MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

33 minutes ago, CodeNameGoldMember said:

As for the $530.00 set that's supposed to be coming in the fall, have we gotten many rumors regarding it? I had seen a Yavin IV rebel base rumor, but that's the only thing I've seen so far. (Not even sure if that's even close to reliable)

No, nothing. There's been wild speculation about Yavin, Geonosis, various other things, but none of those suggestions spring from any sort of evidence and it's better not to propagate them. We don't even know that it'll be an MBS-style set; it could be something completely different.

Edited by Kdapt-Preacher

2 hours ago, CodeNameGoldMember said:

I've placed a couple orders online, but stopped by my local store today and picked up the UCS Landspeeder. I thought the keychain promo was cool but was expecting it to be some cheaper plastic, boy was I wrong. This keychain is super solid and cool. Glad I'll have a couple of them.

The keychain is indeed really nice. I like it a lot more than I thought I would.

The box it comes in is a little quality box too.

Edited by TBD

On 4/22/2022 at 8:52 AM, The Stud said:

That’s a good point I haven’t seen a lot of other people point out. This Double VIP list is practically all of the smaller Star Wars sets, but the one they don’t include on here is arguably one of the strongest sellers. (Though a lot of the hype has worn off and a lot of stores tend to have plenty of copies of the set…) Lego knows what they’re doing and it’s really crappy. Not including D2Cs and new sets is one thing, but actively omitting this set in particular grinds my gears even more

Also, am I the only one who is just seeing little to no hype for the Landspeeder? I see more discussion and hype for the May the 4th promos than I do this set lol.

Even if the hype has worn off, some people such as myself have yet to pick it up. This hobby is expensive and it can take time for some of us to get around to certain content, that said I definitely would have been incentivized to army build more if I had been able tk get double points for that set. That said I do see in the exclusions it does state one set per household so even if this army builder set did qualify it only one purchase of said set would get the double points so it’d be kind of a waste anyways. 

Idk if this sounds repetitive but I do want to state that this Lars Homestead kitchen has got to be one of the most satisfying May the 4th builds they’ve ever made. It is so beautiful I absolutely love this promotion. 

Okay totally not freaking out but just realized the Mos Eisley Cantina is OOS and set to retire this year. Is it possible this set will not restock on shop at home ever again? Or could we expect it to restock before the years end/it retires? I feel like I should pick up the Cantina ASAP from my local store, would you guys say its risky to wait further on into the year? I am notttt paying aftermarket prices for that. 

I feel like I’m already anxious about missing out on whats set to retire this year those retiring soon sets you waited on really do creep up on you this time of year.

49 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Okay totally not freaking out but just realized the Mos Eisley Cantina is OOS and set to retire this year. Is it possible this set will not restock on shop at home ever again? Or could we expect it to restock before the years end/it retires? I feel like I should pick up the Cantina ASAP from my local store, would you guys say its risky to wait further on into the year? I am notttt paying aftermarket prices for that. 

I feel like I’m already anxious about missing out on whats set to retire this year those retiring soon sets you waited on really do creep up on you this time of year.

I would go for it, after all, look at the value now of Cloud City, which is inferior to the Cantina in every way, but is now worth around 470USD.

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

I'd say just go for it and get it when you have the chance. It's one of the best Star Wars sets they have made in the past several years so I wouldn't stress too much about paying full retail instead of waiting for a big sale and hoping that it's in stock at the time.

5 hours ago, cosmic said:

That’s one of the sets I was initially planning on getting for May the 4th. I think it’ll retire this year but I’m sure it will restock again and be available again before too long. Lego usually doesn’t really retire sets until the end of the year anyway.

However, as someone who’s also eager about picking up that set, I won’t tell you not to try and pick it up!

Also, happy May the 4th everyone!

As the trailer shows, Purge Troopers will be featured in the show :excited: I think there‘s a decent chance for one or two to be included in the bigger Kenobi set, similar to what they did with the Death Troopers in Krennic‘s Shuttle :laugh: 

Aunt Beru is sold out on Shop at Home. Surprised it lasted as long as it did. I ended up not getting any of the promos since everything I wanted to buy was out of stock and I couldn't convince myself to buy $160 worth of sets I already had or didn't plan to buy.

9 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

No, nothing. There's been wild speculation about Yavin, Geonosis, various other things, but none of those suggestions spring from any sort of evidence and it's better not to propagate them. We don't even know that it'll be an MBS-style set; it could be something completely different.

We got a fairly confident statement that it'll be a UCS Razor Crest awhile back from @no_one_of_importance173. He posted on instagram about the rumor, saying he'd received info from @brick_clicker and @republick_studs affirming this as the likely model. No offense to these individuals, but how reliable are they? @no_one_of_importance173 said in his post, "Take this with a grain of salt. Looking likely, but it’s just a rumor for right now… Posted due to info from multiple sources...". I don't understand how something like this is "likely", though... at this point it in the process, it either has to be a definite "yes" or "no", right?

Edited by mirkwoodspiders

I think it's safe to say the torso / armor of the old Grand inquisitor works for this live action one. There's some controversy about the general look of the face make up they've given the character. Personally if the performance has the same weight that Jason Isacc's voice acting gave the character i don't care if he looks different.

That being said, I feel a fig is inevitable, do you think lego will use the same or almost the same print as last time, would people even want them to? Obviously it would be cool if he gets his skull candy or what ever those earmuffs are Lobot style.

Also I doubt the helmet mould from 2015 will return.

Edited by Archer
spelling

I hope the show leads to more Inquisitor minifigs down the line :thumbup:

Let‘s rank them by likeliness, shall we?

• Third Sister: alleged main antagonist of the show, apart from Vader of course, so extremely likely to be featured in the big Kenobi set (rumoured to be her ship anyway)
  • Grand Inquisitor & Fifth Brother: show up in their live-action debut, moulds already available, so pretty likely?
  • New Inquisitor (Fourth Sister?): only other known live-action Inquisitor. Hope she gets a minifig :excited:
  • Seventh Sister & Eighth Brother: only if they go back to Rebels or if they happen to appear in a new show
  • Ninth Sister: could still be around, thus potential for live-action debut
  • Second Sister: only if they make sets based on FO (other than the upcoming BD-1)
  • Sixth Brother, Tenth Brother, male Twi‘lek Inquisitor, & red-skinned female Inquisitor: comics only, so no chance.
  • Third Brother: existence confirmed, no appearances yet

3 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Aunt Beru is sold out on Shop at Home. Surprised it lasted as long as it did. I ended up not getting any of the promos since everything I wanted to buy was out of stock and I couldn't convince myself to buy $160 worth of sets I already had or didn't plan to buy.

Understandable. I got the tank and Mando+Child brickheadz to part out/give as gifts just to reach the Beru Promo threshold (I'm planning on keeping it sealed, so it's sort of an investment, but still).

I'm a bit worried about my order, actually. After the order was confirmed, the tank got backordered retroactively. Sucks, but whatever. What really worries me is that it's been 4 days and my entire order is still "in warehouse", when previous orders I've made in the last year have only been in warehouse 1-3 days. I'm worried that the entire order won't ship until the tank does, which would be annoying in terms of delay, and I don't know if they'd be keeping my promos separate, or if Beru going out of stock means my existing order won't have it? Does anyone know how they usually go about that?

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

• Third Sister: alleged main antagonist of the show, apart from Vader of course, so extremely likely to be featured in the big Kenobi set (rumoured to be her ship anyway)
  • Grand Inquisitor & Fifth Brother: show up in their live-action debut, moulds already available, so pretty likely?
  • New Inquisitor (Fourth Sister?): only other known live-action Inquisitor. Hope she gets a minifig :excited:
  • Seventh Sister & Eighth Brother: only if they go back to Rebels or if they happen to appear in a new show
  • Second Sister: only if they make sets based on FO (other than the upcoming BD-1)
  • Sixth Brother, Tenth Brother, male Twi‘lek Inquisitor, & red-skinned female Inquisitor: comics only, so no chance.

Here's mine:

Third sister: I agree. They're REALLY pushing her in the marketing for this show, I'd say since we know there's 2 kenobi sets there's an almost 100% chance she'll be in one of the sets.

Grand inquisitor: I think it's pretty likely given he's also getting marketed, though not to the same extent, and wouldn't require a new mold. The armor mold was probably destroyed, but honestly he doesn't need it, he's really not that bulky.

Second sister: This is just a hunch, but based off BD-1, I think there's a solid chance we will get some figure-scale Fallen Order sets eventually, and she's pretty much guaranteed for any figure-scale fallen order set.

Fifth brother and Fourth sister: Secondary antagonists in the kenobi show requiring new molds (I think Fifth brother's hat mold is gone now, and while it sounds like they keep the 3-D files, IIRC they destroy the physical molds, which have been said to cost hundreds of thousands of dollars), so I'd say they're either in the big kenobi set or we won't be seeing them anytime soon.

Ninth Sister: Could show up in a fallen order set, but she'd be a big fig, and considering fallen order sets at all aren't guaranteed and she's a secondary antagonist, I think it's unlikely. If the sequel and any sets in development do well and we get more, it's possible, but that's a big if.

Seventh sister and 8th brother: I doubt we'll see them unless they show up in something else. Even if rebels got new sets, they would probably focus on more important or fan-favorite antagonists like the grand inquisitor, Thrawn, Vader, Maul, S1/2 Kallus, etc.

Anyone in just comics or books: Not until they show up in something else.

TLDR: Third sister and grand inquisitor are probably coming, Second sister might be, Maybe 4th and 5th if they went all-out for kenobi sets, and I don't think we'll see anyone else anytime soon.

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

How cool we could get the third sister! I stayed away from watching the trailer cause i’m not caught up on star wars content but honestly gonna check it out now. Excited to think I can get the inquisitors I missed out on from Rebels. Hope the actual Rebels team and namely the Ghost make some sort of appearance to justify re-releasing them. It’s not like they were done particularly well the first go either. Sabine namely could have had much brighter printing, a darker skin tone and more detailing on both arms and legs. Excited to see where this goes.

4 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Called my local store and they happen to have inventory for both the Mandalorian Starfighter and the Bad Batch Shuttle plus the Aunt Beru promo! Definitely gonna go tonight to avoid regretting this promo, its too beautiful not to get while I can. Plus double VIP points for sets I was meaning to get anyways.

I think the high Inquisitor presence in this show (meaning that they’re bringing back that hilt mold) and the BD-1 set coming this summer definitely points to more Fallen Order sets on their way. Lego loves synergy between their products (i.e. Bo Katan and Ahsoka appear in Clone Wars sets last summer in a very Mandalorian-dominated wave) so I can definitely see Lego throwing the Second Sister in with The Mantis whenever we eventually get that.

Also, I gotta say that I think the Grand Inquisitor looks MUCH better in this trailer. The lack of an elongated head bothers me less than the lack of Sith eyes so hopefully that changes.

36 minutes ago, CrappyMocMaker said:

Is it possible for the Obi wan vs Vader set to be from episode IV and not Kenobi? It could be a quotes set at 50€.

Aren’t they BrickHeads?

46 minutes ago, CrappyMocMaker said:

Is it possible for the Obi wan vs Vader set to be from episode IV and not Kenobi? It could be a quotes set at 50€.

Don't quote me on this, but from what I remember, we know there are two kenobi sets coming. There is an additional $50 set known as "Obi-wan vs Darth vader" according to falconfan, that seems to be the ep4 set. In addition, there has been an Obi-Wan Vs Vader brickheadz rumored, but I don't remember any reliable sources confirming it.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Just did my May the 4th shopping! Oddly satisfying that I did it on May 4th as well! I got my promotional AT-ST which was fine, but Lars Kitchen is definitely the highlight of this purchase! Had to get something to hit the $160 mark because before taxes the Bad Batch Shuttle and Mandolorian  Starfighter did not meet the mark. Not mad because I used this as an opportunity to buy the Mandalorian’s Forge. Overall incredibly happy with this purchase and wow I just realized they have an entire thread for recent Star Wars purchases and I feel silly hitting post on the 2022 rumors thread. 

16 hours ago, CodFather1 said:

I would go for it, after all, look at the value now of Cloud City, which is inferior to the Cantina in every way, but is now worth around 470USD.

Just speculating but I don’t think the Cantina will appreciate as well as Cloud City. The Cantina has some great figures but it doesn’t have exclusive variants of the main characters to drive the price up.

38 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Just speculating but I don’t think the Cantina will appreciate as well as Cloud City. The Cantina has some great figures but it doesn’t have exclusive variants of the main characters to drive the price up.

Yeah, even looking at BL prices for the most desirable minifigures, no one on there is really that expensive other than Garindan.  I'm actually a little bit surprised, because when Cloud City was out, I feel like Han, Leia, Boba Fett, Lando, and Luke (who was exclusive at the time) were all consistently like $25-30 US, whereas Garindan is barely even $25 right now, and all of the other exclusive figures are cheaper.  I think prices will definitely increase after the set retires, but I don't think that any of the figures have the appeal of the exclusive Bespin variants.  Garindan and Ponda Baba maybe will top out around the price of Bespin Leia or lower, but all it takes is a $40-50 Cantina set that includes Ponda Baba for that price to come crashing back down.  I honestly think that's likely at some point, just because they made the new mold and he was a character in-demand for quite a while, plus the Cantina can be done with a really cheap set, whereas most of the Cloud City variants are either intentionally a premium version (Boba Fett/dual-molded Han) or only really work in more expensive sets.

11 hours ago, Archer said:

I think it's safe to say the torso / armor of the old Grand inquisitor works for this live action one.

In the new trailer he had a cape (black on the outside, red on the inside, they'll probs reuse Gideon's), and with the clip for the lightsaber on the old mould sticking off the back, they'd probably have to make a new mould to accommodate the cape.

Honestly I don't expect to see the old armor pieces from Rebels return. The live action Inquisitor costumes don't look anymore elaborate than what Fennec Shand or the Imperial Ground Crew wear and can easily be done by just printing the torso.

The only molds they really need to bring back are the round lightsaber hilt and Fifth Brother's hat (but even then they could cheapen out by using a printed dish like Embo)

43 minutes ago, wesker said:

Honestly I don't expect to see the old armor pieces from Rebels return. The live action Inquisitor costumes don't look anymore elaborate than what Fennec Shand or the Imperial Ground Crew wear and can easily be done by just printing the torso.

The only molds they really need to bring back are the round lightsaber hilt and Fifth Brother's hat (but even then they could cheapen out by using a printed dish like Embo)

I totally agree. I actually have the armor part off my grand inquisitor for display because I think it makes them look too bulky. Molded chest armor is generally only used for characters meant to be super physically imposing such as Wrecker, Paz, the Dark Trooper, etc (which I know all came after, but that just proves my point on how unnecessarily bulked up the grand inquisitor looked), and even though this grand inquisitor is a bit...thicker...than the animated one, it's still not any heavier level of armor than Vader or a stormtrooper.

Edited by Mandalorianknight