5 minutes ago, Jurss said:

No, it doesn't.

How do you know that?

And does it have any new or rare pieces?

2 hours ago, Coolusername said:

I really hope its got the new diff piece!

No way at all, as, I believe, any further non-RC models. This diff has a high reduction ratio which is good for motorization but very bad for models that spin the crankshaft using the wheels. In this case, the gearing-up ratio will cause high friction violating TLG standards. The same story for planetary hubs - they are only for RC, the models with proper engine>to>wheels transmission, not wheels>to>engine models.

@Parazels, it is shown at some photos that it has an old DBG diff part.

Edited by Void_S

2020-03-30_16h33_13.png

For example here, also it is driven by z20 gear, which underlines this. The new differential is driven by z12 gear.

I think the wheelie stand (not keen on this one) is operated by the big LBG lever in the middle console.

Edited by agrof

What were they thinking, that could have been available for the 15-20% less without the licence, for the same set......

wheelie stand is like the ol dragster the other year.  

I like it! I am very glad to see the proper engine return. It also has a good amount of functions for it's size, with steering, suspension and a proper V8 all under the hood. I also really like the all black colour and they seem to have controlled the colour vomit quite well, at least on the outside. Speaking of which, it's also good to see the driving ring extension in light bluish grey. I also like that it has a live rear axle and a few rare parts, like the front steering arms and the torque tube ball and socket thingy. I would have liked to have seen the new style differential from the top gear rally car, no reason not to use it as many sets in the past have had much higher geared engines (such as 8868) and you get that satisfying engine rattle from a Lego V8 that's spinning quite fast that almost makes it sound like a proper V8, but that's a minor nit pick and it would be easy to swap the diff out for the better one. Also it's a little pricey. I have never really found the claim that licencing makes a set noticeably more expensive to be compelling....until now. I'm kinda indifferent on the wheelie bar, it's obviously not realistic but I get why it's there. Maybe it'll have some cool mechanism to make the car fly upwards automatically like in the movie (like the Technic starwars destroyer droid automatically springing open when you roll it on the floor). That would be pretty cool. Or it might just be another knob twiddling exercise! But overall I like it and will most likely pick one up for myself.

Just now, allanp said:

[...] I'm kinda indifferent on the wheelie bar, it's obviously not realistic but I get why it's there. Maybe it'll have some cool mechanism to make the car fly upwards automatically like in the movie (like the Technic starwars destroyer droid automatically springing open when you roll it on the floor).

If this picture is authentic:

dodge-charger-1970-with-blower-55495e33b

(from here), then the used mechanism in the 42111 set is very close to reality.

The wheelie stand is tucked under the cabin, so it's a part of the set and not a separate stand.

42111_BI_03.jpg

So popping the wheelie stand is another function of this set.

10 minutes ago, paul_delahaye said:

What were they thinking, that could have been available for the 15-20% less without the licence, for the same set......

wheelie stand is like the ol dragster the other year.  

42077 cost the same price with the same number of parts and without a license.

4 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Less mold diversity.

TLG might see this as an argument, but I dont. I dont see why you would make the car more ugly to save like 10ct per model, when you gladly pay for a useless F&F license, in addition to the Dodge license that you need as well, right?

I mean the only thing that is F&F on this set is the advertising, right? The model itself could be sold with just a Dodge license... But I guess they hope that the F&F nameplate will attract more Buyers from outside the LEGO community...

I predict the relatively big front wheels will be very unsteady without normal hubs.

Edited by Parazels

Just now, Parazels said:

I predict the relatively big front wheels will be very flimsy without normal hubs.

You are right, there will ba a lot of slack in the steering with this small suspension piece

Edited by Gray Gear

Just now, johnnym said:

Oh yeah, you're right! It is very close to reality, I'd be very happy to accept this as a model of the movie version from that scene.

3 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The wheelie stand is tucked under the cabin, so it's a part of the set and not a separate stand.

42111_BI_03.jpg

So popping the wheelie stand is another function of this set.

Just above the wheelie bar, is that a NxN frame in dark bluish grey I see?

If they really wanted to make it realistic to the cars in the movie, they could have included a 20 speed transmission.. :laugh:

Edited by Paul Boratko

Just now, Paul Boratko said:

If they really wanted to make it realistic to the cars in the movie, they could have included a 20 speed transmission.. :laugh:

Like this :wink:

LrsTag.jpg

The only thing that looks a bit disproportional is steering wheel (to big IMHO)

BTW, if anyone has the wheels from the creator mustang, and the steering arms from the snowmobile, could you see if the steering/suspension would fit inside the mustang wheel? 

28 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

42111_BI_03.jpg

Sorry for quoting the picture, but for me a very promising section of this particular picture is the dark-gray frame corner at the far right bottom. Comparing to the other parts, it really looks dark-gray, which is a non-existing color for frames right now. I see no particular reason to introduce that color for frames, because we have light-gray and black for 5x7 and black for 7x11. UNLESS, of course, if it's the 11x15 frame, which only exists in medium azure.

Also, assuming the chassis is symmetrical and the light-gray cross 1x2 blocks left and right are 7 studs wide, implies the frame is 11 wide. The black beam that forms the wheelie stand is below the frame and we see from other pictures it's probably an 11L beam, this means the frame needs to have this space there, and so, cannot be a 7x11 frame sideways. That would intersect this 11L beam.

So here's my prediction. I think this set has the 11x15 frame in dark gray.

1 hour ago, agrof said:

I think the wheelie stand (not keen on this one) is operated by the big LBG lever in the middle console.

I think so. It should be a kind of outrigger geometry with unfold+lock action. 

1 minute ago, allanp said:

BTW, if anyone has the wheels from the creator mustang, and the steering arms from the snowmobile, could you see if the steering/suspension would fit inside the mustang wheel? 

Indeed. The Mustang set exactly has these "snowmobile" hubs and they perfectly fits into its wheel (the wheels were specifically designed for that). Plus to that, despite the Mustang has no suspension, it could be easily added and doesn't have any collision with wheels nor steering links. I just think we will need to move the arms and hubs at 1-2 studs outside for narrower wheels.

Just now, Erik Leppen said:

Sorry for quoting the picture, but for me a very promising section of this particular picture is the dark-gray frame corner at the far right bottom. Comparing to the other parts, it really looks dark-gray, which is a non-existing color for frames right now. I see no particular reason to introduce that color for frames, because we have light-gray and black for 5x7 and black for 7x11. UNLESS, of course, if it's the 11x15 frame, which only exists in medium azure.

Also, assuming the chassis is symmetrical and the light-gray cross 1x2 blocks left and right are 7 studs wide, implies the frame is 11 wide. The black beam that forms the wheelie stand is below the frame and we see from other pictures it's probably an 11L beam, this means the frame needs to have this space there, and so, cannot be a 7x11 frame sideways. That would intersect this 11L beam.

Good observation. Defender had one in black.

20 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

The only thing that looks a bit disproportional is steering wheel (to big IMHO)

Yeah it would be great to see some "medium-sized" steering wheel once to fill the gap is this scale size, when the big id too big (like here) and the small is to small (like in 42077).

Just now, Void_S said:

Indeed. The Mustang set exactly has these "snowmobile" hubs and they perfectly fits into its wheel (the wheels were specifically designed for that). Plus to that, despite the Mustang has no suspension, it could be easily added and doesn't have any collision with wheels nor steering links. I just think we will need to move the arms and hubs at 1-2 studs outside for narrower wheels.

Good to know, the wheels could do with being thinner. But yeah would probably need to move the whole thing one stud each side.

10 minutes ago, Void_S said:

Yeah it would be great to see some "medium-sized" steering wheel once to fill the gap is this scale size, when the big id too big (like here) and the small is to small (like in 42077).

You can use this part as a medium steering wheel:

https://images.app.goo.gl/ot2btsRSDBqYPC8WA

1 hour ago, johnnym said:

It makes sense that there was trickery involved in the movie shot, popping wheelies is something only the most insanely tuned drag cars tend to do, and there is no reason to go through the effort and expense of making a movie car pop real wheelies when some steel bars and a few pneumatic pistons will do the trick

51 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

Good observation. Defender had one in black.

That's the 7x11 one

1 hour ago, Erik Leppen said:

I think you're right, we can see it on this picture. I've cropped it and highlighted the frame :

11x15 Frame