MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Not going to lie, I don't know how much more disappointment I can handle from Lego this year.

IDK but if goat isn't actually gonna spill the beans im paying this no mind. Anyone can cryptically say "bad things are coming for lego star wars" and then when something disappointing inevitably happens they can say "see i told you so"

2 hours ago, Lego_Minecraft_Goat said:

I won't do it.

I don't to want the  LSW fandom angry because they are too much to handle.

Soooooooo........Yavin has like 5 figures and the Swamp Speeder is just Luminara and Barriss lol

3 hours ago, CodFather1 said:

The entire August wave has been replaced by $15 mechs, I know it.

Don't joke about this, or they'll do it.

3 hours ago, Hhalcyon said:

It could be the key chains but IDK why they would be so worried about that

No one's ever cared about the key chains, I don't think that's what he meant.

5 hours ago, CodFather1 said:

The entire August wave has been replaced by $15 mechs, I know it.

Don't jinx it.

Or maybe it's not retail set related, but instead something to do with the promos for the 4th? Watch them do something weird like bring back a micro build. Guess we'll find out what's the "big" disappointment or whatnot in the upcoming weeks. 

Edited by joebiwankenobi

13 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

I think I see where you're coming from; the pilot might have goggles on or something. I don't think the head is lighter though.

I am not seeing any goggles; the eyes just look a bit larger and closer together (and they may also have eyebrows/lines above them). 

9 hours ago, Lego_Minecraft_Goat said:

I won't do it.

I don't to want the  LSW fandom angry because they are too much to handle.

Dewit. It actually will be worse if you do not tell us, because of the inevitable combination of rampant speculation and fake leakers making shit up. 😐

As for some rampant speculation of my own: No Rex in the ISP? He is a weird inclusion, and not getting him would piss off LSW fans (particularly the loudest ones). 

Has to be one of these:

• One or multiple of the unknown sets are underwhelming
  • One or multiple sets got cancelled
  • The known information is partially incorrect, e.g., in regard to the number of minifigs

Hope it’s the first option :classic:

8 hours ago, The Stud said:

Not going to lie, I don't know how much more disappointment I can handle from Lego this year.

Yeah, same here.

52 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I am not seeing any goggles; the eyes just look a bit larger and closer together (and they may also have eyebrows/lines above them). 

I reckon they still could be goggles, but it's potentially just different eyes, yeah.

The Snub Fighter and N1 microfighter have both been revealed! :thumbup: Vane and the pilot indeed share the same faceprint, but at least Vane‘s bandana is a completely new piece :sweet:

Snub fighter looks good, $35 is a bit much though

N1 starfighter looks awful, Minifig selection good though 

The snub fighter looks good, though seemingly a bit small compared to the real ship. Only getting two Minifigs and Vane's head being reused for the pilot are disappointing considering that the set is $35, but the new(?) bandana mould is a nice surprise (along with the recoloured Lightyear canopy). BTW, can anyone tell what colour the canopy is? I initially thought Trans-Black, but it seems bluish. Maybe a new colour? 🤔

I like the look of the Snub Fighter, but as others have said it seems slightly too expensive. Another minifigure would've helped, though I don't need another Mando so I guess it doesn't matter too much (since he's probably who would've been in there). 

Also, is anyone else reminded of this Space Police III set? It was the first thing I thought of when I saw the Snub Fighter in the show, and the set definitely has the same vibe. Probably just because of the positioning of the little wings on the side, but it's still a funny coincidence (unless one of the ship designers for the show is a big Lego fan). 

5973-1.jpg

I think the N1 microfighter is quite nice and comes with 2 figures. You get what you expect (if not more), better than the heavily oversized playscale set. 

Let guess Yavin IV or the Jabba’s Throne Room is cancelled because that’s all lego does these days (considering how badly they’ve likely botched Indy)