MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Oh boy, that us actually exciting. 

If they include 3 different Mandalorians (even with Mando), then it's probably a must-buy.

Unless they do something like The Armorer and 2 Stormtroopers, like they did with Greef Karga set.

Exciting news :moar: Good to see they finally decided to go all-in with Mando, releasing three sets in the same wave :wub: 3 Mandos being included is a bit of a pipe-dream though; replacing Paz with a Stormie for the Armourer to massacre sounds like a more realistic scenario to me :tongue:

1 hour ago, CF Mitch said:

Interesting news about the Mandalorian Forge! I hope it includes lots of Beskar tiles :excited:

Indeed, sign me up! Not including them would be downright silly. What is a forge without any forgeable material 

12 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Crosshair is the power broker confirmed.

Same here, I cannot wait to buy this. I've got gift cards I've been saving anyway, and this seems like as good a time as any to use it.

Is it even still a spoiler if official merchandise like the black series figure outright confirms it?

It's a set discussion forum, we're discussing a set that has all of the bad batch except crosshair, as well as an imperial character with what looks like crosshair's helmet. They aren't really hiding it.

12 hours ago, Stefanisimo said:

Exactly this.

If they didn't want people discussing that, they wouldn't have left out Crosshair from the trailer like they did. He's nowhere to be seen when they are escaping from Kamino, when they're with Rex and Saw. If pretty much every piece of promotional material looks like this, then we can't really pretend like they didn't want to plant this seed beforehand. pretty much summed up my situation on it. 

Brikkyy13 pretty much summed up my situation.

I watched the clone wars series, saw the trailers and look forward to the new series. Didn't much notice the lack of crosshair, which could easily be explained out by them protecting a plot or spoiler (as is true), which could be anything. He might have died, or got injured, or sent off on some secret mission or anything.... Absolutely anything.

I'm not heavily invested in the characters outside of the clone wars shows (comics or random other stuff), have a semi-crap memory so while I remember their cool helmets, I don't remember the rest of their outfits. To which point;

9 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

or whatever, but the fact that

Reveal hidden contents

Crosshair is wearing a black uniform and the others are shooting at him

is plainly visible just from looking at the box.

The only pic I can find doesn't show detail enough to clearly define he has a black imperial officer uniform. It's just dark. Similar to the rest (apart from the one on the left). Additionally, the lower 2 figs aren't even aiming at each other, they're clearly shooting somewhere infront of each other. Only the top left one looks like he's shooting at crosshair, and that could easily be forgiven for simply being adding in shooting action graphic visuals seeing as the other 2 are just stood there, and the bottom 2 aren't clearly aimed directly at each other but potentially at off screen enemies. 

So, nope, the box art doesnt clearly show it. 

Unless, there's a high res out there that shows the uniform. 

Look, I get it... At some point, the bad batch lego set would spoil it at some point, singlehandedly by the imperial uniformed crosshair, that once high res images come out would give *something* away. Who's not to say he's simply gone under cover? We get plenty of figs in star wars of characters in undercover... Leia Boushh, Han in stormtroopers, luke in stormtrooper outfit... A BadBatch character in imperial uniform doesn't spell 'traitor'. Given their mission scopes, one could easily assume at some point they go undercover and have to wear other uniforms.... 

But it's the attitude of righteousness some people feel to go spell everything out, referencing non lego things as justification when, I, and other people, don't look at anything outside of lego....

Back on topic, 

If this forge rumour is true, I'm dead set looking forward to how they'll do the armourer. 

Additionally, I fully agree with @Alex_South, the fact they've included all bad batch figures is an immensely great effort compared to the splitting up of the knights of ren... 

One set and you have all the characters you need to carry out any action scene with them all in it? That's a win for the fans. The level of detail of the helmets looks to be impressive. The shuttle, I think once you look past the cockpit piece, is actually a pretty decent set. It's certainly one I'll probably end up getting, which considering all that interested me previously was the 501st and aat sets, is a nice change. 

Edited by Fuppylodders

12 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

[...] the fact they've included all bad batch figures is an immensely great effort compared to the splitting up of the knights of ren... 

Couldn’t agree more. The only small things that would’ve improved the set in this regard would be to

1) include OG Crosshair, and

2) release the speeders as their own set, preferably with one of the new Elite Squad Troopers, which are still absent.

I’m still hopeful for a set with one of those troopers plus OG Crosshair and Omega further down the line, but this may take a while :classic: Jan 2022 anyone? 

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

4 hours ago, Alex_South said:

The hair piece would be great, and a set of those bendable short legs that harry potter has been hogging all this time.

Besides when Padme stole a pair for that Podracer set you mean? :tongue: (Not to mention the few other themes they've popped up in now, but funniest that they have been used in SW given the context)

23 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Couldn’t agree more. The only small things that would’ve improved the set in this regard would be to

1) include OG Crosshair, and

2) release the speeders as their own set, preferably with one of the new Elite Squad Troopers, which are still absent.

I’m still hopeful for a set with one of those troopers plus OG Crosshair and Omega further down the line, but this may take a while :classic: Jan 2022 anyone? 

Same here, except I can understand why they included the speeders (playability etc). I'd rather as many others do, they'd spent the part count of the speeders on the ship, but then would we be getting back into the territory of highly detailed sets for expensive price? (at this point, its already got its price point and considering it includes all 5 bad batch, I'd easily drop the money on a higher detailed ship...) 

I think star wars lego is about to have a reawakening with extremely interesting and high quality sets. Something just felt 'off' with the majority of their episode 8/9 sets. However, it feels like right from the get-go, Mandalorian sets are spot on and I feel we're about to get a lot more decent quality sets/minifig choices. 

Sure, the speeders were mainly included to create a conflict scenario, which is probably also why they went with that particular version of Crosshair :classic: I get that, but I still would’ve preferred to have it split into two sets :grin: Not every set needs to include a villainous / antagonistic character

1 hour ago, Fuppylodders said:

Something just felt 'off' with the majority of their episode 8/9 sets.

In my opinion, TLJ and TROS both had a lot of great sets dedicated to them :sweet: What bothered me more during the last few years was the onslaught of uninspired OT remakes plagued with boring minifigs, with some notable exceptions of course

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Sure, the speeders were mainly included to create a conflict scenario, which is probably also why they went with that particular version of Crosshair :classic: I get that, but I still would’ve preferred to have it split into two sets :grin: Not every set needs to include a villainous / antagonistic character

In my opinion, TLJ and TROS both had a lot of great sets dedicated to them :sweet: What bothered me more during the last few years was the onslaught of uninspired OT remakes plagued with boring minifigs, with some notable exceptions of course

The sequels sets were a mixed bag like any other era’s sets. Kylo’s shuttle and the X-wings were gorgeous, but then the headless AT-ST was a thing. I feel like people are super either-or when it comes to judging waves. 

The Forge set sounds nice! Makes sense with the new Mandalorian helmet moulds of the wave. That Armourer is going to look hella good I expect. 

Obviously we have not seen pictures but this wave sounds fantastic. Definitely a step forward. 

The episode 8/9 waves were good set wise but for me I was not invested in the movies hence I was not interested in the sets. 

Many of us love the Clone Wars and The Mandalorian hence we get excited by potential sets. 

45 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Many of us love the Clone Wars and The Mandalorian hence we get excited by potential sets. 

I love all of it, which is why I prefer variety and all SW properties being treated equally (and the reason why the 1HY sets were such a letdown to me). There are still some unsighty gaps in our collections that need to be filled, especially in the two spin-offs films, the animated shows besides TCW, the PT, and TROS. Some of these are unlikely to be revisited (Rebels and Resistance in particular), but expanding on TCW S7 and Mando is definitely a step in the right direction :laugh:

I'm very happy to hear about the forge! The Armorer is guaranteed, hopefully Paz Visla is one of the other 2 figures and probably Din Djarin. I would greatly prefer that to a couple of boring Stormtroopers. I can't wait to see what it looks like but it'll be a must-have regardless.

Sorry about the enormity of the picture (maybe I should've put it in a spoiler bracket for size reasons). 

But I'm hoping tlc don't give both these characters the same new helmet mould … though it'd be better than printing the horns on the normal mando helmet piece (printed horns might work for the armourer but not for Saxon)

The Armorer has a horned helmet like Gar Saxon of Maul's Death Watch. Do  you think Maul's group is what the "Children of the Watch" came from? :  TheMandalorianTV

8 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Sorry about the enormity of the picture (maybe I should've put it in a spoiler bracket for size reasons). 

But I'm hoping tlc don't give both these characters the same new helmet mould … though it'd be better than printing the horns on the normal mando helmet piece (printed horns might work for the armourer but not for Saxon)

The Armorer has a horned helmet like Gar Saxon of Maul's Death Watch. Do  you think Maul's group is what the "Children of the Watch" came from? :  TheMandalorianTV

Landino, Falcon and Fulcrum have all heavily implied it’s the same piece. What we’re probably getting is a mid-length horn that doesn’t angle like Saxon’s but is also longer then the Armorer’s that they will then use for every Mandalorian character that doesn’t just wear a nicely graffitid bucket on their head for all time. 

11 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

But I'm hoping tlc don't give both these characters the same new helmet mould …

Of course the horns look very different in the source material, but I could see them creating a mould that‘s somewhere in the middle in terms of the length of the horns. The armourer‘s are too subtle for an accurate minifig-sized helmet, so pronouncing them to the point the mould could reasonably fit Saxon too without being exaggerated should be possible :classic:

Edit: Ninja‘d by Hondo, d‘oh

I had written a whole thing out about why two molds is possible, but then others replied before me debunking that :laugh:

Carry on then!

It did make me think, though, if there's any Dark Troopers in the Arquitens, would those require a new mold?  I think it'd be nice, but I also think it'd be passable if they re-colored the Death Trooper helmet and made the eyes red.

Edited by Kit Figsto

1 minute ago, Kit Figsto said:

I think it'd be nice, but I also think it'd be passable if they re-colored the Death Trooper helmet and made the eyes red.

Don‘t give them any ideas :laugh_hard: After the penny-pinching 1HY waves, I say new moulds ahoy! :drool:

5 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Landino, Falcon and Fulcrum have all heavily implied it’s the same piece. What we’re probably getting is a mid-length horn that doesn’t angle like Saxon’s but is also longer then the Armorer’s that they will then use for every Mandalorian character that doesn’t just wear a nicely graffitid bucket on their head for all time. 

3 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Of course the horns look very different in the source material, but I could see them creating a mould that‘s somewhere in the middle in terms of the length of the horns. The armourer‘s are too subtle for an accurate minifig-sized helmet, so pronouncing them to the point the mould could reasonably fit Saxon too without being exaggerated should be possible :classic:

Well somewhere in-between for both of them would look much better than the Armourer with Gar sized horns or vice-versa.

I was thinking, just based on what I could see, that maybe if we got a dark trooper head mold, we could get whatever those white droids in the Bad Batch trailer. Does anyone else think they look familiar?

42 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

I had written a whole thing out about why two molds is possible, but then others replied before me debunking that :laugh:

Carry on then!

It did make me think, though, if there's any Dark Troopers in the Arquitens, would those require a new mold?  I think it'd be nice, but I also think it'd be passable if they re-colored the Death Trooper helmet and made the eyes red.

Their head piece is a lot smaller then a dark trooper’s helmet so for accuracy’s sake I’d say it should have a new mold but knowing Lego I doubt it. 

43 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

This post…is no longer…PROFITABLE! 

23 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

This post…is no longer…PROFITABLE! 

:laugh_hard:

The forge is a great choice for a set, and with hindsight it seems so obvious that that would've been the retailer exclusive. Not sure I'll pick it up, but is there a chance the third figure could be one of the Aqualish from the start of S2E4 (I think)? The mold for those exist now thanks to the Mos Eisley set...

1 hour ago, Kit Figsto said:

I think the airborne trooper helmet mold is pretty close so I would expect them to use that, although a new one would be nice.

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

Huh Ryan just confirmed the third fig in the Armory set is Paz. Dope! Hopefully they use Wrecker’s armor for him bc that would be perfect. Alternatively I’ve seen a lot of customs using the heavy armor piece from Chima. That has studs on the back where you can clip on a gun/jetpack and could also work really well. 

Edited by hondohnaka

Assuming we are indeed getting Paz Viszla, I think it's less likely that Mando is included, otherwise he'd be on shelves in five different sets at once (Trouble on Tatooine, Razor Crest, Arquitens, presumably the AT-ST will still be on shelves this summer, and then the Forge set).  Plus, including a Stormtrooper or Flametrooper or something gives more playability .  That said, I was probably going to get the set regardless, but that's definitely a must-buy, if nothing else just to get Paz Viszla and the Armorer, since I don't see them being included in anything else (come to think of it, did they appear at all in S2?).

Now we just need Kuiil and maybe an Offworld Jawa, then everybody major from S1 will be covered!  

Edited by Kit Figsto

Man, I hope this one is true. I've been wanting a minifigure for the Armorer since they started releasing Mandalorian sets. Paz minifigure would be nice as well as the collection of Mandalorians grows on my shelf. :excited:

Paz would be really nice but the Armorer alone is enough to get me to pick it up. That reminds me, I still need to pick up the Beskar Mando set. I guess I should wait and see if he and Grogu come in this set, but I highly doubt that'll be the case since Beskar Mando will already be in two other sets and Grogu doesn't make a ton of sense depending on which scene it's based off.

Oh, they are doing Post Viszla? Guess I should've seen this coming, lego seems to love Mandalorian variants