Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 21. Rumors and discussion

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

He has a anchor tattoo, as seen in other pics. The ones with are printing are Centaur, Jaguar Warrior, Castaway and Alien 

Ok that’s what I thought it would be. I have not been able to find these other pictures people speak of. But I’ll keep looking.

12 hours ago, Lucarex said:

How can that beekeeper be a “strong pass”?! *huh*

It’s up there with some of the best ever CMF from the earlier series IMO. That little honey stain drip on the torso is just above and beyond.

I'm more a fan of the fantastical figures - Space, Warrior, Mythical, Horror - especially if it's unlikely we'd ever see them in a "regular" Lego set. Costumes are the exception and I will get a "City" figure it ties in with a personal interest, i.e. martial arts or extreme sports. I'm not at all bothered by how well made the figure is, rather if it clicks with me on a personal level and for me the Beekeeper does not.

If the Alien had the mid-length legs it would look better with his head. I hope to get at least three of them. Very good aliens to populate a sw-scenery

Not sure if anyone's pointed this out but I believe the Beekeepers can thing is actually two exisiting pieces: The mug/cup piece and the 45 angle degree piece introduced in the DC CMF series, both in grey. 

16 hours ago, Mr. President said:

Why is it such an issue that the centaur is female?

The good thing here is that both the horse body and the torso are gender neutral. I don't care what the head / hair is, they can be switched. That way, people can make an collection of both male and female centaurs from one CMF. Whereas if they had put female printing on the torso and horse body, this would not be possible.

21 hours ago, cosmic said:

I’m going to start by saying Series 19 was one of the best series in recent memory. I thought series 20 was good enough and loved the Viking and Power Ranger figures.

This series is one of the most underwhelming of the entire theme. Possibly my absolute least favorite series ever 

I am a bit surprised that S19 was the best for you and you then rail on this series as the least favorite for the costumes and City-like figures (one only interesting for the animal). The contents of S21 and S19 look very similar to me. Warrior, check. Weird space one, check. Boring one but with interesting animal, check. Couple of costume characters, check.  A load of City-types, check.

On 12/1/2020 at 2:26 PM, Borex said:

The violin kid should have been a classical music player of course. That would have been great. What a missed opportunity. 
i don’t like the looks of that kid as well. Even if he has a Blacktron shirt on. He is just boring.

More boring than a man/woman in a plain black suit playing classical music? Unless it was a historical figure playing a violin, I think I'd prefer the kid in the Blacktron top.

People are saying the Space Police figure has a Futuron torso but I haven't found any pics confirming that. Are there no official pics showing it?

5 hours ago, Foxes Productionz said:

Not sure if anyone's pointed this out but I believe the Beekeepers can thing is actually two exisiting pieces: The mug/cup piece and the 45 angle degree piece introduced in the DC CMF series, both in grey. 

Yep saw that in the leaflet. Very clever use of existing elements.

6 hours ago, pawcanada said:

I'm more a fan of the fantastical figures - Space, Warrior, Mythical, Horror - especially if it's unlikely we'd ever see them in a "regular" Lego set. Costumes are the exception and I will get a "City" figure it ties in with a personal interest, i.e. martial arts or extreme sports. I'm not at all bothered by how well made the figure is, rather if it clicks with me on a personal level and for me the Beekeeper does not.

Fair enough but highlighting a figure and saying “strong pass” suggests you think it’s poor, rather than one you simply won’t buy personally.

Just now, danth said:

People are saying the Space Police figure has a Futuron torso but I haven't found any pics confirming that. Are there no official pics showing it?

13 hours ago, 1Panda said:

Ok that’s what I thought it would be. I have not been able to find these other pictures people speak of. But I’ll keep looking.

The reverse side of the leaflet shows it

128247619_146174656838989_8039088654492956263_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fsjo7-1.fna.fbcdn.net&_nc_cat=101&_nc_ohc=MbIBdXkoqz4AX-tEBaD&tp=1&oh=8a743ad034ab6cb9a8039fc5c57b904e&oe=5FF1638E

1 hour ago, MAB said:

I am a bit surprised that S19 was the best for you and you then rail on this series as the least favorite for the costumes and City-like figures (one only interesting for the animal). The contents of S21 and S19 look very similar to me. Warrior, check. Weird space one, check. Boring one but with interesting animal, check. Couple of costume characters, check.  A load of City-types, check.

Can’t say I totally agree with this comparison. I was as tired of costumes last series as I was now, but prefer the Fox and Pizza Guy over the Pug Guy and LadyBug Girl. By this point I’d be more interested in abstract concepts than rehashed tropes already established in literature and media. If it was a Chima like Lady-Bug humanoid I’d be much more excited. The Fox Lady of last series wasn’t as bad imo. Yes last series had a fair share of city figs but they felt more unique. Firefighter had a new hair piece and an uncommon color print for firefighters. The grandma has eccentric hair and a flamingo, the video gamer a high quality print and mold. This series has too many smiling faces which makes the batch look less unique in both character and print. Comparing the faces of this series to series 19 I notice an immediate difference in variety of facial expressions and I notice almost all happy faces in this batch.

Moving forward with this line I think Lego still has plenty of potential if they themselves start to think outside the box. I think I’ll post to the ideas thread to share some of my opinions. All in all though, I am stocked for the warrior and cop figures, and actually happy I don’t feel compelled to buy many figs because it will save me money.

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

The reverse side of the leaflet shows it

Thank you!

Glad to see it's not that ugly print from the City Square Green Futuron guy.

I haven’t bothered with CMF’s at the LEGO store this year but I did see comments from others about some stores identifying the minifigs so they don’t have to be felt up so much. What about limits? My initial target is going to be the Modular & the PaB/BaM, but I may want to grab a few. The centaur & Warrior in particular I’m sure are going to grabbed fast. 

It’s interesting to me that they seem to not like showing the life jacket and gun in most of the pictures also after getting a better look at the space police I think he’s my favorite also the centaur hanging off the stand looks awkward to me but with S10 Medusa it didn’t bother me as much 

3 hours ago, 1Panda said:

It’s interesting to me that they seem to not like showing the life jacket and gun in most of the pictures also after getting a better look at the space police I think he’s my favorite also the centaur hanging off the stand looks awkward to me but with S10 Medusa it didn’t bother me as much 

I was thinking the same thing about the centauride. The differences with the gorgon is that she could plausibly hold her tail up and the minifigure wasn’t unbalanced. The centauride, on the other hand, could not maintain that position and I suspect would tip the base up when attached as shown in the picture in @Robert8’s post (though am not sure as I haven’t simulated it with an HP centaur). Maybe LEGO should have included two bases with the centauride or replaced the usual CMF base with a longer plate.

6 hours ago, danth said:

Thank you!

Glad to see it's not that ugly print from the City Square Green Futuron guy.

I second this.  That green fake Futuron guy was such a disappointment.  I have never viewed the gold line on the classic Futuron torso as a zipper, sometimes less is more.  The original Space Police division of Futuron is my favorite version of Space Police too.  By having the logo on the armor and the torso print we can use them separately to create 2 figs. :excited:  I would have preferred the helmet to have the space logo rather than a badge.  However the badge design they chose is suitably generic enough that it could just be a regiment logo.  Definitely my favorite of the series.  (Which is surprising in a series that also has a centaur which easily would have been my number one in the last few series'.)

I really like the alien guy too.  I love that they made the jumpsuit detailed yet generic enough we can use it as either a mining suit or a prison suit.  Massive thanks to the designers for that choice.

I also greatly appreciate the gender neutral torso print on the centaur.  Am I the only one thinking adding the "Vegas Showgirl" headdress would make an awesome centaur high priestess.

I need that beekeeper for my farm too.  Brilliant use of recolored parts for the smoker.

As boring as it is to get another surfer, I do really like that version.  My beach can always use another unique fig.

I still think the concept of figure series is awesome and so far I still want at least one of each.  I realize that having a little bit of (almost) every theme isn't that common for most anymore though.

Edited by Lord Insanity
Fixed typo

Jang of Jangbricks thinks the Space Police guy is the worst from the set, and honestly I agree with him, in a way. It's pretty vanilla, no new parts, etc. However, that Classic Space-printed armor...I need a bunch of those!

I wish the shield had the full Space Police logo. It has the font at least.

image.png.9b3e7d511f56e8ade26c2cb775413820.png

12 hours ago, astral brick said:

The combination of the smile and the anti-riot gear of the Space policeman is uncomfortable.

Ha! He has a reversible head, FWIW.

I assume the first reviews will be up at any moment now

Edited by Robert8

Does anyone know a release date for this Series 21? I know it will be in January but which day it will be? 

EDIT: Never mInd, I just saw one post above here!

31 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Is the crowbar a new color or is it just black but really shiny?

That’s what I think so but I’m not sure either. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7