Mister Phes

[OFFICIAL] 10320 Eldorado Fortress - Available NOW

28 minutes ago, AydenTheCarrot said:

Yeah, I was able to snipe up a bunch of torsos, legs, heads, backpacks, etc. but I wasn't able to get the shako hats, those other Pirates fans beat me to it!

Hats are back as of around an hour ago but torsos are gone. I haven't seen hats and torsos available at the same time, just waiting for my time when the stars align and all 4 of the essential soldier parts are in stock at the same time. (Shako, Epaulets, Torso, and Knapsack)

2 hours ago, Gavino said:

Hats are back as of around an hour ago but torsos are gone. I haven't seen hats and torsos available at the same time, just waiting for my time when the stars align and all 4 of the essential soldier parts are in stock at the same time. (Shako, Epaulets, Torso, and Knapsack)

As more and more people buy them they will stay permanent in stock after some time, just look at the Castle figs from last year :wink:

EDIT: meant to post this in the Useful Pirates Pieces thread, mods can delete this if necessary

Edited by Aanchir

2 hours ago, SpacePolice89 said:

I wonder why they didn't use the Ninjago monkey in brown for this set? It's almost identical to the original monkey and it's only been used in two sets so the mold must still be in good condition.

https://brickset.com/parts/6160963/monkey-no-2

That's the original mold that was retired. That was the last time it appeared in a set - 7 years ago. I do wish they would bring it back. I'm afraid if they do, it will have printed eyes and be more rounded out like all of the modern animals.

3 hours ago, jodawill said:

That's the original mold that was retired. That was the last time it appeared in a set - 7 years ago. I do wish they would bring it back. I'm afraid if they do, it will have printed eyes and be more rounded out like all of the modern animals.

The Ninjago monkey is different from the original monkey. If you look closely the head shape and the ears are different as well as the back and the tail. At first I thought they were the same but then I spotted the differences. They are listed as separate pieces on Bricklink.

53 minutes ago, SpacePolice89 said:

The Ninjago monkey is different from the original monkey. If you look closely the head shape and the ears are different as well as the back and the tail. At first I thought they were the same but then I spotted the differences. They are listed as separate pieces on Bricklink.

I can't compare them very well because I don't have the Ninjago one, but they're listed as the same part on Bricklink.

Everything is in stock right now except the governor's torso! Finally got my order in!

12 hours ago, jodawill said:

I can't compare them very well because I don't have the Ninjago one, but they're listed as the same part on Bricklink.

You are correct, but there are some minor differences so it must be two different molds even if they are considered to be the same part. The most recent mold has only been used for the silver monkey in two sets.  

Despite buying Eldorado on release day and building Bag 1 in early July, I'm still very slowly working through the set and just completed Bag 3 today. I'm very impressed with the ramp - specifically, how sturdy the thing is when it's put into place. I was paying very close attention to that part of the build since slopes and hills that accommodate the walk cycle of a Brickfilm and don't collapse under too much pressure are a rarity, and I'll definitely be stealing the technique Lego used for this ramp - even if it was quite fiddly to get it in to begin with, since the gap it was slotting into was very much just-so shape-wise.

I've been surprised so far by the uneven distribution of the minifigures. There were quite a few in Bag 1 but I'm yet to encounter any more and it doesn't look like Bag 4 has one either. I'm sure most sets spread the figs around a bit more.

Finally got around to modding a fig up for the captain. The torso was the closest colour wise, and felt like a true representation of the original.

IMG_2392IMG_2393

4 hours ago, thewatchman said:

Finally got around to modding a fig up for the captain. The torso was the closest colour wise, and felt like a true representation of the original.

Yes, that's a fitting minifig for a merchant :thumbup:

On 11/20/2023 at 9:22 PM, thewatchman said:

Very nice. He looks great.

On 11/20/2023 at 11:22 AM, thewatchman said:

The torso was the closest colour wise, and felt like a true representation of the original.

Yes, that torso is a great choice.

On 11/20/2023 at 6:22 PM, thewatchman said:

IMG_2392IMG_2393

Where’s that torso from.

1 hour ago, Pirate_King_1982 said:

Where’s that torso from.

This is the 2018 Newt's Case of Magical creatures torso. Bricklink sells torsos for less than $2. I picked up a few new torsos when I saw this post this morning. 

Edited by cehnot

3 minutes ago, cehnot said:

This is the 2018 Newt's Case of Magical creatures torso. Bricklink sells torsos for less than $2. I picked up a few new torsos when I saw this post this morning. 

Yep!

That’s the one. Glad to hear I inspired some builds! Would love to see him in everyone else’s layout.

1 minute ago, thewatchman said:

Yep!

That’s the one. Glad to hear I inspired some builds! Would love to see him in everyone else’s layout.

I will be adding him to the same ship later, but that torso inspired me to make a new pirate minifigure for my Seven Seas Barracuda. 

1 minute ago, zinnn said:

What are the chances this set will be on sale any soon?

It appears to be a LEGO exclusive and not at any other retailers, so maybe not for a while, if ever. I got it over the November Insiders weekend for double points and two GWPs, thinking it was likely the best deal I'd get on it.

13 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

It appears to be a LEGO exclusive and not at any other retailers, so maybe not for a while, if ever.

I actually saw it on a waiting list at a Swedish (Norwegian) online retailer today. I'll have to get back to you on if it actually will be possible to buy.

33 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

It appears to be a LEGO exclusive and not at any other retailers, so maybe not for a while, if ever. I got it over the November Insiders weekend for double points and two GWPs, thinking it was likely the best deal I'd get on it.

It is partly exclusive only, meaning one of Lego´s exclusive Partners will sell it - like the Galaxy Explorer for instance.

17 minutes ago, Jiesdeo said:

I actually saw it on a waiting list at a Swedish (Norwegian) online retailer today. I'll have to get back to you on if it actually will be possible to buy.

It should be avaiable on 1.1.24. 

5 hours ago, Jiesdeo said:

I see a Norwegian (maybe the same one as you?) has it for earliest shipping 7th of January. I assume they expect it in stock in the start of January, opening price is around 50$ lower than Lego. How much lower it will go depends probably on if other shops in Norway may sell it or not. Most sets will show up in other shops after a few months in my experience, LKC and DA are one of the few exceptions.
Lego probably do this to earn more money on the sets. I talked to a fellow Norwegian AFOL who run a independent shop and he said it was impossible to make the shop a living because of this. When Lego release say a new modular a lot of customers ask for it and want to buy it from him, but he can not sell it for half a year and then most of them already have bought it from Lego..

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I see a Norwegian (maybe the same one as you?) has it for earliest shipping 7th of January. I assume they expect it in stock in the start of January, opening price is around 50$ lower than Lego. How much lower it will go depends probably on if other shops in Norway may sell it or not. Most sets will show up in other shops after a few months in my experience, LKC and DA are one of the few exceptions.
Lego probably do this to earn more money on the sets. I talked to a fellow Norwegian AFOL who run a independent shop and he said it was impossible to make the shop a living because of this. When Lego release say a new modular a lot of customers ask for it and want to buy it from him, but he can not sell it for half a year and then most of them already have bought it from Lego..

Shouldn´t he not get the Modular at all? I mean, they usually are also Exclusive to one of Lego´s Partners only. That beeing said it is quite normal that those sets are sold for at least 3 Months exclusively by Lego - and of course it is to sell it to the people that want to have it at release - I sometimes wonder why they don´t do that with all Sets with at least one month exclusivity ;).

As for the set appearing at other Norwegian retailers - as mentioned above it will be exclusive to one partner only - however, it is possible that excluvise partners from other countrys get it that also sell them to other countrys.

12 hours ago, zinnn said:

What are the chances this set will be on sale any soon?

During Black Friday, LEGO Store Greece and Moustakas Toys in Greece, had a deal that you could buy 2 LEGO sets and get the 2nd one for a 50% discount.

So, many people came into agreement (example through Facebook) to buy 2 sets of 10320 Eldorado Fortress and split the money they paid.
Ended up paying €161 each.

They did the same thing for 10305 Lion Knights' Castle.

I don't think anyone will get a better deal than this.

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus