Ngoc Nguyen

42157 - Skidder John Deere 948L-II

Hard to tell from the pictures I've seen online, but does anyone have an idea of tire size? I'm guessing same 107x44r as the 42054? 

Honestly if it comes in under $200USD I'm getting it. Lots of pneumatics and if it really has 4 hubs and all of the gears and such to move the claw it'll be worth it for me. Better pieces than the new Volvo 42081 too. 

3 minutes ago, TexasEngineer454 said:

Hard to tell from the pictures I've seen online, but does anyone have an idea of tire size? I'm guessing same 107x44r as the 42054?

The very same. Last set to use them was 42099 in 2019, so it's been a while.

34 minutes ago, TexasEngineer454 said:

Honestly if it comes in under $200USD I'm getting it. Lots of pneumatics and if it really has 4 hubs and all of the gears and such to move the claw it'll be worth it for me. Better pieces than the new Volvo 42081 too. 

There are also two large turntables under the cabin.

Btw. given the new claw piece and the fact that 2024 is Volvo year, I guess we can expect log loader L180H as 2024 flagship.

1 hour ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Except for the 8455 Backhoe, with its out-there 10 cylinders!

That's why I said tied for second, it'll still be second but 8868 could go to third.

10 minutes ago, Repkovsky said:

There are also two large turntables under the cabin.

Btw. given the new claw piece and the fact that 2024 is Volvo year, I guess we can expect log loader L180H as 2024 flagship.

Woah there, we're not even done with 2023 yet!

Love it. Big old tractor to haul stuff

They even could have used the yellow cylinders and it would not have looked stupid (unless real ones are grey as well)

Butwhy those sport Edition rims again? Can not see them anymore!

7 minutes ago, Polarlicht said:

They even could have used the yellow cylinders and it would not have looked stupid (unless real ones are grey as well)

They are. Well, grey-black, anyway.

704316_20200811101703-1597097823_product

32 minutes ago, allanp said:

That's why I said tied for second, it'll still be second but 8868 could go to third.

Ah, sorry, I see what you meant!

More pics available on Lego website

42157_alt2.png?format=webply&fit=bounds&

Unfortunately they snuck in some LAs at the rear, and also the cam shaft style engine. Okay, so not everything can be perfect I guess, still very excited for this of course!!!

18 minutes ago, allanp said:

Mini LA's for the blade works fine =) However whats missing is the rotating for the grabbler (just geared axle with a knob would had done it) but still, this seems to be the best set for years

9 hours ago, JonathanM said:

Looks like 3x19 frames in green after all.

What is the small black part in the pinhole of the green panel behind the rear wheel?

Yeah, the other photo shows the 3x19 frame. The black looks like this part:

https://rebrickable.com/parts/79194/plate-round-1-x-1-with-hollow-stud-and-bar-on-underside-long-space/#part_usage

25 minutes ago, GoldVillage said:

However whats missing is the rotating for the grabbler

Skidders usually do not have this feature IRL... so not having a rotation function is more realistic.

2 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

They are. Well, grey-black, anyway.

704316_20200811101703-1597097823_product

Then maybe thats the reason they have recolored them last year, for this set...

I'm probably missing something obvious here but what are the light grey parts holding the upper cylinder fittings to the A-profile boom? Doesn't look like a regular pin end?

5 minutes ago, zoo said:

I'm probably missing something obvious here but what are the light grey parts holding the upper cylinder fittings to the A-profile boom? Doesn't look like a regular pin end?

If you mean what I think you mean, it's this, released in 2021:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=77765#T=S&C=86&O={"color":86,"iconly":0}

Edited by N-4K0

1 hour ago, Michael217 said:

[pictures]

I can't make sense of the geometry of the A-frame. I would assume all holes on there are on a regular grid. Then how does the 11 stud flip-flop beam fit in? It appears to stretch between two holes that should, by all means, be more than 10 studs apart center-to-center.