5 minutes ago, PlopiNinetySix said:

Just saw Sariel's vid, exciting stuff!

About the space line I hope(d) we would see a worthy successor to the 8480, after all it ain't space without the space shuttle. :wink:

I think we are not that far from it, as we get a rover this summer :blush:

Edited by Jockos

3 hours ago, shroomzofdoom said:

What's going on here? 

There is a QR code which links to a site that doesn’t have exist yet. It could be something AR related like the Mars Rover. Otherwise maybe something to create a “base” of some kind, which you can make bigger and bigger the more sets you have.

Is the secondary color red or orange? It’s difficult to tell.

The long tapered panels in the McLaren look interesting but (without derailing the topic), I’m pretty sure I have seen them or something very similar in competitor brands. 

I like the Kawasaki. Also includes a set of new panels in DBG (the smallest ones).

The VTOL spaceship looks very interesting and I actually like it quite a bit.

Overall I would say it’s a good first impression of what Technic 2024 has to offer. Lots of recolors too which are always welcome.

Edited by LvdH

14 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Is the secondary color red or orange? It’s difficult to tell.

It's the new Reddish Orange introduced for 2024. We saw it first in MK Megapolis Set. The City Space sets will also use those module pieces in that color.

Edited by R0Sch

10 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

It's the new Reddish Orange introduced for 2024. We saw it first in MK Megapolis Set. The City Space sets will also use those module pieces in that color.

That's good to hear, finally a new color! If only the 42056 was in this color...

So many functions in all of the new space sets! Finally something different. And the Kawasaki is quite faithful to the original, great design here. What a promising start!

2 minutes ago, karmadrome said:

So many functions in all of the new space sets! Finally something different. And the Kawasaki is quite faithful to the original, great design here. What a promising start!

Technically, it's a continuation, given that these are the March (Mars?) sets, and we have yet to see the January sets. But yes, there is indeed some improvement on the last few years.

5 minutes ago, Maaboo the Witch said:

...and we have yet to see the January sets.

That's really strange indeed. Can you maybe edit your very first post in this thread to link directly to the now leaked model threads?:-)

(just my ocd kicking in...)

Looks like 2024 City and Technic use same theme. Even both are compatible!

Main hub model will be this leaked city set.

loczz55jc70c1.jpg?width=642&auto=webp&s=

It looks like it’s inspired by the “Endurance” ship from Christopher Nolan’s movie Interstellar. 

But maybe space stations just look like that. I’ve never been on one, so I don’t know :grin: 

It's line-up that makes sense for the Technic team to do, not something that I personally am interested into.

But I do really appreciate the superb box design, we need more of those!

6 hours ago, R0Sch said:

No chance. They won't wash the tires before printing to make the print adhere properly. Changing color is no big deal, just add some pigments to the mix.

Chill out,… he just said “distant future”, not that soon. 

Anyways, I’m excited about Space sets! I never care for Technic myself but these space sets just catch my attention.  I’m sure they will catch kids’ attentions along with City, Icons, Friends and CMF Series will focus on Space too. 

Edited by Lion King

So has anyone started to create a list of new parts / parts in new colours?

I can (obviously) see the new red/orange coloured parts, 2 wheel designs in a light blueish grey (not sure the shade) and it looks like LBG 3x19 frames (on the rover)

22 minutes ago, Seasider said:

So has anyone started to create a list of new parts / parts in new colours?

I can (obviously) see the new red/orange coloured parts, 2 wheel designs in a light blueish grey (not sure the shade) and it looks like LBG 3x19 frames (on the rover)

I was thinking about the tires' color, too. Aren't they the "very light BG" like at Mindstorms NXT and Bionicle's Thok?

1 hour ago, Jockos said:

I was thinking about the tires' color, too. Aren't they the "very light BG" like at Mindstorms NXT and Bionicle's Thok?

No, they are clearly LBG, best seen on 42178.

Edited by R0Sch

10 hours ago, jusvans said:

I think it means a modular connection system between 2 loose objects. At first glance, the holographic orange piece with the 4 technic holes is the new modular connector introduced with the space station set last year?

Interesting. I hadn't really looked at the space sets previously and that 49699 part is new to me! Thanks!

The Kawasaki bike looks nice but apparently is functionally much like the Ducati, which is pretty boring. The McLaren car appears to have the same problem - nothing new functionally, even if it is a pullback with steering.

I love the space sets and the orrery, all of them must be day 1 purchases for me. The packaging design of the space sets make me feel like there's more coming, as they all have the same space logo with brushed steel background. Could of course still be a one-off but one can hope.

9 hours ago, Maaboo the Witch said:

Now bring on the January sets! Still waiting on that bulldozer.

Absolutely, bring on the dozer. And the race buggy. And the other McLaren. And the garbage truck. And the harvester.

7 minutes ago, Outdoors02 said:

Absolutely, bring on the dozer. And the race buggy. And the other McLaren. And the garbage truck. And the harvester.

...and the unknown one.

The Kawasaki looks cool, but I'm mostly plesently surprised by the space sets! I wasn't expecting much, but they look like fun little play things, and they seem to be purposely compatible with the system space sets. Is this the first time sets from two entirely different themes have been designed to be directly compatible and played with together like this? The model of the Sun, Earth and Moon also looks great, I like vehicles but it's nice to get a non vehicle, and it's not covered in panels so you can see the natural beauty of the mechanics in motion. Great stuff! It's only a shame that they didn't recolour the gears and axles to look more pleasing to the eye, maybe like in a pearl gold and black colour scheme with some metallic gunmetal grey thrown in, but apart from that it looks better than expected.

https://www.brickfanatics.com/six-new-lego-technic-2024-sets-revealed

I think this is the first time I will buy LEGO Technic sets:

42178 Surface Space Loader LT78

42180 Mars Crew Exploration Rover

42181 VTOL Heavy Cargo Spaceship 

This is because these Space sets look sci-fi and reminds me about movie, The Martian, Matt Damon alone in Mars. I wish LEGO would be brave and not to try please everyone. Do their own interesting thing, like with these upcoming Space sets. Thank you TLG.