44 minutes ago, 1gor said:

You have to realize that there also number of us who are software developers and want to have simple things and this over depending on technology will not end in any good. You have to accept that people who want to have simple and peaceful life have right to it and hobby should fun and relaxing.

If people need/want simple don’t buy a C+ set then moan on a C+ kit thread about it. It is what it is. 42131 is a great build and along with 42100 it sets a new standard for playability and aesthetic finish for technic flagships. By the way people complain each release I wonder why they are here to start with

25 minutes ago, Richombx said:

If people need/want simple don’t buy a C+ set then moan on a C+ kit thread about it. It is what it is. 42131 is a great build and along with 42100 it sets a new standard for playability and aesthetic finish for technic flagships. By the way people complain each release I wonder why they are here to start with

Partially you're right. But people often complain that this C+ sets are highly expensive because of "new" technology

14 minutes ago, 1gor said:

Partially you're right. But people often complain that this C+ sets are highly expensive because of "new" technology

I believe the main reason for the high cost of C+ sets is that inflation is running high these days and all kinds of stuff is much more expensive now than couple of years ago. The reasons for that are far beyond TLG's control and reflect the economic state of the world, and TLG too has to adjust. 42100 was released before the current economic flux started, so it indeed is much less expensive if you do a direct side-by-side comparison of the contents relative to price.

It's true though, that PU stuff has a lot of development cost to cover as a system and the individual sets also involve more development costs, as there's all the set-specific coding and interface stuff which, I'm sure, requires a lot of testing before it can be released so in that sense a PU set indeed would be somewhat more expensive than equivalent PF set.

@howitzer IMHO looks more and more that this pandemic was invented to make even bigger differences between poor and rich and LEGO is just following this trend of (meaningless) inflation from food (example did you ever asked yourself what is with carrots that are less than 10cm long?),  real estate (best example that I 100% know is Zagreb - tens of thousands empty apartments and price per square meter is rising and rising...), energy - higher taxes for spending on fiasco of humanity called investment in green energy (not to mention that almost every "western" state is giving billions of euro for so-called NGOs)...and no wonder LEGO is getting expensive; probably change away from ABS doesn't come cheap ... So yes you got that right, but all this market without reasonable control will collapse and good question is how many of us here will be even thinking about LEGO (not to mention of dream of buying sets)?

51 minutes ago, 1gor said:

@howitzer IMHO looks more and more that this pandemic was invented to make even bigger differences between poor and rich and LEGO is just following this trend of (meaningless) inflation from food (example did you ever asked yourself what is with carrots that are less than 10cm long?),  real estate (best example that I 100% know is Zagreb - tens of thousands empty apartments and price per square meter is rising and rising...), energy - higher taxes for spending on fiasco of humanity called investment in green energy (not to mention that almost every "western" state is giving billions of euro for so-called NGOs)...and no wonder LEGO is getting expensive; probably change away from ABS doesn't come cheap ... So yes you got that right, but all this market without reasonable control will collapse and good question is how many of us here will be even thinking about LEGO (not to mention of dream of buying sets)?

I believe the reasons for the current state of world economy is beyond the scope of this discussion (or this forum). Whatever the reasons might be, the fact stands that there's significant inflation going on and Lego prices will reflect that.

5 minutes ago, howitzer said:

I believe the reasons for the current state of world economy is beyond the scope of this discussion (or this forum). Whatever the reasons might be, the fact stands that there's significant inflation going on and Lego prices will reflect that.

Well nothing is happening by itself, nothing is coincidence, but you are right let's stick to 42131 set which looks nice but IMHO @Ngoc Nguyen made it better :thumbup:

3 hours ago, Richombx said:

I don't really want to add fuel to the fire now, but I have recently been trying (and partially succeeding) in programming with the powered up app, and have broken a gear rack in the process with the stupid servo calibration thing with the amount of torque it feeds into the motor to check the steering lock. Sure, C+ is good for other stuff, too much for me to name right now, but PF motors are generally smaller. And if someone finds PF better and wants to implement it in their build or mod, then don't go to disrespect them to that extent. It probably would be different if they complained to TLG and (using your own words) "moaned" to them about how bad the C+ system is in comparison to the PF system, but they're just voicing their opinion, not trying to start a fight. 

10 hours ago, TeamThrifty said:

Your well written post has convinced me to get this set, before I was on the fence, thanks.

Edited by Johnny1360

Bluetooth isn't going anywhere so i don't see a dependency on that protocol as an issue, smartphones? 96% of under 25's in the UK have one, 78% of over 55's... (88% overall) Lego have targeted 88% of the population.... Its difficult to pick fault with that strategy.

...unless you're in the 12% that hasn't got one. But 88% is rock solid business strategy and hardly a minority. No point moaning!

(obviously other countries have different percentage of ownership)

2 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

Your well written post has convinced me to get this set, before I was on the fence, thanks.

I honestly think you'll love it. You know how some builds feel fiddley and disjointed? (claas..) and some just flow with beams and structural things that make sense and you get a real feel for the thing you're building? (bwe...).. This is the latter. Its just really enjoyable to build and feels like its lego and made of bricks, not trying to be a diecast model... I'm no wordsmith(!), so not sure if i've explained it very well, but it feels like sets did when i was 10 yrs old (just massively more sophisticated), and i want lego to make me feel 10 again. I feel 49 the rest of year!!! So faffing around with a 1000 tiny bricks to make my lego look like a tamiya kit just never makes sense to me. Give me beams and more beams and cogs and UJ's and make something big and awesome...just like 8860 did when really was 10...

..maybe i'm just being nostalgic and feeling my age!!! Either way, i love this set.

I just don't like bluetooth system because when I use it I can't wear glove. I played with this dozer in snow some weeks ago. It works very well and it was very fun time. Except my hands almost froze.

10 hours ago, TeamThrifty said:

Wish I could figure out how to delete quote boxes, lol, please disregard.

I pretty much have the same issues with the new Pup system as others, cost and having to jump through hoops to get haptic feedback. Still it is definitely a step in the right direction, wasn't so long ago people endlessly bemoaned the shortcomings of PF. Now it seems those same people wish it was still being used and there was no Pup.

I really would like to see a controller come with the set, while having the option to use a smart device as well, I would also appreciate being able to say so without being harshly criticized, it is actually a bit amusing how people react to others opinions, by calling them out and putting them down for simply expressing their point of view.

I don't care what anyone says, I am buying this set and I will have no regrets doing so, lol.

Edited by Johnny1360

3 hours ago, msk6003 said:

I just don't like bluetooth system because when I use it I can't wear glove. I played with this dozer in snow some weeks ago. It works very well and it was very fun time. Except my hands almost froze.

Bluetooth and glove usability aren't related. What you probably mean is on-screen controls vs. physical controls, and that can be remedied by BrickController 2 or Pybricks.

3 hours ago, msk6003 said:

There are gloves that work with touchscrreens.  

1 hour ago, krtwood said:

There are gloves that work with touchscrreens.  

Yes, they are actually quite common now, in a pinch you can also wrap a small piece of tin foil around your finger. Not sure I would want to do that though, might scratch your screen up a bit.

7 hours ago, AVCampos said:

Bluetooth and glove usability aren't related. What you probably mean is on-screen controls vs. physical controls, and that can be remedied by BrickController 2 or Pybricks.

@krtwood @Johnny1360 I know those type of glove existed but I don't have it and usually those glove is thinner than normal glove.. And Brickcontroller 2 is only working If model use simple speed control like 42109. In this case this dozer(and with 42114) use 2 motor for 4 function and one of motor for control transmission. I already use brickcontroller 2 on simple control model. After get sick weak chilblain when I was in korea army, my hand is weaker on cold more than other people. So I need physical controller when I want play with my model on outside in winter.

One more, touch control don't give feedback to you. This is second leason why I don't like this C+ system. This also can improvement using brickcontroller 2 but still has same problem about simple control model. I planed to make mechanum wheeled moc with 2 C+ hub, 5 L motor(one for each wheel), 2 XL motor, 1 M motor now and only powered up app can move like I want.(8 direction horizontally, left/right turn, aim gun up/down/left/right, fire)  

Edited by msk6003

I'm wondering about box version. Very first issue had D11T mark on box as well as different images on back. Later there were only boxes with D11. Searching through stores without luck to find D11T brings me to question does earlier box with "T" symbol was pre production, or some kind of "limited edition"? Does first edition will be more desirable in the future than second?

5 minutes ago, Waler said:

I'm wondering about box version. Very first issue had D11T mark on box as well as different images on back. Later there were only boxes with D11. Searching through stores without luck to find D11T brings me to question does earlier box with "T" symbol was pre production, or some kind of "limited edition"? Does first edition will be more desirable in the future than second?

I think that was a pre production version.

24 minutes ago, Waler said:

17 minutes ago, allanp said:

I think that was a pre production version.

In Australia we have both box types and the other day I was in the LEGO store and both were on the shelf next to each other. 

And my own personal set is the ‘D11T’ version which I bought from LEGO.com first day it came out

So no clear answer yet, but it should say ‘D11’ as that is the correct naming for the model 

Can anyone please tell me when this is going to be released in New Zealand?, some of the big retail stores don't even mention it?.

On 1/15/2022 at 7:35 PM, JLSTechnic said:

In Australia we have both box types and the other day I was in the LEGO store and both were on the shelf next to each other. 

And my own personal set is the ‘D11T’ version which I bought from LEGO.com first day it came out

So no clear answer yet, but it should say ‘D11’ as that is the correct naming for the model 

So the "D11T" first production set is some kind of a Collector's item/set and only in a limited stock? 

Luckily, i saw seller that has 1 on it...😎

3 hours ago, technicfan said:

Can anyone please tell me when this is going to be released in New Zealand?, some of the big retail stores don't even mention it?.

Not until the new battery box version is in production and distributed. I believe it may be an exclusive to one toy chain, that was mentioned. As I have mentioned to others it is still cheaper to buy it from overseas even with shipping. 

CAT D11 Built but will not calibrate !!!!! ( HELP )

How long should it take to calibrate ?

Received this at Christmas and have been slowly building it in stages each day ever since and double / triple checking all is correct before moving onto the next page.

Checked cable connections from the motors are correctly made.

Found the build very frustrating at times and that the new black 2L pins are very hard to insert especially when there were multiple pins to connect at same time.
Having tendonitis in my wrists doesn’t help.

Build finally completed today and proceeded to try and calibrate it.
Had a message about downloading latest firmware but could not find how to get this.

My iPad connected OK to the hub and a calibration diagram appeared showing the lift rams for the blade on the left & another on the right for blade tilt ?

All I get is a constant squeaking noise from somewhere inside, presumably one of the motors but unable to figure out which one.

Hard to see inside but no gears seem to be moving and unable to determine which motor is squeaking.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Tempted to dismantle and build the PF version as I have enough PF motors & controllers.

34 minutes ago, Doug72 said:

Tempted to dismantle and build the PF version as I have enough PF motors & controllers.

Go go go :laugh:

You don't have to dismantle everything. Assuming you'll use my PF mod, it only mostly affects the builds of bag 1, 2, 5.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

31 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Go go go :laugh:

You don't have to dismantle everything. Assuming you'll use my PF mod, it only mostly affects the builds of bag 1, 2, 5.

Thanks for your reply, & help,  Yes I realise you can break it done into sub units.
I have downloaded your PDF instructions.

Which motor goes to which PF receiver ? and did you used a bespoke hand held contoller.

So far the ripper has been calibrated OK

Now on the next calibration and I have moved iPad close to my router for max download speed 200 Mbps.