MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

As predicted, no preorder in Australia. LEGO has to have something against us at this point. Makes me not want to buy the set now, sending customer service an email right now and asking what’s up because I’ve lost count of how many times they’ve done this to us. 

Ship still looks on the small side but I like the design overall. The only thing I dislike about this set is Hunter’s hairpiece, but if I end up getting the set I’ll just leave the helmet on. I thought they would’ve used one of the Ninjago hairpieces with the headband moulded in, but now that I think about it those pieces probably aren’t accurate and I’m happy the new moulds went to the helmets instead of the hair. 

Those figures look phenomenal up close! They really went all out with this set! Glad the shuttle can seat four members of the team. I really wasn't expecting the interior to be as detailed as it is with those posters. The green speeder bike looks pretty nice but like everyone else could do without the BARC Speeder.

"Squad Leader who is definitely not another character" has a flesh head under there 👀

I really hope they did a new print for his face too, it's just weird that he doesn't have a hairpiece included like the others

2 minutes ago, ood0 said:

"Squad Leader who is definitely not another character" has a flesh head under there 👀

I really hope they did a new print for his face too, it's just weird that he doesn't have a hairpiece included like the others

He’s got the shortest, least visually interesting hair of the group, so I get it. Plus there had to be be something missing from the figs or this wouldn’t be an official TLG set :laugh:

Edited by hondohnaka

The standard classic male hairpiece in grey would probably work well for Crosshair, if he has a face. Not too difficult of a piece to acquire. 

At first I thought Wrecker had the armor piece introduced in a CMF series and later used by BvS Armored Batman. But it seems to be a new piece. I would've liked the use of that previous piece as it makes the entire torso quite bulky, but at least he still has a buff chest and it's nice that the new mold exists.

Edited by JekPorkchops

14 minutes ago, TeeNuggetTa said:

Oh my god, I'm absolutely blind. I thought Wreckers shoulders were like the Praetorian Guard piece.

Don't feel bad, I initially thought it was the cmf galaxy patrol shoulders despite clearly not having the very prominent collar that piece has

37 minutes ago, BigA_7 said:

oh OF COURSE the pre-order isn't there for Australia

It's not for Europe either, evidently.

4 minutes ago, Unknown Jedi Master said:

Why can’t I preorder the Bad Batch shuttle? Isn’t it possible in Europe? 

Guess not.
It is for the U.S., then?

I'm honestly still not sure whether I'm going to buy it :blush: 
The ship looks great and the minifigures are amazing, but do I want to spent €110 on it...?
I'll put it in my wishlist for now and think about it a little longer.
Hopefully the other SW sets will be revealed in the meantime and I can make a better informed decision.

Regards,
Mitch

Looks great. I really like the angles of the shuttle, including how they did the engine details / AFT gunnery station. 

Edited by McMurder_them_softly
Wording

Pre ordered can already see this and most of the other sets being out of stock in my stores instantly when the wave first drops.

i feel like hunter and crosshair could’ve used the tiny shoulder pads piece or backpacks they look just a bit off without them.

Edited by Displayedaction

So it seems lego has been very hesitant to show us the back of the shuttle...or maybe they just don’t feel they need to focus on it. In any case, I’m personally leaning towards no on this set unless it drops to like 70$ or less.

I can see it for pre-order in the US. It's $99. I thought the Razor Crest would be out-of-stock and hard to fine so I pre-ordered. Turned out Lego had plenty of stock. Not sad I pre-ordered. But just an encouragement that it'll probably be easy to get when it releases on Aug 1st.

7 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

I can see it for pre-order in the US. It's $99. I thought the Razor Crest would be out-of-stock and hard to fine so I pre-ordered. Turned out Lego had plenty of stock. Not sad I pre-ordered. But just an encouragement that it'll probably be easy to get when it releases on Aug 1st.

Yeah I think the January 1st wave and the Razor Crest/Vader’s Castle/501st situation was sort of the wakeup call for them bc the 66 Batmobile and the UCS-Style Discovery, two wildly popular sets that WILL have immense resale value and can command ridiculous prices on EBay, were available for almost a full day after release before going to backorder like any other new product. I still am genuinely worried about Gideon’s cruiser specifically because I have a weird feeling that’ll be a difficult one to get my hands on. Hopefully they’ve at least somewhat fixed the bot issue tho. 

Edited by hondohnaka

Wow, what a set! In a perfect world, Echo would have a kama, Hunter would have a backpack, and Crosshair would have a new P2 helmet mould with a rangefinder.

Regardless, Lego have knocked this out of the park, the minifigures are gorgeous and whilst the shuttle could have been much better, I appreciate the seating space and small touches like those posters. Very excited indeed to order the whole summer wave from S@H on day 1. 

Someone on r/LSW pointed out Tech’s visor probably can’t move. Are there any pics out there of it down bc looking at the way it’s molded I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re right, which would suck. 

10 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Someone on r/LSW pointed out Tech’s visor probably can’t move. Are there any pics out there of it down bc looking at the way it’s molded I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re right, which would suck. 

Yeah, I think they're right. There isn't any gap indicating that it can move down on the mold

39 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

So it seems lego has been very hesitant to show us the back of the shuttle...or maybe they just don’t feel they need to focus on it. In any case, I’m personally leaning towards no on this set unless it drops to like 70$ or less.

You can see the back on the "3-D" video on shop.lego.com.

30 minutes ago, T21Typhoon said:

Wow, what a set! In a perfect world, Echo would have a kama

This makes me worried about potential clone captains/commanders in the future. Imagine if we finally get an updated Rex only for him to have that silly kama print just on the front of his legs.

1 minute ago, Stefanisimo said:

This makes me worried about potential clone captains/commanders in the future. Imagine if we finally get an updated Rex only for him to have that silly kama print just on the front of his legs.

And then Lego will make a statement saying they “LoSt ThE MoLd FoR tHe KaMa” I’m probably going to buy/make them custom ones anyway but yeah it would have been nice for them to include that. 

I'm fine with printed karmas, though I'd prefer if the sides of the legs were printed as well.

I'm under the impression that Lego's current rationale is whether or not a minifig is meant to be placed in or on a vehicle. That would exlain why Echo and the snowtroopers in the recent AT-AT have printed karmas and Airborne Trooper in Grievous' Starfighter doesn't.

I'd prefer a consistent solution, though.