MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

3 hours ago, distantnemesis said:

brickset has 75303 and 75331 as the last sets for star wars this year, i know one will be the UCS razor crest but what is the other one?

Possibly a delayed UCS set. It would have originally been a 2021 set that Brickset has carried over to 2022 for some reason. Whatever it is or was might be released eventually as a few things have messed with the schedule of D2C sets since 2015 and there could be a backlog.

Keep in mind, we will be seeing live action Cad Bane again fairly soon. Mando season 3 probably. Cad's a relevant character right now, so it makes sense. Would be nice to see a live action The Justifier. 

On 8/13/2022 at 7:13 AM, LegendaryArticuno said:

With the Kotor remake being delayed indefinitely, I think that further reduces the already extremely slim chances we'll get Old Republic sets again.

No chance we get those sets. I personally think the KOTOR remake will NOT happen. At least not for several more years.

4 hours ago, Something_Awesome said:

Keep in mind, we will be seeing live action Cad Bane again fairly soon. Mando season 3 probably. Cad's a relevant character right now, so it makes sense. Would be nice to see a live action The Justifier. 

I wouldn't be so sure, I mean never say never, but Book of Boba Fett aligns to after Mando season 2, and as that stretch in Boba is basically season 2.5 of Mando. Season 3 would  take place after. I wouldn't count on seeing bane again......... But then, maybe someone can Mod him! Lol That seems to be a new thing.

Edited by Frizzlefry25
Type

10 hours ago, Something_Awesome said:

Um, Cad Bane kinda

got killed

at the end of TBoBF :tongue: It’s not impossible for him to return - this is SW after all - but I wouldn’t expect him to be back this soon.

On 8/14/2022 at 5:14 PM, Something_Awesome said:

.....We will almost certainly not, unless in flashbacks. 

Spoiler

I suppose it's possible he lived... but that would be kinda cheap and just make TBOBF even worse. Either way, even in that slim chance, it'd be in TBOBF 2, not in mando 3.

21 hours ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

But then, maybe someone can Mod him!

Gah, I hate everything about the mods. Fennec's cybernetics didn't bother me until they did the mod stuff, as I always assumed he just did some basic first aid on the blaster shot and just... got her to an actual hospital eventually. Their dumb scooters, the fact boba takes them in, just everything about them.

That said Drash and a scooter are totally going to be a side build if there's another TBOBF set coming.

13 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Gah, I hate everything about the mods. Fennec's cybernetics didn't bother me until they did the mod stuff, as I always assumed he just did some basic first aid on the blaster shot and just... got her to an actual hospital eventually. Their dumb scooters, the fact boba takes them in, just everything about them.

That said Drash and a scooter are totally going to be a side build if there's another TBOBF set coming.

If that's the case hopefully Skad (I had to google his name) will be part of the minifig selection, so that the following iconic scene can be recreated:

https://tenor.com/view/mod-swirl-star-wars-mods-tbobf-boba-fett-mods-gif-24898700

Edited by essel

On 8/15/2022 at 4:51 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

.....We will almost certainly not, unless in flashbacks. 

Reveal hidden contents

I suppose it's possible he lived... but that would be kinda cheap and just make TBOBF even worse. Either way, even in that slim chance, it'd be in TBOBF 2, not in mando 3.

Why would we not see Cad Bane again? You actually believe him to be dead? After going back up and reading other responses, it seems that many of you believe him to be dead. This is interesting. I had not yet come across anyone that believed he died. That he survived seemed obvious to me.

If I remember, he has a heart monitor/device, and it beeps. The device continued to beep and at no point did it flatline. I’m sorry but that final shot of him on camera, laying there, the way it was done, is a textbook jabait. 

Edited by Something_Awesome

A new photo just leaked that appears to show a whole lot of Mythrol heads, so apparently this would support the idea of the Mythrol also coming with the UCS Razor Crest.

44 minutes ago, Jazzahh said:

A new photo just leaked that appears to show a whole lot of Mythrol heads, so apparently this would support the idea of the Mythrol also coming with the UCS Razor Crest.

Hmm

So aside from Mando, Grogu and Kuiil what was the rumoured minifigure lineup for the Razor crest? 

Presumably Mythrol and who else?

I think these were mostely guestimated, but perhaps Frog Lady? And someone thought Ahsoka might show up, but I’m not really sold on that idea tbh.

Anyone know if the AT-TE Walker will be released in stores like Walmart / Target, or is it an exclusive to LEGO stores and LEGO online shop? It just got released from LEGO here in the US, wondering how long it might take to see it in other stores. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, BitByBrick said:

Anyone know if the AT-TE Walker will be released in stores like Walmart / Target, or is it an exclusive to LEGO stores and LEGO online shop? It just got released from LEGO here in the US, wondering how long it might take to see it in other stores. Thank you. 

It'll be in other stores. Many have bought it from Target already in the US over the last few days. 

Maybe the Mythrol will have a headpiece on top? Just a printed head does look weird and doesn't really communicate the character that well.

Mythrol will probably just use that Monster Fighters Swamp Monster mold, or something similar, over his head. It just didn’t get leaked with the rest of the figure.

So far, our minifigure selection seems to be at least one version of Mando, Grogu, Greef Carga, Kuill, The Mythrol and maybe Ahsoka. Optimistically, I’d guess that leaves us like two more slots, if any, so unless we get an IG-11 or Cara Dune reuse, I’m still keeping fingers crossed for Mayfeld and Frog Lady.

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Weird that he's not getting a moulded head.

My thoughts as well. With all the new moulds for a set like Boba's Palace, I would have expected a moulded head if/when the Mythrol shows up.

41 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Maybe the Mythrol will have a headpiece on top? Just a printed head does look weird and doesn't really communicate the character that well.

To my eyes the black jagged lines on each side of the face appear to suggest the webbed ears. If the leak is real it looks like they're going with a print only.

39 minutes ago, MaximillianRebo said:

To my eyes the black jagged lines on each side of the face appear to suggest the webbed ears. If the leak is real it looks like they're going with a print only.

I agree. There's nothing else they'd need to represent other than a small fin on the top of his head, and I don't think they'd have an entire separate piece for that. 

49 minutes ago, MaximillianRebo said:

My thoughts as well. With all the new moulds for a set like Boba's Palace, I would have expected a moulded head if/when the Mythrol shows up.

Yeah that seems right. Maybe it's so he can fit behind a Carbonite block like Han Solo? Too much of a reach? Yeah yeah, probably right 

I think a printed head is the best choice. That's what they did for the weequay and the Nikto. 

19 hours ago, Jazzahh said:

I think these were mostely guestimated, but perhaps Frog Lady? And someone thought Ahsoka might show up, but I’m not really sold on that idea tbh.

I think Ahsoka makes a lot of sense, though I wouldn't say she seems guaranteed either. The main point in her favor is that it's all but certain we'll get a modern version of her in at least one set next year between Mando S3 and her own show; since that's the case, it's not hard to imagine that Lego might just make that figure temporarily exclusive to the UCS Razorcrest before she shows up in other, cheaper sets next year. 

On 8/11/2022 at 8:30 PM, storskogen said:

Can I ask which one, with or without pins? I would be very curious to see a picture as I was condidering doing the same.

It's the phase 1 version, with the pins. 

17 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

I think a printed head is the best choice. That's what they did for the weequay and the Nikto. 

I know, but they shouldnt for me as soon as the head size just deviate more than 10 % from a humans, make a mold, although still less irritating than the refusal to make new molded animals or beasts in the star wars line