Guess this lends credence to the set list.

Incidentally, I dreamed the other night that the Heavy Duty Bulldozer is lime with a red blade. If that turns out to be true, I'm gonna be pretty freaked out. emot-psyduck.gif

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Looks like The Lego Company is joining TC25 too, even though quite belatedly.

Because the Polybag for Technic 2024 is 30682 NASA Mars Rover Perseverance.

In polybag size, I think we only get one arm movement left/right.

Mentioning polybags: Such a micro-TC would be so cool. It must happening completely unexpected, though only 2 weeks of time, not 2 months :D

4 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Guess this lends credence to the set list.

Incidentally, I dreamed the other night that the Heavy Duty Bulldozer is lime with a red blade. If that turns out to be true, I'm gonna be pretty freaked out. emot-psyduck.gif

I dreamt there was orange rubber tyres! Probably cos of the orange rubber pieces in the Yamaha.

7 hours ago, Jundis said:

Mentioning polybags: Such a micro-TC would be so cool. It must happening completely unexpected, though only 2 weeks of time, not 2 months :D

Yes, that would be cool! 

If the 1:8 UCS series continues in 2024, I have a feeling and this is pure speculation, that it will be a Aston Martin Valkyrie with many recoloured parts for dark green (earthgreen).

Aston Martin to showcase Valkyrie, Vantage F1 Edition, and AMR21 at ...

Edited by Timorzelorzworz

34 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

If the 1:8 UCS series continues in 2024, I have a feeling and this is pure speculation, that it will be a Aston Martin Valkyrie with many recoloured parts for dark green (earthgreen).

I would be really happy with this choice. If only TLG would give us more colours in Technic line...we lack quite a few. Also, I would imagine the Valkyre in teal instead of dark green, as we had that in 42117.

I don't think TLG will release a new set with a huge amount of new panels in rare color before using the entire existing palette. I would put a more common shade, maybe white Koenigsegg Gemera?

I think the next 1:8 supercar will be a big dark blue Ford. His style is closer to the previous Big Three. Just like a very subtle hint before the big red 2022 Ferrari, the 2021 Ferrari 488 was released.

50 minutes ago, Sokolov Edward said:

I think the next 1:8 supercar will be a big dark blue Ford. His style is closer to the previous Big Three. Just like a very subtle hint before the big red 2022 Ferrari, the 2021 Ferrari 488 was released.

The Ford Gt has been on the market for too long.
Ferrari sp3 unveiled in November 2021, Lego model available mid 2022
Lambo Sian unveiled in Spetember 2019, Lego model available mid 2020.

24 minutes ago, R4ph said:

The Ford Gt has been on the market for too long.
Ferrari sp3 unveiled in November 2021, Lego model available mid 2022
Lambo Sian unveiled in Spetember 2019, Lego model available mid 2020.

In 2023, the new Ford GT Mk IV appeared. Quite an adequate pair to the classic GT at 1:14. And again, the analogy with a pair of Ferrari 488 and Sp3.

2023-ford-gt-mk-iv-1.webp

Edited by Sokolov Edward

We'll see

The Ford you showed is a track only version of the current GT, quite similar. Compared to the 488 GTE and the daytona sp3 which are completely different models
And a ford doesn't feel special enough for a flagship model like that.

A new choice could be Mclaren
Koenigsseg and Pagani had some lego models, but i don't know if they would be popular enough for a flagship model (but people willing to spend this amount of money have a certain interest for cars)

Though it might belong to wishlisting, I still would like to see a bicolored supercar, or with similar colour accents to the Peugeot 9x8. And aside from the gearbox presumably with the new parts, a convertible one would be a novelty. I can't recall a set this type since 2014's 42022 Hot rod.

Don't really care what it is, although a non supercar would be nice (like a dodge ram trex or something), so long as it is a mechanical step up from the Sian/Ferrari, which I guess it will be with the Yamaha gearbox parts.

44 minutes ago, allanp said:

although a non supercar would be nice

Yes! I'd love to see either more modern, "mundane" cars or some classic, older ones. Like the recent 10321 Corvette but in technic supercar format.

With the ever increasing number of supercars without an ICE, the available subjects to choose from will be less and less if these 1:8 scale cars continues using the gearbox parts. Since the previous iterations (except for the Porsche GT3) have been models in the absolute top bracket of the supercar world, my guess this trend will continue. Meaning my vote is for Pagani, Koenigsegg or something in the same realm of exclusivity.

24 minutes ago, Davidz90 said:

some classic, older ones. Like the recent 10321 Corvette but in technic supercar format.

That is not possible with current parts if you don't want to have holes every few studs; just try to think about 1954 Mercedes Benz 300SL (W198) bodywork :wink:

I think last few years we had an aboundance of cars in Technic lineup

I vote to mclaren. Recently TLG did many co-opration with mclaren. (F1, extreme E, FE, senna, 2K drive)

Edited by msk6003

A yellow Corvette C8 Convertable would be my favorite, although it is not a new model... 

16 minutes ago, Oh_Hi_Mao said:

What about Mercedes AMG one? 

CaDA just released a licensed one, I don't think TLG would have the same model. 

17 minutes ago, Oh_Hi_Mao said:

What about Mercedes AMG one? 

It's taken by CADA. For same reason, Rastar take pagani and maserati.

13 hours ago, zoo said:

With the ever increasing number of supercars without an ICE, the available subjects to choose from will be less and less if these 1:8 scale cars continues using the gearbox parts.

I guess they will want to use the newly developed gearbox parts though. I am hoping that the lack of supercars to choose from would mean that they will have to start using them in 1:10 models as well :) Hopefully with the new parts they can fit into smaller models.