Just now, Gimmick said:

Ok, then pneumatics do not suck

They do, but it's kinda like the point (well 50%)

image_iphone.jpg

12 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

LADDUH ACTION!

GET TO THE LADDUH!

Edited by 1974

Holy cow - I don't get that price tag at all *oh2*

I have a hard time believing that the license is pulling it so far beyond the Liebherr - in our local grocery store, I can buy "CAT"-socks very cheap. 

Even at 40 percent discount it's expensive. 

Licenses for Technic are not what is driving up the price. The Arocs and the Unimog were still somewhat okay in price, despite having the oh-so-expensive Mercedes License.

This set is a test balloon to see how much people are willing to pay. Test the waters for a even bigger profit margin.

Edited by Gray Gear

2 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

Licenses for Technic are not what is driving up the price.

CAT, Ferrari, and Harley Davidson are rather famous for whoring out their brand. I got CAT socks for pete's sake. TLG is paying ofr that for sure

Why? Neither CAT, Ferrari or HD needs TLG. TLG needs them. Rather simple

The HD "branding division" is probably bigger than the actual company by now

Volvo is probably another matter

10 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

I don't have 42100 but now I want it.....

If you're into the new C+ thing it's the big one. Probably not going to be outdone as long as C+ is around (And We all KNOW C+ have the longevity of ... what? The same as all the old systems? Bingo!)

I actually never thought the Liebherr was a bad set in any sense. Just well out of my budget, even if you did get a decent bang for the buck. I do prefer my Lego purchases smaller and less expensive, the Volvo hauler is about the most expensive I'm willing to get, and that only with a significant discount (I bought mine for 145€).

At the moment it seems that the Cat is fine set too, I think it looks good and has enough functionality to be interesting. It's just much, much too expensive for what it offers. I might buy it if I got a HUGE discount but not otherwise, even if it probably offers a great building experience and is a nice parts pack.

As for the other large sets of the last few years... I have 42055 and 42082, and they both are great sets, really interesting functions and well designed, along with having a good selection of parts. They also both included just one dumb motor and battery box, so the price was really fair. I see absolutely no problem with TLG making sets like them, but I fear that C+ and its gimmicks have superseded motorized sets with simpler electronics.. Hopefully they will make a comeback soon.

40 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

I don't have 42100 but now I want it.....

IMHO it's well worth the money, it's a beautyfull set with lots of moc possibility's.
It has a pricetag of about €280
If you want one you shouldn't wait too long cause it's "life" will end quite soon.

BTW
It really looks we have a new liftarm now, 5x7 bend.

But I don't recon the exhaust pipes, is that bend 2x2 round brick an existing part?

Edited by JaBaCaDaBra

21 minutes ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

It really looks we have a new liftarm now, 5x7 bend.

No, we don't.

3 hours ago, M_longer said:

Top and rear:
The transmission operates through two drive sprockets for each track to create torque generated from the engines.
240781696_354948049646217_93004582469782

Wow thank you and that beast had suspension, isn´t it?.

2 hours ago, 1974 said:

I have no knowledge of those parts, but if they have a better colour consistency than actual LEGO parts, TLG is in deep sh1te

I believe pretty much any other maker has better colour consistency than LEGO.

The LEGO price in the Netherlands for this is € 450.

That is insane.

I remember buying 8258 for around € 160. For 42056 I paid around € 200.

It's as far as I'm willing to go for a (toy) Lego set.

You could buy 2x 8258 and have money left, or 2x 42056.

I find myself less and less drawn to Technic Lego, much less these kind of numbers. I haven't figured out if it is just overpriced, or just very expensive.

If your batteries die out, or you phone, this is just a sitting pile of dust.

42129 - Zetros? No thanks.

42128 - I might buy this

42113 - Cancelled. Would have bought.

Looking at some other themes, where they release good looking models with lots of functions, I feel I don't like where the Technic theme is going. At all.

5 minutes ago, captainmib said:

The LEGO price in the Netherlands for this is € 450.

That is insane.

I remember buying 8258 for around € 160. For 42056 I paid around € 200.

It's as far as I'm willing to go for a (toy) Lego set.

You could buy 2x 8258 and have money left, or 2x 42056.

Not saying I disagree, but you’re comparing apples to oranges. The Porsche had an RRP €330 in the Netherlands. The CAT will eventually get a significant price reduction as well. Take the Liebherr as example: it’s not difficult to find it for €300 new in box. That’s 33% off RRP. 

18 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

IIRC, Acco had suspension in a way that each track was attached to the main frame, via turntable like hub, while at the front, they were attached together, and to the frame at the same time, via oscillating arm, thus allowing suspension, but only at the front section of the tracks.
7815709392_ca02b39de6_z.jpg

20 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

Not only that, it has it's wheels/tracks on the ground.

Now I know what this set looks like, A BABY TUMBLER :laugh_hard:

4 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Not saying I disagree, but you’re comparing apples to oranges. The Porsche had an RRP €330 in the Netherlands. The CAT will eventually get a significant price reduction as well. Take the Liebherr as example: it’s not difficult to find it for €300 new in box. That’s 33% off RRP. 

I agree you can't compare them directly, but I'm drawing the line somewhere for my wallet.

And we should need to rely on price reductions for a "reasonable" price.

31 minutes ago, Milan said:

IIRC, Acco had suspension in a way that each track was attached to the main frame, via turntable like hub, while at the front, they were attached together, and to the frame at the same time, via oscillating arm, thus allowing suspension, but only at the front section of the tracks.
7815709392_ca02b39de6_z.jpg

Thank you for the information.

28 minutes ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

Not only that, it has it's wheels/tracks on the ground.

Now I know what this set looks like, A BABY TUMBLER :laugh_hard:

And thank you too for the laughs.

Strange. Wonder why a prototype model (old tracks, actuators, motors, etc.) and app is shown on the back of the package instead of a newer lifestyle pic. It's the first time I see something like this on a box.
y3Cm0f7.png

29 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

Strange. Wonder why a prototype model (old tracks, actuators, motors, etc.) and app is shown on the back of the package instead of a newer lifestyle pic. It's the first time I see something like this on a box.

It shows model in prototype stage. Just for looks.