After buying Eldorado Fortress, and not having bought Barracuda Bay when it came out, my brother and I thought about making a pirate build to go up against Eldorado Fortress. After looking at the classic pirates hideouts and forts, we decided upon Rock Island Refuge. So we bought the Redbeard and crewmates from Barracuda Bay off of bricklink, and started building.:pir-huzzah1:

53123737769_123eb468d2_c.jpg

53122978422_4312049137_c.jpg

Similar to Eldorado fortress, Rock island refuge can take its classic form or turn into an elongated shape, perfect for displaying.:pir-classic:

53124022173_e3b4bff3a4_c.jpg

53123536386_7ed3e8b530_c.jpg

The fortress has a full interior including a kitchen, desk for Redbeard/mapping area, a treasure stash hidden under a trapdoor, an armory, sleeping quarters and a prison cell, which can be broken open using a lever.:pir-triumph:

53124020168_904ed96dcd_c.jpg

53123738029_5e89253dca_c.jpg

53123737889_a27878754e_c.jpg

53122934517_8483192aa4_c.jpg

53124020303_a6a9e7006f_c.jpg

53123737899_c297b2dc0a_c.jpg

53124020393_6538496814_c.jpg

53124020358_e61a37d3de_c.jpg

53123580661_62b9b44eea_z.jpg

Outside there is also multiple docks with a cannon, a crane, two ratlines on the sides and two rope bridges.:cannon:

53123536471_eae86be6a3_c.jpg

53124020228_f528a9ba13_c.jpg

53123938750_9f351d272d_c.jpg

53124020498_d5ff0f3551_c.jpg

53123738054_9f9c7245c5_c.jpg

There are also 2 watercrafts, a raft and a small bluecoat rowboat

53124915461_830e4d106e_c.jpg

53125120594_37325b18c1_c.jpg

Overall, we love the final product, and hope you do too:pir-love::pir-huzzah2:

Edited by CollinsAnimationStudio

6 minutes ago, CollinsAnimationStudio said:

After buying Eldorado Fortress, and not having bought Barracuda Bay when it came out, my brother and I thought about making a pirate build to go up against Eldorado Fortress. After looking at the classic pirates hideouts and forts, we decided upon Rock Island Refuge. So we bought the Redbeard and crewmates from Barracuda Bay off of bricklink, and started building.:pir-huzzah1:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53123737769_123eb468d2_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53122978422_4312049137_c.jpg

Similar to Eldorado fortress, Rock island refuge can take its classic form or turn into an elongated shape, perfect for displaying.:pir-classic:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53124022173_e3b4bff3a4_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53123536386_7ed3e8b530_c.jpg

The fortress has a full interior including a kitchen, desk for Redbeard/mapping area, a treasure stash hidden under a trapdoor, an armory, sleeping quarters and a prison cell, which can be broken open using a lever.:pir-triumph:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53124020168_904ed96dcd_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53123738029_5e89253dca_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53123737889_a27878754e_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53122934517_8483192aa4_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53124020303_a6a9e7006f_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53123737899_c297b2dc0a_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53124020393_6538496814_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53124020358_e61a37d3de_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53123580661_62b9b44eea_z.jpg

Outside there is also multiple docks with a cannon, a crane, two ratlines on the sides and two rope bridges.:cannon:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53123536471_eae86be6a3_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53124020228_f528a9ba13_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53123938750_9f351d272d_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53124020498_d5ff0f3551_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53123738054_9f9c7245c5_c.jpg

Overall, we love the final product, and hope you do too:pir-love::pir-huzzah2:

Welcome to Eurobricks! This looks really neat, but it took a few extra steps for me to see your images!

It would help if you edited your post to embed some of your images or turn some of them into hyperlinks so others didn't have to copy and paste the addresses into their browser to see them. Eurobricks has a helpful guide to embedding images for new users here:

EDIT: It looks like, by quoting your post, the forum software automatically turned the addresses into your quote into hyperlinks! No idea why it didn't automatically do that for you—but it would still help to edit your own post to embed at least one image of your MOC in the post so people can see it without having to visit a separate site, and turn the rest of the addresses into hyperlinks so that people can access the rest more easily!

Edited by Lyichir

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

Welcome to Eurobricks! This looks really neat, but it took a few extra steps for me to see your images!

It would help if you edited your post to embed some of your images or turn some of them into hyperlinks so others didn't have to copy and paste the addresses into their browser to see them. Eurobricks has a helpful guide to embedding images for new users here:

EDIT: It looks like, by quoting your post, the forum software automatically turned the addresses into your quote into hyperlinks! No idea why it didn't automatically do that for you—but it would still help to edit your own post to embed at least one image of your MOC in the post so people can see it without having to visit a separate site, and turn the rest of the addresses into hyperlinks so that people can access the rest more easily!

Thank you for your help! they're fully imbedded now

Oh this is great. I love in particular the mechanism that springs the jail cell. Is that your own invention?

This looks near finished on your end, so I won't suggest too much of an overhaul. One thing that sticks out to me is your change of colour for the various bridges. Going from brown to black has led to a lot of black all together in the upper building, particularly in the box image (not an issue in the detail shots at all). I wonder if there is some way to break that up, maybe like the grey bricks do in the lower half? Maybe some colour in the bridge?

Maybe it's just a case of a higher resolution photo or better lighting.

22 minutes ago, Yoggington said:

Oh this is great. I love in particular the mechanism that springs the jail cell. Is that your own invention?

This looks near finished on your end, so I won't suggest too much of an overhaul. One thing that sticks out to me is your change of colour for the various bridges. Going from brown to black has led to a lot of black all together in the upper building, particularly in the box image (not an issue in the detail shots at all). I wonder if there is some way to break that up, maybe like the grey bricks do in the lower half? Maybe some colour in the bridge?

Maybe it's just a case of a higher resolution photo or better lighting.

Thank you very much! The door mechanism is our own invention that we made for this model, it became one of our favourite features. The bridge ended up being black because we worried about the brittleness of the brown droid arms, as well as pieces not being available in the correct colours.

Thanks for your feedback!

Finally someone did a remake of this awesome set! And what a remake it is! It looks absolutely gorgeous and I absolutely love all the small details of this build. The one grudge I hold against the remake of Eldorado is not having a brown pier. Also your remake, though very true to the original, misses some more brown. I'd do most of the wood - the pier, the crane, planks and the bridges in brown and leave the fort black. And the other thing I think could be enhanced a bit is the rockwork. I have no particular suggestions in mind, I just think you tried to recreate the color scheme of the old baseplate too much and now the rockwork misses some life ...

Otherwise an awesome entry, great job!

1 hour ago, MstrOfPppts said:

Finally someone did a remake of this awesome set! And what a remake it is! It looks absolutely gorgeous and I absolutely love all the small details of this build. The one grudge I hold against the remake of Eldorado is not having a brown pier. Also your remake, though very true to the original, misses some more brown. I'd do most of the wood - the pier, the crane, planks and the bridges in brown and leave the fort black. And the other thing I think could be enhanced a bit is the rockwork. I have no particular suggestions in mind, I just think you tried to recreate the color scheme of the old baseplate too much and now the rockwork misses some life ...

Otherwise an awesome entry, great job!

Thank you for your feedback! We personally prefer the black docks because it makes a more accurate remake, but the reason the bridge was not brown was that some of the pieces have not been made in reddish brown for this design.

The rock work is a bit dull, but we wanted to stay within the old baseplates size, and also the colours

Now that's some build! Am i wrong or does it look much bigger than the original? Tried to compare both, and they seem to have the same size, but there's something about Your approach that make it look more massive. Maybe it's the color i don't know. The color seems to be a problem in both versions actually. In my oppinion at least. Although i have a huge sentiment towards the classic set, and Yours is a remarkable redesign, i must say it also looked depressing. Most of the pirate sets were quite colorful, had a lot of charm, and fun in them. This one always seemed darky, and it retained that character in Your version. So i guess i should to congratulate You for doing a good work ;)

Tho, wether this kind of set would be made part of a special collection for older fans or would be released for kids withing the regular line, i believe it should be more a bit more appealing. Like the Eldorado, made me wanna scream "mom, buy it for me! i wanna play it now!" again. This one doesn't give me that feeling, even tho it used to be quite important for me. 

But then again i'd also point out, that those lighter, brown elements, like hanging walkways did a lot of good for the overall look of the classic one. And although i like the way You did Yours, i think that You might have overblacked Your remake with those choices ;) It's just too dark for my taste. And the red boat in the original was a nice contrast to the island's leading color scheme too, while Your are also a bit darky, or dull, and byt that i mean that i don't realy like that new raft ;) It's bulky and perhaps too wooden. Our friends did a lot of fine rafts in their entries, so i'd take a close look at their work to strenghten Your craft by simple changes.

Perhaps You could give it a nice red striped sail actually? Id's say it would be a big game changer. 

So, adding color here and there is the most important goal to make it more attractive in my humble opinion. Note that Your netting that allows to climb up to the top of the structure is quite dull as well. And that raft needs to be reworked. 

Still i do believe a lot of folks would have a lot of fun with Your version. And You did deliver an outstanding piece of Lego heritage. That counts. And with great box and nice playfeatures. That armory an the twin bed alone are those simple elements that make it a lot more attractive for me.  

2 hours ago, Mazin said:

Now that's some build! Am i wrong or does it look much bigger than the original? Tried to compare both, and they seem to have the same size, but there's something about Your approach that make it look more massive. Maybe it's the color i don't know. The color seems to be a problem in both versions actually. In my oppinion at least. Although i have a huge sentiment towards the classic set, and Yours is a remarkable redesign, i must say it also looked depressing. Most of the pirate sets were quite colorful, had a lot of charm, and fun in them. This one always seemed darky, and it retained that character in Your version. So i guess i should to congratulate You for doing a good work ;)

Tho, wether this kind of set would be made part of a special collection for older fans or would be released for kids withing the regular line, i believe it should be more a bit more appealing. Like the Eldorado, made me wanna scream "mom, buy it for me! i wanna play it now!" again. This one doesn't give me that feeling, even tho it used to be quite important for me. 

But then again i'd also point out, that those lighter, brown elements, like hanging walkways did a lot of good for the overall look of the classic one. And although i like the way You did Yours, i think that You might have overblacked Your remake with those choices ;) It's just too dark for my taste. And the red boat in the original was a nice contrast to the island's leading color scheme too, while Your are also a bit darky, or dull, and byt that i mean that i don't realy like that new raft ;) It's bulky and perhaps too wooden. Our friends did a lot of fine rafts in their entries, so i'd take a close look at their work to strenghten Your craft by simple changes.

Perhaps You could give it a nice red striped sail actually? Id's say it would be a big game changer. 

So, adding color here and there is the most important goal to make it more attractive in my humble opinion. Note that Your netting that allows to climb up to the top of the structure is quite dull as well. And that raft needs to be reworked. 

Still i do believe a lot of folks would have a lot of fun with Your version. And You did deliver an outstanding piece of Lego heritage. That counts. And with great box and nice playfeatures. That armory an the twin bed alone are those simple elements that make it a lot more attractive for me.  

Hey! Thanks for your feedback, it is indeed the same size as the original, maybe slightly taller though. We do agree it is quite a dark build but as we stated before we didn’t have the necessary pieces to build the bridges in brown as some of the pieces haven’t even been released yet. The green rock also does nicely breaking up the dark colours. It also looks much brighter in person than the camera can show. We have never owned a red boat, and we agree it would be replaced for the dark blue but shipping for boats is quite expensive.

On the note of the raft, we prefer a wooden look, since the raft is made of wood and personally prefer it over some of the other rafts I have seen. We also tried to at least resemble the previous raft which had white sails and a brown/black colour scheme.

The ratlines were a feature of the old set that we wanted to include in our updated version, and we feel that these pieces work well.

1 hour ago, CollinsAnimationStudio said:

We do agree it is quite a dark build but as we stated before we didn’t have the necessary pieces to build the bridges in brown as some of the pieces haven’t even been released yet.

1 hour ago, CollinsAnimationStudio said:

The green rock also does nicely breaking up the dark colours.

There's a simple way to introduce more colours into your build without changing the structure in its core (if you have the pieces or willing to acquire them, ofc): try swapping some of the light bluish gray rocks to dark bluish gray ones, apply various shades of green for rocks and plants as well (also, there are quite a few colours available both for 3260710884 — it's certainly worth giving a go if you have any in your disposal); add any kinds of flowers (yellow & pink ones, etc.); add barnacles, seashells, sit random crabs on top of rocks — all of it will make the scene much more lively; putting some open crates with edibles (like bananas, baguettes, apples, pineapples, etc.) will do nicely too :thumbup:  About the bridges tho: you don't need 'em to be brown, cuz you have your ratlines in dark tan: u can just use 30377 or 2540 (or both even) in dark tan & that'll create a harmonious contrast :pir-thumb:

Very nifty work! I greatly appreciate the amount of thought and attention you put into the interior spaces. The original Rock Island Refuge was already a good starting point for this since it included a cooking hearth (a pretty nifty detail for its time), but you've done a good job furnishing that rooftop area even further with a small dining table and "study" for Redbeard. The bunk beds and armory are also fantastic uses of the "underground" areas of the set!

The greenery covering much of the base definitely helps it feel less like a copy of Eldorado Fortress's foundation, along with the changes to the construction of the cliff face. I love that the green parts on the ramp are even studded, giving them an nice mossy texture that contrasts with the smooth grey stones! The raft is also very nicely adapted, with beautiful use of printed tiles on the front and back — although I think the sail and yard could stand to be at least a BIT more substantial, as they were in the original set, since it feels odd for them to be so much smaller while keeping the rest of the raft around the same size.

It seems like a bit of a missed opportunity that the above-ground space below the big arch is largely unused except for the trapdoor to the underground area (though of course, I know this was also the case with the original set). Perhaps that area could be used for some containers of provisions (like salt-cured meats/fish or citrus fruit), or for an open air "tap-room" with a cask of water and some rum bottles. Adding some furnishings of that sort there could also help brighten it up a little so that the stark black walls feel less overpowering.

You did a lovely job updating the rope bridge, although it might be neat if the planks, at least, were in a contrasting color like in the original set (@F1stzz has made some good suggestions for this). I also kind of feel like it'd be nice if the jail cell's window matched the door color, but I suspect you may have likewise been limited by the parts in your collection here. In any case, if you keep this model together after the contest ends you'll have all the time in the world to make those sorts of small touch-ups!

Although the minifigures use many of the same parts from Barracuda Bay, I love some of the small changes you made, such as given the two mustachioed sailors white pants like the original set, giving Lady Anne a bandana like all of her old-school appearances, and swapping First Mate Rummy and Lieutenant de Martinet for female characters in similar clothing. It seems a shame not to include a shark like in the original set, though!

All in all, though, you did a great job coming up with a modern redesign of a set as ambitious in size and significance as this one — especially within the constraints of both your current collection and the contest deadline! Best of luck in the contest!

2 hours ago, F1stzz said:

There's a simple way to introduce more colours into your build without changing the structure in its core (if you have the pieces or willing to acquire them, ofc): try swapping some of the light bluish gray rocks to dark bluish gray ones, apply various shades of green for rocks and plants as well (also, there are quite a few colours available both for 3260710884 — it's certainly worth giving a go if you have any in your disposal); add any kinds of flowers (yellow & pink ones, etc.); add barnacles, seashells, sit random crabs on top of rocks — all of it will make the scene much more lively; putting some open crates with edibles (like bananas, baguettes, apples, pineapples, etc.) will do nicely too :thumbup:  About the bridges tho: you don't need 'em to be brown, cuz you have your ratlines in dark tan: u can just use 30377 or 2540 (or both even) in dark tan & that'll create a harmonious contrast :pir-thumb:

Thanks for your feedback! We are definitely planning on adding some sea life/more greenery to the build–which we do have available to us, like you mentioned. As well as something on the lower arch like the crates of supplies you mentioned. Your idea with matching the colour of the ratlines will look really nice, if we can find them for a good price on Bricklink we will certainly add those to the build!

39 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

Very nifty work! I greatly appreciate the amount of thought and attention you put into the interior spaces. The original Rock Island Refuge was already a good starting point for this since it included a cooking hearth (a pretty nifty detail for its time), but you've done a good job furnishing that rooftop area even further with a small dining table and "study" for Redbeard. The bunk beds and armory are also fantastic uses of the "underground" areas of the set!

The greenery covering much of the base definitely helps it feel less like a copy of Eldorado Fortress's foundation, along with the changes to the construction of the cliff face. I love that the green parts on the ramp are even studded, giving them an nice mossy texture that contrasts with the smooth grey stones! The raft is also very nicely adapted, with beautiful use of printed tiles on the front and back — although I think the sail and yard could stand to be at least a BIT more substantial, as they were in the original set, since it feels odd for them to be so much smaller while keeping the rest of the raft around the same size.

It seems like a bit of a missed opportunity that the above-ground space below the big arch is largely unused except for the trapdoor to the underground area (though of course, I know this was also the case with the original set). Perhaps that area could be used for some containers of provisions (like salt-cured meats/fish or citrus fruit), or for an open air "tap-room" with a cask of water and some rum bottles. Adding some furnishings of that sort there could also help brighten it up a little so that the stark black walls feel less overpowering.

You did a lovely job updating the rope bridge, although it might be neat if the planks, at least, were in a contrasting color like in the original set (@F1stzz has made some good suggestions for this). I also kind of feel like it'd be nice if the jail cell's window matched the door color, but I suspect you may have likewise been limited by the parts in your collection here. In any case, if you keep this model together after the contest ends you'll have all the time in the world to make those sorts of small touch-ups!

Although the minifigures use many of the same parts from Barracuda Bay, I love some of the small changes you made, such as given the two mustachioed sailors white pants like the original set, giving Lady Anne a bandana like all of her old-school appearances, and swapping First Mate Rummy and Lieutenant de Martinet for female characters in similar clothing. It seems a shame not to include a shark like in the original set, though!

All in all, though, you did a great job coming up with a modern redesign of a set as ambitious in size and significance as this one — especially within the constraints of both your current collection and the contest deadline! Best of luck in the contest!

Thanks so much for your feedback!
We definitely plan to modify our raft to look slightly larger in the sails etc: as we’ve gotten a few comments on it–probably expanding the mast to use part 44676 on the ends. We are planning to add some sort of supplies area under the arch like you suggested :) Definitely taking @F1stzz suggestions into account on the bridge. The jail window and door are indeed different colours, so we might just have to settle for light grey. We are also very happy with the changes to the minifigures. We actually have many sharks but forgot to include one in the final pictures! Best of luck to you too! 

One word:  Wow!

This is simply amazing, an excellent build and a great recreation and modernization of a classic set.  I would like to see a couple more pics of how you build the bridges -- it seems like they could be done with tan (and black ropes) which would add a good amount of contrast to a fairly-black set.  Still, it's not bad at all as it is!

When it's open, what happens to the second rope bridge?

I love all the details -- the sleeping area, the jail cell, the weapons storage, etc.  The build is just so well executed!

I think that it's missing the sail on the Imperial boat and the "torn sail" flag on the pirate raft.  Both were great icons of the original set and could stand to come back.

The minifigures are perfect, you absolutely nailed it with these!

1 hour ago, iragm said:

One word:  Wow!

This is simply amazing, an excellent build and a great recreation and modernization of a classic set.  I would like to see a couple more pics of how you build the bridges -- it seems like they could be done with tan (and black ropes) which would add a good amount of contrast to a fairly-black set.  Still, it's not bad at all as it is!

When it's open, what happens to the second rope bridge?

I love all the details -- the sleeping area, the jail cell, the weapons storage, etc.  The build is just so well executed!

I think that it's missing the sail on the Imperial boat and the "torn sail" flag on the pirate raft.  Both were great icons of the original set and could stand to come back.

The minifigures are perfect, you absolutely nailed it with these!

Thank you for your feedback! The rope bridges are the same as 10236 Ewok Village except fully black. The second rope bridge is attached via 2 clips (as shown below) so it can easily detach from the build. 

We plan on updating the boats after the contest, since we have gotten a lot of helpful comments about them.

The minifigures are also one of our favourite parts, glad you like them too.

53130517404_0df65fc122_c.jpg

Omg this is so epic!!! I’m actually working on the same set for my entry and I hope it turns out as good as yours. I hace made some different design choices with mine so they won’t look identical.

When I first looked at this build, it took me a while to realize that that was a brick built ramp and not the 3D baseplate. Well done.  One question I have is "Why the mix of light grey and black bricks?" The intermixing seems a bit odd to me. Geologically, a small island would have rocks of similar type. If the black is to represent a type of wood, then why intermix wood and stone is such a marbled fashion? I would suggest deciding on what each color represents so the build is consistent with matching color with represented building material. 

2 hours ago, CaptainDarkNStormy said:

Omg this is so epic!!! I’m actually working on the same set for my entry and I hope it turns out as good as yours. I hace made some different design choices with mine so they won’t look identical.

Thank you!:pir-huzzah2:

1 hour ago, durazno33 said:

When I first looked at this build, it took me a while to realize that that was a brick built ramp and not the 3D baseplate. Well done.  One question I have is "Why the mix of light grey and black bricks?" The intermixing seems a bit odd to me. Geologically, a small island would have rocks of similar type. If the black is to represent a type of wood, then why intermix wood and stone is such a marbled fashion? I would suggest deciding on what each color represents so the build is consistent with matching color with represented building material. 

Thanks for your feedback!

A lot of your comments can be answered by simply saying, this is a recreation of the old set, so we tried to keep the colour scheme and features as similar as possible. The light grey and black is a mixture seen before on the set and many other older sets from the castle line etc. The black docks are another thing that is seen in the older set and others.

For some reason I can’t attach a image of the original set, but if you’d like: you can see the original set on Bricklink here:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=6273-1#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

On 8/18/2023 at 7:47 AM, CollinsAnimationStudio said:

53123737769_123eb468d2_c.jpg53122978422_4312049137_c.jpg

Nice work mocking up some box artwork!  :pir-huzzah2:

Are ye a graphic designer by trade?

I love this, my only concern is the lack of color, but on further review, the original had a little amount of color too, but I would still add some yellow or red to the build. Other than this I would make the watercraft larger or about the same size as the original instead of smaller, and for under the arch I would add a table or a fire for the pirates to eat/cook. Anyway, you could add some sand, but I don't think this is necessary, so happy building :) 

2 hours ago, CollinsAnimationStudio said:

Thank you very much! I’m not a graphic designer, but it is a hobby of mine to draw and design

Well, you are very good at it, for a second I thought it was a real set until I saw the Eldarado minifigs in the second picture :pir-wink:

26 minutes ago, Rogue Redcoat said:

I love this, my only concern is the lack of color, but on further review, the original had a little amount of color too, but I would still add some yellow or red to the build. Other than this I would make the watercraft larger or about the same size as the original instead of smaller, and for under the arch I would add a table or a fire for the pirates to eat/cook. Anyway, you could add some sand, but I don't think this is necessary, so happy building :) 

Thanks for your feedback! We plan to do some updates similar to what you’ve said. We plan on updating the boats as well as adding a storage area under the arch. There is also already a kitchenish area on the second floor :)

Good eye there, I didn’t even notice the minifigures! :pir-laugh:

I followed your link, and after I saw the thumbnail I had to see your project! 

This is fantastic and captures the fun of the original release. You and your brother captured the feel with the colors and maintain the iconic aspects of the original and at the same time added more play features. 

The set looks really fun to play with and I think that is also the result of your collaborative process with your brother. I think that also the best value of this project is the collaborative play. :pir-huzzah2:

13 hours ago, Rui Miguel said:

I followed your link, and after I saw the thumbnail I had to see your project! 

This is fantastic and captures the fun of the original release. You and your brother captured the feel with the colors and maintain the iconic aspects of the original and at the same time added more play features. 

The set looks really fun to play with and I think that is also the result of your collaborative process with your brother. I think that also the best value of this project is the collaborative play. :pir-huzzah2:

Thank you! Having two people working really made this possible.

This is beautiful! Like Poetry! it rhymes!

That aside, the only similarity to the El Dorado Fortress Remake is the substitution of the Raised Baseplate, and that's trivial a critique, because while it borrows that element, it's an amazing revision/reimagining of Rock Island Refuge! I'm also split down the middle on whether or not this needs more color or not; because the original had a limited palette... I'd say... remake the pirates Bunks or cots with a pair of 2X10 Red Plates, Because the Pirates' Main antagonists at the time were the Bluecoat soldiers, and Red just feels like an appropriate, opposite color.