1 hour ago, GarmaFan said:

.I get what people mean when they say that Ninjago being an all-encompassing theme removes the need for other themes, but it is kind of funny that the Ninja are wearing knight costumes like two years after Nexo Knights ended.

The Ninja having Knight Suits is a kinda stupid idea to me. I would much rather have LEGO dedicate new themes to each concept instead of dumping all their ideas into Ninjago.

The villains are cool though. 

Edited by Lego David

The black skeleton looks cool, it’d be nice to see those growing green eyes on the skeleton dragon. 

The skull sorcerer is not what I was expecting though, his mask looks a little odd with how plain it is. 

Those villains look incredible, especially the Skull Sorcerer(?)! The ninja on the other hand.... awfull. They always managed to change the ninja suits up in such a way that it's still a ninja suit and can be used for stealth (even though the colors wouldn't make sense), but these are just multicolored knights. The printing and the new pieces all look great but I just can't get behind this new idea...

1 hour ago, GarmaFan said:

Just saw someone post Jay and Nya's summer 2020 suits. They look cool, interesting that they seem to be wearing the Season 11 suits under the armor.I get what people mean when they say that Ninjago being an all-encompassing theme removes the need for other themes, but it is kind of funny that the Ninja are wearing knight costumes like two years after Nexo Knights ended.

To me they look less like knights and more like ninja with a lot of armour. I think they’ve done well to make them look like ‘dungeon explorers’ while keeping them looking like ninja. 

The Skull Sorcerer and one his skeleton minions have also leaked and they look amazing! They’ve really gone for a plague doctor look for the Sorcerer and it makes them look quite menacing. The skeleton warriors look super cool, the black and green colour scheme give them a great spooky look. Can’t wait to see more of what the next wave has to offer.

EDIT: for those interested, the words on the Sorcerer’s robes say ‘Dead Rise’. Makes sense considering their apparent skill. 

Edited by Tobias_Jay

The sorcerer is looking ace. Outstanding figure. The skeleton, well, i don’t get it. I mean i like the shoulder piece which is very useful, but i hope that its head is a mask with a normal minifig head beneath it, otherwise i think it is kinda stupid. 

I must say I love those minifigs. Ninjas look awesome, I love when Lego is consistent - they got new suits for S11, than at the beginning of S12 they sill have them and they change when they go into the game (S12 sets suits) and in S13 they still have S11 suitsand just wear armour over those.

Villains look fantastic. Black skeleton looks amazing, and the Sorcerer looks incredible (not sure what's going on with his face tho).

9 minutes ago, Borex said:

The sorcerer is looking ace. Outstanding figure. The skeleton, well, i don’t get it. I mean i like the shoulder piece which is very useful, but i hope that its head is a mask with a normal minifig head beneath it, otherwise i think it is kinda stupid. 

I’m pretty sure it’s a new variation on the headpiece they used for Nuckal/Kruncha/Wyplash in the Legacy sets. 

The Skull Sorceror looks amazing. But yeah, these ninja variants are weird. Cool but weird. I just . . . I honestly don’t know what to make of these. That mismatched shoulder armour looks very anime-like though. 

Can’t wait to see Cole, since this is his season. I hope they do something special for him. Beyond that . . I actually sorta hope they pick one or two ninja to have in just every set this season, like the ridiculous prevalence of Jay, Kai and Lloyd compared to Cole, Nya and Zane in Prime Empire. Because if the generic (or at least new) designs of Jay and Nya are anything to go by, I could really see myself tossing the mask-helmets and using these armoured designs as fantasy knights/guards in a display. 

Also OMG that shield is gorgeous I WANT ALL OF THEM.

5 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Also OMG that shield is gorgeous I WANT ALL OF THEM.

That shield is insane! I need multiple too

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I’m pretty sure it’s a new variation on the headpiece they used for Nuckal/Kruncha/Wyplash in the Legacy sets. 

It's the same piece but in black

On 3/14/2020 at 5:01 AM, GeneralNumberOne said:

I hope Lego cancels this soon. All my local stores (and I live in a large town for my state) are filled to the brim with old Ninjago sets (some as old as Sons of Garmadon). These things don't move. The brand isn't what it used to be. It's going to be a big part of what will kill Lego. Believe me, the end is near.

I could say that about Lego overwall. They oversaturated the market.

The new figures looks better than imagine, and I can't wait to use those pieces in custom factions!

Edited by Lordofdragonss

For one-and-done ninja hood molds that have become so annoyingly commonplace with this theme, I must confess these latest ones are kinda too cool for me to fret about. I don't know, maybe I just miss Nexo Knights... :shrug_oh_well:

For those who laughed at Nexo Knighst, now we have NinjaKnights hahaha

And the masked villain reminds me of a Plague Doctor. Talk about timing....

I'm enjoying the minifigure accessories from what I've seen. I'll probably pick up a few.

They look very medieval, not what I expected but I like it. The black skeletons are almost identical to the legacy skeletons but with green face printing. 

The minifigures are interesting. But what I want to see are the sets. I want to know what the skeleton dragon looks like.

2 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

The minifigures are interesting. But what I want to see are the sets. I want to know what the skeleton dragon looks like.

It’ll probably be another month or so. They have a June release, and we typically see leaked images about two months in advance,

Certainly love the figures, the black/green skeletons fit right in with the green/black Nexo Knight monsters of 2018, and the Ninja-knight outfits do look nice with the knight-visors and armor prints, shields look very nice as well.

I like the more fantasy/medieval take on the theme for sure, the Dungeon and Dragon vibe is nice.

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I actually like this upcoming season a lot more compared to the Gamer theme, and I'm a big fan of Nexo Knights.

Edited by TeriXeri

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

And the masked villain reminds me of a Plague Doctor. Talk about timing....

How about V for Vendetta mask instead.  I'm loving the figs so far hope the builds are just as good.  Can't wait to see the rest of the cast and villains.  My  youngest son is loving this so far.