R0Sch

10497 Galaxy Explorer 90th anniversary set

58 minutes ago, danth said:

It's not really an issue. Maybe slightly puzzling tho, to not just wait a few days and send both together to save a box.

Wait! I just got notification my Explorers have shipped!!! 😍😍😍

Not sure if it has really shipped but I have a tracking number...could just mean it's ready to go to the carrier. But I got the shipping notification for my Forest Hideout this morning, and it's is already at the Fed Ex warehouse.

Ahh ok I got ya now! I was not sure if I undrstood competely. 

11 hours ago, lowlead said:

@DBlegonerd7 Neither an 'issue' or 'concern' as you put it, just a curiosity.  As Danth said, why not wait and save a box and a delivery stop by shipping them together on the 1st?  Seems wasteful, but if that's their system so be it.

It may be cheaper/easier for them to ship in two dedicated boxes, rather than together. Especially if the Explorer is already packed in shipping boxes, it means not manually putting two sets together with extra packing materials.

15 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

It may be cheaper/easier for them to ship in two dedicated boxes, rather than together. Especially if the Explorer is already packed in shipping boxes, it means not manually putting two sets together with extra packing materials.

If that were the case, absolutely.  Does anyone know how many 10497s per retail shipping box?  How Target or WM would receive them, in other words...  Two would be perfect!

4 hours ago, canuckster said:

How are people getting theirs shipped already?

I pre ordered it from the LEGO website. I learned that preordering was not available globally, though.

I see that the set is now available at Walmart too, at least online.

Oh look!

i got notification saying Galaxy Explorer is shipped out yeserday (July 30). And it has a NEW tracking ID#. 

Mine are close enough that they could arrive at my door any day now. Ugh, so hard waiting for this one!

2 hours ago, danth said:

Mine are close enough that they could arrive at my door any day now. Ugh, so hard waiting for this one!

Waiting is worthy and in the end you get the amazing set!

My local Wal-Mart had two sitting on the self with a base tag of exactly $100.00.  (Don't know why the local Wal-Mart always rounds up that penny for the first month or so.)  I guess that confirms this is in fact a general release set, at least in the U.S.  :moar: 

It was really hard to not grab another right away (or first considering my pre-orders haven't arrived yet.)  I decided to laugh at the 75315 Imperial Light Cruiser on clearance for $124. (its pretty bad when the clearance price is still higher than I am willing to pay for a set.)  I did finally grab a 76156 Rise of Domo for $59 so that's a win.  (had that not been on clearance I would have gotten "another" 10497.)  Far too many people forget one of the most basic tenets of capitalism, new price = new item.

Knowing that the 10497 Galaxy Explorer is general release is going to make getting multiples way easier.

I wish the internet store in Europe would allow pre-orders instead of having to wait until midnight like a schmuck on a worknight.

Well here we are again... midnight and no sign of it releasing. :pir-angry:

Edited by canuckster

Not the first time this happens. Lego IT is often an enormous, to put it nicely, letdown...

New Elementary has the instructions for the two alt builds available to download! https://www.patreon.com/posts/69821053

I spent most of today building the Space Cruiser/Space Transporter (LL924) alt build on Stud.io. I really appreciate how even beyond the differences in scale and the features of the original sets, they've varied the looks and features of the three ships. The dense array of computer screens packed into the cockpit of the mid-sized craft, and the nifty bit of tech in the cargo bay, both really make the B-model stand out.

Edited by Lyichir

It's not LEGO's mistake here, I think sets in Europe always release based on UK timezone.

GWP's still look like they are based on local timezone, at least in this case where 40529: Children's Amusement Park was not sold out before the end of the promo.

But as far as I know European LEGO.com uses a shared system as far as releases, discounts and availability go.

Edited by TeriXeri

17 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

It's not LEGO's mistake here, I think sets in Europe always release based on UK timezone.

I'm sure you're right and it's just me forgetting about this asterisk as per usual, wish they would spell it out for us on the website.

And a queue to visit the webpage... again :pir-cry_sad:

Well I got mine placed, now fingers crossed that I'm not on the backorder list.

Edited by canuckster
Unneccessary to create new post

21 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

That's not true, I bought several sets in the past in my own timezone on release date. There's just not knowing beforehand if they'll use the UK timezone or not.

But putting that aside, mine is on its way!:excited:

Ordered, site queue was very short, and no problem exchanging VIP point code and GWP in basket this time around.

Original 928 set was very special to me , but it's nice LEGO provided the extra instructions for the smaller ship builds already. :thumbup:

Edited by TeriXeri

Holy, mine is in the warehouse already getting ready to be shipped. I ordered express delivery, hopefully I'll have it very quick.

I ordered mine at midnight to get the GWP. It was my first time experiencing the queue. I waited about five minutes. It didn't bother me since this set is in stores and I don't have to worry about it selling out. But I will probably feel nervous when the time comes to order the castle.

I bought two of the Galaxy Explorers. But I won't be building mine until Christmas when my son gets his. It's going to be a long 4+ months. :classic:

I really hope the minifigures will be available via Pick a Brick.

Has anyone worked out what extra parts you need if you buy 2 Galaxy Explorers and want to build all 3 models at the same time?

Bought the set today from the LEGO store, really happy with the build so far, its great fun.