Looks like it'll only be $160AUD or so, which is a relief given the lack of a gearbox. I don't like that there isn't one, and the sticker headlights seem lazy, but hey I wasn't gonna get this set anyway. I'd have preferred something closer to an actual trophy truck. In any case, it looks like a decent shelf queen.

Clear images are out. This set is essentially a fancy licensed version of 42029. Rear arches are printed.

LEGO-Technic-42126-F-150-Raptor-lifestyl

95c8ff77-018a-4b48-bc38-294dfa4aa46d.5e6

683e5b74-f9d5-4367-95be-17c2b0eafe1e.891

710110f4-6225-40b8-b967-45596e557b35.1a1

115b3c18-3fa0-4c62-858d-175e9ad5640b.83b

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

I said it before and I’ll say it again. It’s completely and utterly disappointing IMO. I don’t even think they did a great job on the design, and all the stickers just make it that much worse. 

At least the price isn’t horrible.

Not doing it for me. Looks decent, but it is not interesting enough for my taste. Hard pass for me.

From promobricks.de

In production since 1948, the Ford F-Series is an enduring symbol of quality and functionality. Now you can pay tribute to the 'workhorse' of the pickup world as you recreate all the details of Ford's 2021 F-150 pickup truck with this LEGO Technic Ford F-150 Raptor (42126) building set. As well as providing an immersive LEGO building challenge for adults, this set makes a perfect gift for yourself or anyone who loves the Ford F-Series.

There are 4 opening doors, so you can easily admire the interior, along with an opening hood and truck bed. After spending quality time on this project, you can place your collectible model on display to celebrate your passion for pickups. Explore the world of engineering LEGO Technic sets feature true-to-life movement and mechanisms that let LEGO builders explore engineering concepts in an approachable and realistic way.

• Pay tribute to the 'workhorse' of pickup trucks as you build the LEGO Technic Ford F-150 Raptor 42126 
  • Enjoy an immersive LEGO Technic building project that's perfect for adults, then explore the pickup truck model's many features and functions 
  • Authentic details, inspired by the real Ford F-150 Raptor pickup truck, include the model's V6 engine with moving pistons, plus suspension on all wheels 
  • Check out the realistic interior details, plus 4 opening doors, an opening hood and truck bed 
  • After completing the relaxing building challenge, you'll love displaying your collectible LEGO Technic Ford F-150 model

Ooo. An 18+ Technic set with a HOG steering! Whoa! Thanks Lego, that's (slightly) a good sign for future...hmm

Overall, does not look that bad to me.

Edited by thekoRngear

Designer was tired, it seems, when he got to front - just put some panels and stickers. It could have been done pretty well with bricks (especially front lights), halfbeams.

Interesting, how front suspension is done, it there are these parts

250x250p.jpg?1610893831.7546158

8 hours ago, eric trax said:

It's RWD... lol :pir-murder:

Ford don't even make the Raptor as a 2wd, right?

Edited by amorti

Well McLaren doesn't make the Senna in 1WD either so I think we can say TLG doesn't care. But honestly I don't think fitting a front Diff and a lockable center diff would be too much to expect if there isn't even a gearbox inside.

The model doesn't look too bad to me, but the lack of interesting technical functions makes it very doubtful I would buy it.

It does seem to have pretty nice ground clearance and lots of open space, so making it RC for offroad driving could be cool...

2 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

I don't know if it was already mentioned, but I just spotted the 27940 connector in black color at the top of the windshield. Finally.

It is normal dbg. the black pin is more visible in the hole

Loving how they put orange pins in the black running boards, and the usual nice shiny blue ones in the orange front fender.

1 hour ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

It is normal dbg. the black pin is more visible in the hole

You might be right *oh2* that would be very cheap, the connector there clearly should be black

I know my eyes have some problems with color reception,  telling certain colors apart, but I never had problems with black or gray?!

Is it just me or does the 27940 connector look very black here

Raptor%202.png

But less black here?

Raptor%201.png

I think there was some kind of filter on the pics to cover up the color differences. I just compared with real bricks and the color difference is night and day there :look:

Edited by Gray Gear

Well, not every set can be a $400 beast with every function. They have to offer a range of different sizes and price points as well. So for what it is, it's not too bad. It pretty much matches its price. It's nice to see hand of God is included. It's also nice to see proper pistons. Making the driver's steering wheel also functional and adding 4wd would have been nice and probably not affected the price that much. But I get they chose to reach a cheaper price.

But what I don't get is the marketing. This looks like a set aimed for 10+ I'd say. And it's not a boring bunch of flowers, it's a cool pick up, so why wouldn't kids like it? The 18+, the black box, the line "perfect for adults", this doesn't match the model and might be what is driving some dissatisfaction. 

If they need to be told once again what the perfect model for adults would be, it would have Ackerman steering geometry, caster, camber and kingpin angles, less sloppyness in the steering, different front wishbones that look much more like the real ones, working cabin steering as well as hand of God, 4 wheel drive, speed transmission with new parts to enable more realism (not just functionally realistic but actually mechanically realistic) and reliability over the defender gearbox, transfer box, a drive train that is laid out realistically (so no gearbox stuffed in the back via universal joints), slimmer rear axle and no colour coding. THAT'S what I would brand a "perfect model for adults". 42126 is not that, and seemingly never intended to be that. So why does TLG keep insisting that it is when most adults can clearly see that it's more of a 10+ kit. And don't get me wrong, for a 10+ kit and being priced the way it is, it really isn't that bad of a set. The hand of God, the proper piston engine, and if the suspension is tuned right, it'll be a simple, relaxing build that's fun to drive around. It's not a bad set, but TLG needs to realise this kind of set, with its colour coding and mechanical similarly to other 10+ sets isn't what adults have been asking for. 

EDIT: but perhaps TLG knows this, that the whole 18+ thing is actually aimed at kids that want to feel like they are building something that's meant for adults. I can understand that sentiment, but kids aren't stupid when it comes to their interests. 

Edited by allanp

1 hour ago, Gray Gear said:

I don't know if it was already mentioned, but I just spotted the 27940 connector in black color at the top of the windshield. Finally.

The first picture posted by @Ngoc Nguyen almost 100% certainly shows a difference in shade between the black #3 connectors and the 27940 connector. Sadly it appears to still be DBG...

1 hour ago, rener said:

t does seem to have pretty nice ground clearance

Look at the back of the box and rear axle. GC is far from beeing nice.

@allanp I think we talked about this already, the 18+ line is definitely not for "experienced adult Technic builders", it is for "adults who casually build LEGO for display and have the money to buy the sets".

23 minutes ago, kbalage said:

"adults who casually build LEGO for display and have the money to buy the sets".

I'm that type.

30 minutes ago, kbalage said:

@allanp I think we talked about this already, the 18+ line is definitely not for "experienced adult Technic builders", it is for "adults who casually build LEGO for display and have the money to buy the sets".

Yes but those adults know they are building a kids toy, and that's completely fine, I do the same. I recently bought an X-maxx (intended for 14+) and been having lots of fun with that. I'm just saying the raptor is a good 10+ set and doesn't really feel like it's for adults, though of course there are some that will enjoy it regardless, which is cool.

8 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

683e5b74-f9d5-4367-95be-17c2b0eafe1e.891

As others have said, I don't think this is a good move for Lego.  I still think they offer the best product for this market (plastic building blocks) but IMO I believe they are losing their identity and the margin between them and their competitors is shrinking.  I have been open about this in the past; I still buy Lego but I am looking into other products as well (CaDa, etc.).  

Many of their sets are becoming visionless and clear attempts to just raid our packets.  I think the days of caring for education and product quality are over.  

The poor quality or pandering of their sets I guess is not totally their fault.  After all, people will buy this stuff.  Actually, I think this set will be a huge hit - and unfortunately I think that says as much, if not more about us (not here on this site but consumers overall) than it does about TLG.  

But they eat it up. The money and attention. TLG has become your typical Westernized mega-business who gives up quality for quantity and shareholder attention.  I think the image above says alot.  Certainly a political statement.  When did TLG get into making political statements?  When it become popular to do so - thats when.  A genderless, or at least gender-neutral individual playing with their product.  Which, don't get me wrong, I have NO problem with gender-neutral or trans individuals but pasting such an image up there, to sell a truck (stereotypical male thing) during a time that it is exactly popular to do so (and really has not been done in the past) really shows me what TLG cares about.  It places appearance and market perception clearly above the product it actually puts out there.  So much time was probably spent on marketing this thing that not enough time and resources were left over to actually do it right.....

Edited by nerdsforprez