MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

9 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

And the 150th Brickhead is… Ahsoka :thumbup: Good choice :sweet:

Agreed, it is a good choice. Fan favourite, not been done before, and the montrals will hopefully make it a bit more of an interesting build than the standard Brickheadz. I have to assume they'll go for the TCW S7 look.

But no matter how she looks there's going to be tons of complaining ..

30 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Pretty excited if this is true. Don't have any brickheads, but I might have to pick this up (after voting for it). Great character and I hope it is her S7 appearance. 

8 minutes ago, 1974 said:

But no matter how she looks there's going to be tons of complaining ..

yup.

30 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Yes. A newer, iconic character that people actually like, as opposed to the most hated character in SW history. 

This and Mando/Grogu might be the first brickheadz I buy if the Snips one is well done. I can’t wait to hear the crying though. 

15 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

yup.

And I can understand the complaining if this was a 4" Kenner figure, but this is LEGO. Don't like it? Build something better yourself. Don't have the skills? Just wait for someone to do it "better" and download/buy the instructions

I’m not a huge Brickheadz fan, though I do have a couple of them including Mando and Grogu, but I’ll definitely get this one when it comes out. I love Ahsoka and I’m glad to get more representation of her in Lego.

Besides, Jar Jar would have been a really bad pick imo. Hasbro made a new Jar Jar Black Series figure this year and that turned out to be a massive pegwarmer. Meanwhile, Ahsoka is a fan favorite character and actually relevant right now, having just appeared in The Clone Wars and The Mandalorian, and will soon be getting her own show and will surely be appearing in other stuff as well.

Not a brickheadz fan, but Ahsoka is a great choice, fan favorite and she was in the mandalorian, the clone wars, rebels and she will have her own show so i am happy for Ahsoka fans and people that voted for it. I wish she is a clone wars design so we get our first prequel brickhead, but i won't really mind if she is from the mandalorian either cause i am not going to pick her up anyway, also hope they release data on what people voted for.

For people that will complain there is a site called rebrickable and you can literally get instructions for a ton of characters under 5$ if you are into brickhead type of stuff so no matter what you voted for it's not really worth fighting over. I would buy and be happy with Jar-Jar cause i love the phantom menace and it's my childhood, but i can definitely understand LEGO picking Ahsoka.

Ahsoka is a way better pick given her relevancy in the Disney Plus shows. This may be the first Brickhead I pick up, especially if they do an Anakin and Obi Wan pack later. 

This might have been mentioned before, but with the gunship, the speeder bikes missing just seems more apparent as they are in the cross section images featured in the front matter of the instruction manual...if they had slots for 2 with even just one of them filled...cherry on top of that set for me. 

Get ready for Mandr to be pissed off despite having no proof that Jar Jar had the most votes or any confirmation that the vote would be the actual set...

Here’s hoping Ahsoka stays in stock like Mando+Grogu. All the other Star Wars brickheadz were gone day 1 and never came back. I went through hell to get Vader and Leia.

44 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Here’s hoping Ahsoka stays in stock like Mando+Grogu. All the other Star Wars brickheadz were gone day 1 and never came back. I went through hell to get Vader and Leia.

TIL my boba fett brickheadz I got for $10 to bump my lego order up for the GWP back in 2018 is now worth nearly $40. :grin: 
 I doubt Ahsoka will have the same shelf life as Grogu, especially as a special edition set, but I don't think it'll be as tough to obtain as the original ones were. (the more I look at brickhead prices, the weirder it is. Rey and kylo are worth less than retail price, but ones like boba are 400%+ price increases secondhand)

48 minutes ago, BigA_7 said:

Get ready for Mandr to be pissed off despite having no proof that Jar Jar had the most votes or any confirmation that the vote would be the actual set...

"interview" with a fake lego designer that admits to hacking the site to avoid a jar jar brickheadz should upload within a day, lol. Still find that "LeGo ThInKs StAr WaRs FaNs aRe DuMb" title with that thumbnail hilarious, I haven't watched it but I can infer the content.

Finally got my Gunship delivered. With the advertised delays for shipping in North America, 9 days isn't too shabby, in my mind. Can't wait to build it and give my thoughts.

6 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Finally got my Gunship delivered. With the advertised delays for shipping in North America, 9 days isn't too shabby, in my mind. Can't wait to build it and give my thoughts.

Meanwhile my order hasn’t even shipped yet 😑 

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Still find that "LeGo ThInKs StAr WaRs FaNs aRe DuMb" title with that thumbnail hilarious, I haven't watched it but I can infer the content.

If it's the same one I'm thinking of,  it's actually pretty good, and he makes a point no one else noticed: the Gunship's official description mentions Star Wars: The Clone Wars, even though they clearly mean AOTC. Which is funny, but kinda lazy ngl.

Though a TCW version with closing doors would've been *chef's kiss* :purrr:

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Still find that "LeGo ThInKs StAr WaRs FaNs aRe DuMb" title with that thumbnail hilarious, I haven't watched it but I can infer the content.

Yeah, I used to enjoy his compare all the versions of a ship videos, but videos with thumb nails and titles like that assured I will stick to other youtubers for reviews from now on. Too be fair I'm that way with any youtuber/ blogger/ influencer that reviews anything, movies, comics etc, give me the pros, the cons, and calm well thought out criticisms/ analysis of what doesn't work for you.

(I'll also point out i did not watch that particular video, maybe its a calm well thought out critique of legos handling this situation that doesn't make sweeping assumptions about TLG designers and marketing team, but if I was a betting man)

In more relevant news, I built the Mando shuttle today. I love it, and the figs are pure chef's kiss, but man I wish Lego would start outlining dark blue pieces in the instructions a la the white outlines on black pieces. Those wings were rough to build, I definitely missed a 1x2 plate somewhere in the instructions on one wing. I've just stuck it on the bottom for now, i couldn't be bothered to disassemble the whole wing to locate a gap.

Edited by Archer

Ah, yes. Nothing says LEGO leaks 2021 discussion like MandRproductions slander for the 170th page out of 240.

34 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

Ah, yes. Nothing says LEGO leaks 2021 discussion like MandRproductions slander for the 170th page out of 240.

Is that set a store exclusive? I haven't found it anywhere. :sarcasm:

In other news, did anyone bother to pick up the Vader Chamber? I'm vaguely interested, but mostly for the figures. Which is absurd, I know, but Veers has a new torso print! :laugh:

3 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

Nothing says LEGO leaks 2021 discussion like MandRproductions slander

Nice choice of words there. He’s been posting random bs to the legoleaks hashtag on insta, it’s like he’s asking for it this time. 

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

(the more I look at brickhead prices, the weirder it is. Rey and kylo are worth less than retail price, but ones like boba are 400%+ price increases secondhand)

No way you could get Boba Fett prices for Rey of all people. The only sequel character worth a damn is Finch Dallow apparently.

5 hours ago, Archer said:

In more relevant news, I built the Mando shuttle today. I love it, and the figs are pure chef's kiss, but man I wish Lego would start outlining dark blue pieces in the instructions a la the white outlines on black pieces. Those wings were rough to build, I definitely missed a 1x2 plate somewhere in the instructions on one wing. I've just stuck it on the bottom for now, i couldn't be bothered to disassemble the whole wing to locate a gap.

Got to say, though I didn't exactly have trouble, I did find building the wings tedious and unenjoyable. After completing the first one, I had to reluctantly bring myself to continue on to the second, though the completed ship is worth it.

My Bo Katan's helmet is ever so slightly misprinted, with the top dark blue printing a little misaligned. From a distance it looks ok, but closer up it's annoying. I might request a replacement, but knowing the current printing standards the replacement is just as likely to have misaligned printing too.

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

He’s been posting random bs to the legoleaks hashtag on insta, it’s like he’s asking for it this time. 

Only thing i hate more than gossiping is when someone misuse legoleaks hashtag, keep doing what you were doing. 

4 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Is that set a store exclusive? I haven't found it anywhere. 

It's eurobricks exclusive :pir-tongue:

Called Lego and they said they’re working to get August 1st orders out today! So hopefully my order finally gets done. 

5 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Nice choice of words there. He’s been posting random bs to the legoleaks hashtag on insta, it’s like he’s asking for it this time. 

No way you could get Boba Fett prices for Rey of all people. The only sequel character worth a damn is Finch Dallow apparently.

I should also point out that he's just the most profilic, but tons of people flood #legoleaks and make clickbait videos, it's just that he's actually become successful doing that. The reason we all go after mandr instead of pongkrellhater501 or darthjarjar212 is because people actually see his posts, and he was influential enough to get a set made that wasn't even a fan vote (501). (though now that I've made up those usernames, I wouldn't mind a darth jar jar or death of pong krell set) :laugh:

Good point. Rey does have fans, but the little girls dressing up as her aren't the ones purchasing retired lego sets online, I suppose. 

3 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

It's eurobricks exclusive :pir-tongue:

I know this is a joke but I was suddenly struck with the horrifying thought of a set releasing on eurobricks, given how fast lego's servers crash with new sets and how often eurobricks crashes without... :laugh: