MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

49 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

As others have pointed out, the minifig-scale BD-1 could also hint at something other than a Fallen Order set, if you catch my drift :wink:

All of this sounds pretty ecxiting I have to say! The only thing I‘m a bit worried about are Kenobi and Andor sets, but after TBoBF we probably shouldn‘t expect more than one set each anyway, at least this year :shrug_oh_well:

That's true and promobricks suggested it might come in the other bobf set as the other BD droid which would aslo be great but, man if they're willing to give us a large brick-built BD-1, surely there's hope for getting other Fallen Order sets.

You might be right, especially if we potentially get more Mandalorian sets like we are with the Dark Trooper Attack, there is a ton of stuff from season 2 we still haven't gotten and season 3 might be airing at the end of the year. There's going to be so much Star Wars content that inevitably some stuff isn't going to get good set coverage for awhile. With a lot of the series though it seems like initially they'll get one or 2 sets that are non spoiler-y and there will be a year delay for the spoiler-y stuff so that might help spread things out a bit so series aren't competing as much for attention.

Edited by ToaDraco

54 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

All of this sounds pretty ecxiting I have to say! The only thing I‘m a bit worried about are Kenobi and Andor sets, but after TBoBF we probably shouldn‘t expect more than one set each anyway, at least this year :shrug_oh_well:

I'm still not convinced we'll get sets for those. Maybe I need to wait for the trailers, but these seem to have flown pretty under the radar hype-wise compared to Mando and TBoBF, possibly as they are (presumably) separate from this new Favreau-verse. If the other sets are as good as this list though I won't complain.

12 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

That's true and promobricks suggested it might come in the other bobf set as the other BD droid which would aslo be great but, man if they're willing to give us a large brick-built BD-1, surely there's hope for getting other Fallen Order sets.

I wonder if this is TLG testing the waters a bit. Obviously BD-1 is well known to those who played Fallen Order, but after its appearance in TBoBF those who haven't played the game might recognise it as 'that cute droid that Pelli owns', so there's less risk involved. I can't imagine it not selling well though.

If Bd-1 rumor is true does it mean we will finally get Fallen order sets? Or sets based on its sequel? Mantis would be the best choice with Cal, Bd, Cere, Greeze and Second Sister for like 120$. I just hope with Bdset Lego designers realized how stupid their prior comments on game were.

1 hour ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I'm still not convinced we'll get sets for those. Maybe I need to wait for the trailers, but these seem to have flown pretty under the radar hype-wise compared to Mando and TBoBF, possibly as they are (presumably) separate from this new Favreau-verse. If the other sets are as good as this list though I won't complain.

That’s just how Lucasfilm tend to operate, theirs is always a drip-feed marketing approach so the promotion around a show doesn’t begin until they’re only a few months away. 

Honestly, I would be surprised if we don’t get any Kenobi sets this year, surely Lego wouldn’t wait until 2023?

Unless the piece count is wrong, I just can’t see how 37 is the Gunship. 

That’s over 100 pieces less at a time when the AT TE price and piece count is slowly increasing, albeit with a dwarf spider Droid too. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

22 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

That’s over 100 pieces less at a time when the AT TE price and piece count is slowly increasing, albeit with a dwarf spider Droid too. 

I think if there is a gunship it will be similar in building techniques to the UCS model, with plate build walls instead of brick built and such, so this isnt a perfect comparison.

Also just getting rid of the flick missiles and carrier is almost 50 pieces, so

Sounds like a really good wave. Nice to see Episode 2 getting some love. Hoping one of the other unnamed sets will be a an LAAT. 

2 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Agreed, not to mention that it's just too soon after the UCS set- if LEGO immediately released a new MF-scale version it would greatly tamper future sales of the UCS set, and I'm sure LEGO would prefer fans pick up the UCS version as the centerpiece to their AotC displays.

My hope for the $140 set is that it's finally the long-desired Geonosian Arena. 1082 pieces definitely seems like the perfect amount to get 3 brickbuilt creatures (potentially with some molded elements to justify the high price) and a back facade for the arena (similar to the Thor Arena Clash set from 2017). It would definitely make sense to be in the wave, not only because of how desired it is but also because of it's recent flashback appearance in Book of Boba Fett, and it's the only set outside of a new new Slave I that could realistically include both Jango and Boba.

Edited by Retro Brick Reviews

The palace's minifigs are nice, I guess - it's cool to get a Fennec Shand with her braid instead of a helmet - but with the pictured structure I can't justify $100.

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

As others have pointed out, the minifig-scale BD-1 could also hint at something other than a Fallen Order set, if you catch my drift :wink:

We’ll likely get one set for each show this year, then more next year once the Lego designers have access to the whole show. That’s been the case for every single Disney+ season so far, where they release 1 set to coincide with the new season,  (AT-ST Raider, AAT, Trouble on Tatooine, Bad Batch Attack Shuttle) and a handful of new sets 10 to 18 months later.

13 minutes ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

That’s been the case for every single Disney+ season so far

Good point. I thought they‘d be more confident in the shows by now, but confidence might not be the most important factor at play here :shrug_oh_well: Maybe merchandising works differently behind the scenes of streaming shows compared to theatrical releases

3 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Well it’s also between the 2008 and 2012 one which shows that Lego could do a gunship at that piece count but again 37 could be the atte 

Edited by Falconfan1414

22 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

No way is the 408 piece set Jango’s Slave One. Boba’s has 593 pieces. Misinformation and awful speculation all over the place! 

I suppose there is a possibility that 75337 could be a Slave One if they decide to do an upscaled one to go with the Jedi Starfighter. 

I would agree that 75337 isn't likely to be a gunship though. 

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

No way is the 408 piece set Jango’s Slave One. Boba’s has 593 pieces. Misinformation and awful speculation all over the place! 

You're right, even without the speeder stand thing Boba's still has well over 500 parts

I'm kind of skeptical that we'd even be getting one in general.  I can't see them retiring the Boba version within a year, especially because I've barely even seen it on store shelves, and this would probably be pretty much the same model, unless they decided to upscale it again, which would be very odd and going against most of the ship designs we've had in the past two years.  The only time in recent memory that they've had two system scale models of the same ship out at the same time was when there was overlap between Poe's X-Wing and Luke's X-Wing, but the scale was way different. 

Assuming this list is correct (I don't think there's a reason to doubt it, given the source, which is funny because if a random leaker on Instagram said this was the summer wave, there's no way people would believe it), I would guess they'll include Jango/Boba in a set somehow, but it just seems unlikely to get the ship unless they're retiring Boba's that quickly.

5 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

I know for a fact that the gunship is coming. I don't know if it's going to be 37, but it's the set number that makes the most sense. 

You know what it could be for that size and price though? Bounty Hunter Pursuit. :wink:

6 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

From what I’ve seen, Kenobi seems to be the most anticipated out of all the Disney+ shows, and not just the Star Wars ones. Plus Lego hasn’t skipped any of the Star Wars shows so far, aside from Visions and some of the short-form content which don’t really count. If Resistance could get two sets, there is no way that these much bigger shows won’t get any. I’d be surprised if we didn’t get at least one set each by December.

7 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

You might be right, especially if we potentially get more Mandalorian sets like we are with the Dark Trooper Attack, there is a ton of stuff from season 2 we still haven't gotten and season 3 might be airing at the end of the year.

To be honest, I don’t think there’s a lot more Lego could realistically make from Season 2. The only set that really comes to mind is Cobb Vanth’s Speeder and, from Season One, some sort of set with Kuiil and a Blurrg. I’ve really liked most of The Mandalorian sets so far though, so I wouldn’t complain about getting more!

6 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

If Bd-1 rumor is true does it mean we will finally get Fallen order sets? Or sets based on its sequel? Mantis would be the best choice with Cal, Bd, Cere, Greeze and Second Sister for like 120$. I just hope with Bdset Lego designers realized how stupid their prior comments on game were.

I have to imagine they’ll want to use the new BD-1 mold in more than one set. Lego will definitely make up for not putting out Fallen Order stuff in 2019 or 2020 by putting out some stuff for the sequel this time around.

Edited by The Stud

52 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

I know for a fact that the gunship is coming. I don't know if it's going to be 37, but it's the set number that makes the most sense. 

Hmmm. 

Anyway, correct me if I’m wrong Eurobricks but we are missing the names for the following set numbers:

75325, 75331, 75334, 75338 75339, 75342. 

12 hours ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

Has anyone credible actually said that Kaminoans are coming, or is this just speculation running rampant here?

The Kaminoan, Jango's Slave 1, and other specifics are all speculation. If you read Promobricks article they state what they know for sure (Jedi Starfighter, Cad Bane's Ship, and BD-1) and then add some speculation on their part. They said they know an AT-TE is coming, but they don't know when. So it may not even be this wave for sure from what I understood.

9 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Unless it's a gunship along the lines of the recent downsized Slave 1, shuttle, TIE.... etc.... in which case I'll freak out and buy six.

4 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

.  I can't see them retiring the Boba version within a year, especially because I've barely even seen it on store shelves,

Pretty sure brickfanatics just updated their Retiring Set 2022 list to include it and posted it as a headline. And though its popular, it has been sat at discount in several UK sellers for a good long time.

To throw my hat in the ring on this hesitancy about animated content, I would point to the Bad Batch shuttle which seems to stick to store shelves like glue and again, sports a £20 discount at a lot of online sellers.

13 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Spoiler

Do you really think that it's few seconds of TBoBF screen time is enough to get a $100 plus set? It'll be based off Fallen Order, 100%

5 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:
  Hide contents

Do you really think that it's few seconds of TBoBF screen time is enough to get a $100 plus set? It'll be based off Fallen Order, 100%

I‘m talking about the minifig-scale one that’s rumoured to be included. They surely wouldn‘t create a new mould just for this set, if there‘s another one they could easily insert it too, right? :laugh:

4 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

They surely wouldn‘t create a new mould just for this set, if there‘s another one they could easily insert it too, right? :laugh:

Fennec's helmet says hello.