It has received many kind comments and support, but unfortunately it has not been selected, therefore I decided to make the instructions available here:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-177592/_TLG_/school-bus

I always loved American style school buses, therefore I decided to design one to Bricklink Designer Program Series 3. It is not actually based on a real one, but it contains many typical details: the black bumper rails and STOP arms on the sides, the crossing arm, the side and rear doors, the rearview and crossover mirrors, the mudguards, the warning lights etc.. The roof assembly can be removed as one piece and in this case the internal details are visible: there is a driver seat with steering wheel, dashboard, gear shift, passenger seats and even a fire extinguisher.

It is 8 studs wide, studless build in minifigure scale and fits perfectly to Speed Champions cars or to a LEGO City. There are many working details: the front and rear doors, the STOP arms, the crossing arm and windshield wipers. I wanted to create a clean build and tried to fill every unnecessary gaps and hide unnecessary studs, therefore some tricky, but legal build techniques are used.

The set includes three minifigures: a driver, a school girl with a pen and backpack and a school boy with a brick built backpack. The model has space for 17 minifigures: one driver and 16 passengers. If the passengers are kids with short, rigid legs, then they can stand on the seats.

The building instructions guidelines have been followed. It is built from the palette "BDP Series 3", so there are some color and part restrictions. The color "Bright Light Orange" would be a bit more authentic, but the available parts are restricted, therefore I decided to use "Yellow" and I am satisfied with the result. The STOP sign is very rare part and it is not available in this palette, therefore it is replaced by a simple, white, circular sign with a sticker. The door 43967 is also not available in yellow, therefore it is replaced by a brick built one, however, in this case I was able to add some extra details: a black door handle, bottom window and red lights.

I hope you like my design, I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks for visiting,
_TLG_

53247308967_4f982ac99b_c.jpgSchool Bus - Bricklink Designer Program 3 - 01 by László Torma, on Flickr

53248187261_6b0ae00ef6_c.jpgSchool Bus - Bricklink Designer Program 3 - 02 by László Torma, on Flickr

53247308862_d847a4da80_c.jpgSchool Bus - Bricklink Designer Program 3 - 03 by László Torma, on Flickr

53247308747_591e843479_c.jpgSchool Bus - Bricklink Designer Program 3 - 04 by László Torma, on Flickr

53248684405_2e54bfe507_c.jpgSchool Bus - Bricklink Designer Program 3 - 05 by László Torma, on Flickr

53248482803_64fe1b9713_c.jpgSchool Bus - Bricklink Designer Program 3 - 06 by László Torma, on Flickr

53248482713_3920a86163_c.jpgSchool Bus - Bricklink Designer Program 3 - 07 by László Torma, on Flickr

53248482583_952beecac9_c.jpgSchool Bus - Bricklink Designer Program 3 - 08 by László Torma, on Flickr

53248546174_c527a17530_c.jpgSchool Bus - Bricklink Designer Program 3 - 09 by László Torma, on Flickr

53248545959_93b2208c4f_c.jpgSchool Bus - Bricklink Designer Program 3 - 10 by László Torma, on Flickr

Edited by _TLG_
Link modified

I say it fits more into Speed Champions as it is an 8-stud with vehicle. I love how you did the doors too! Sorta reminds me of a Ford B-Series with a Thomas bus body. 

Edited by The Brick Boss

8 hours ago, The Brick Boss said:

I say it fits more into Speed Champions as it is an 8-stud with vehicle. I love how you did the doors too! Sorta reminds me of a Ford B-Series with a Thomas bus body

Thanks a lot! Yes, I agree it fits more into Speed Champions. (However, some new city cars are 6 studs wide and a bus is usually wider than cars :) )

Well done. The details are great and make it look like the busses in America. As mentioned, it really does fit the Speed Champion size.

I think that bus would be more fitting for modular building! You did a fantastic job wih school bus. :)

On 10/12/2023 at 5:34 PM, Feuer Zug said:

Well done. The details are great and make it look like the busses in America. As mentioned, it really does fit the Speed Champion size.

Thanks a lot!

8 hours ago, Lion King said:

I think that bus would be more fitting for modular building! You did a fantastic job wih school bus. :)

Thanks a lot! Yes, I agree it fits to modular buildings, because a bus is wider than a car, so if a Speed Champions car is 8 studs wide, then the bus width should be appr. 10 studs wide. Nowdays more City cars are 6 studs wide, so the width ratio is better in this case.

Only a half day left:

Vote until October 20th at noon Pacific, if you want to support it!

Your school bus is just great! It looks very realistic and detailed. Voted for you on the website :pir-love:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Really enjoy using different assembly techniques and colors and putting together various instructions. But there's often not enough time. There are so many assignments that it's overwhelming! Sometimes I just think can I pay someone to do my assignment? After a bit of searching, I tried https://edubirdie.com/do-my-assignment with experts in various fields. It's very convenient and saves me time. This way, I can dedicate more time to my hobby.

Edited by EmHolloway