MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

12 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

but seriously this is getting strange 

Why, exactly? There are plenty of sets that LEGO could scale to fit the $30 price point. 

I apologize if this was discussed earlier. In the news thread there are 2 GWP listed:

40451 - Tatooine Homestead (May the 4th/UCS R2-D2)

Imperial Star Destroyer GWP - Imperial Officer - 396 pieces

Is it confirmed that Tatooine comes only with the UCS R2-D2? This would be disappointing, as the previous GWP (Hoth, Endor, DSII) came for all SW purchases.

What about the ISD? Is it also May or later in 2021?

58 minutes ago, storskogen said:

I apologize if this was discussed earlier. In the news thread there are 2 GWP listed:

40451 - Tatooine Homestead (May the 4th/UCS R2-D2)

Imperial Star Destroyer GWP - Imperial Officer - 396 pieces

Is it confirmed that Tatooine comes only with the UCS R2-D2? This would be disappointing, as the previous GWP (Hoth, Endor, DSII) came for all SW purchases.

I would assume that the Tatooine Homestead is for $75 and above purchases based on previous years. Although, I don't believe that we've had any confirmation on this. As for the Star Destroyer, MandR said that it's a very loose rumor on his stream last week. It is possible that it might not be true

Edited by avengers777

2 hours ago, storskogen said:

I haven't heard about that one from any reliable sources, and we've never had a star wars S@H promo with an actual build and figures in the same promo before (unless you count the weird vader pod or obi-wan with a stand), so I'm inclined to think this one may not be legit.

26 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I haven't heard about that one from any reliable sources, and we've never had a star wars S@H promo with an actual build and figures in the same promo before (unless you count the weird vader pod or obi-wan with a stand), so I'm inclined to think this one may not be legit.

I may be wrong, but I think one of the bigger leakers like Fulcrum or FF confirmed it....I might be misremembering something though.

6 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Why, exactly? There are plenty of sets that LEGO could scale to fit the $30 price point. 

It’s just odd to me that they haven’t gone with the obvious choices and we still don’t know what it is. Hopefully it’s something cool tho 

Didn’t we already go over the ISD rumor a few pages back? I think someone pointed out that it originated from a known liar on Instagram.

I feel like at this point, unless it's one of the handful of proven, credible IG leaders (Falconfan, Landino, etc), it's best to just assume anything you see on there is BS.  If you go onto #legoleaks, 95% of everything there is a mix of stuff entirely unrelated to LEGO, random MOCs and things that people (for some reason) have started using that tag for, or stuff that "news" accounts just repost from the reliable leakers and/or stuff from this forum, promobricks, stonewars, or other blogs.  I'm not saying that the ISD is true or false, I'm just saying to probably take any rumor with a grain of salt unless it's someone that you know is both reliable and is an originator of leaks, not someone that just reposts leaked info.  

13 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

I feel like at this point, unless it's one of the handful of proven, credible IG leaders (Falconfan, Landino, etc), it's best to just assume anything you see on there is BS.  If you go onto #legoleaks, 95% of everything there is a mix of stuff entirely unrelated to LEGO, random MOCs and things that people (for some reason) have started using that tag for, or stuff that "news" accounts just repost from the reliable leakers and/or stuff from this forum, promobricks, stonewars, or other blogs.  I'm not saying that the ISD is true or false, I'm just saying to probably take any rumor with a grain of salt unless it's someone that you know is both reliable and is an originator of leaks, not someone that just reposts leaked info.  

I remember the glory days of #legoleaks before the dark times. 

The ISD seems like such a lame promo its probably true tho:laugh:

On 4/2/2021 at 7:30 AM, mirkwoodspiders said:

Yep, pretty frustrating but if it makes the game the best it can be, I'm willing to wait a bit longer. At this point, I'm preparing myself for a fall 2022 release so as to prevent further disappointment. :laugh:

Yeah, just remember a late release would be better than a buggy product like the Avengers game

On 4/3/2021 at 9:36 AM, JekPorkchops said:

Concerning the helmets of the Bad Batch, I think Hunter and Echo could probably use the existing Phase II helmet with new printing. Wrecker could use the Mandalorian helmet if no new mould will be introduced for him. Crosshair could use the Flametrooper helmet with new printing, but then he would not have a rangefinder. Only Tech truly needs a new mould. 

I’m curious how they’ll do Wrecker. I wonder if they’ll do him like Hagred

On 4/1/2021 at 1:57 PM, hondohnaka said:

Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest. Two of them need new molds (Tech and Wrecker, maybe Crosshair depending) and Lego won’t even put a visor hole on a P2 helmet let alone make two new single-use helmets. 

On 4/1/2021 at 10:42 PM, Stuartn said:

Great. I didn't have much interest in this set anyway, but if TLG do not include the helmets, it would be nonsensical. Considering the amount of pointless single use moulds in lacklustre sequel and Solo sets, it would seem odd that this set, which would surely sell like hotcakes, would not include them, especially when they could have just recycled older helmet pieces for three, and used two inaccurate pieces for the others.

If anything the Bad Batch will probably go incognito in the show, not wearing their helmets all the time. I would think that the shuttle should be the place where they would actually be wearing them

2 hours ago, Captain_MKA said:

Yeah, just remember a late release would be better than a buggy product like the Avengers game

If anything the Bad Batch will probably go incognito in the show, not wearing their helmets all the time. I would think that the shuttle should be the place where they would actually be wearing them

Wrecker isn’t that much taller then the others acc to Wookiepedia, which claims he’s 1.98 meters or 6 foot 5. Vader’s 7 feet and gets a regular fig. Same will probably be true for Wrecker. 

4 hours ago, legolandia said:

Does anyone know if the Poe dameron minifigure in set 75297 is unique to that set please?

No it's not unique; it's the same figure that was in 75149, but with just the helmet and not the hairpiece. :classic:

4 hours ago, Captain_MKA said:

They could probably bulk Wrecker up a bit with some sort of armor piece, but I think he works fine as a normal minifig.

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

No it's not unique; it's the same figure that was in 75149, but with just the helmet and not the hairpiece. :classic:

Thank you. I have 75149 so thankfully I dont have to buy this one. :classic:

1 hour ago, BigGuy4U said:

They could probably bulk Wrecker up a bit with some sort of armor piece, but I think he works fine as a normal minifig.

Agreed. It will really suck if they don't because printing alone doesn't adequately adress the difference in size. They don't even need a new puece, the existing space marine body armor piece works perfectly. It wouldn't be the first time LEGO dropped the ball on this though.

On 4/3/2021 at 11:36 AM, JekPorkchops said:

Concerning the helmets of the Bad Batch, I think Hunter and Echo could probably use the existing Phase II helmet with new printing. Wrecker could use the Mandalorian helmet if no new mould will be introduced for him. Crosshair could use the Flametrooper helmet with new printing, but then he would not have a rangefinder. Only Tech truly needs a new mould. 

I think that Wrecker could also use the Flametrooper helmet - I think I did a render when that episode came out. I'll try to find it and make a new post if I do. I remember using that helmet and it looked fine.

6 hours ago, Captain_MKA said:

In the trailer, it does show Hunter dressed in civilian clothes on what seems to be Coruscant.

3 hours ago, legolandia said:

Thank you. I have 75149 so thankfully I dont have to buy this one. :classic:

I'm the other way around. :laugh: 

Building the new X-Wing tonight and just finished the Technic S-foil mechanism. It really is a thing of beauty; a complex build that hides the underlying simplicity of lift-arms pivoting against each other to make it all work.

On 3/27/2021 at 9:36 AM, Eaglefan344 said:

It's supposed to be the exact same as the old one. 

Really? hmmm interesting thanks for the info! :D

33 minutes ago, GermanLad said:

Really? hmmm interesting thanks for the info! :D

To update that info, in the weeks since that comment we got an image of the head from a lego designer video and it is not the same as the old one.

37 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

To update that info, in the weeks since that comment we got an image of the head from a lego designer video and it is not the same as the old one.

If i'm not mistaken, i also think the piece count is just a tad higher as well. 200+ maybe? 

7 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

If i'm not mistaken, i also think the piece count is just a tad higher as well. 200+ maybe? 

Yes, I believe that was also leaked by a few people.

I have it from a reliable source that the Tatooine Homestead GWP will be with purchases of $85 or higher. Not tied to a specific set.

2 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

I have it from a reliable source that the Tatooine Homestead GWP will be with purchases of $85 or higher. Not tied to a specific set.

Sounds good that it is not tied to a specific set. Do you know by any change if there will be also double VIP-points for Star Wars sets?