3 hours ago, howitzer said:

There was 42066, which was branded as an Air Race Jet, but I don't really see how that sort of plane would serve any practical function besides military applications.

A study of how not to design a functional aeroplane? :P i kid, i just cant see past the missing elevators on that set, or rather, lake of functional wings, given that the wings are so far back and are small enough to give an F104 delusions of magnum sized wings.

The creator blue power jet was a pretty example as well, everyone with half a brain will think "F-35" when looking at that set.

Personally i dont think the osprey being military is a big deal, it isnt a weapon system, just a transport, and things like the Unimog and Space Shuttle have been used by the military as well (in non direct combat roles)

2 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

Personally i dont think the osprey being military is a big deal, it isnt a weapon system, just a transport, and things like the Unimog and Space Shuttle have been used by the military as well (in non direct combat roles)

Bulldozers and backhoes are also used by the military. Cranes and telehandlers as well. The engineering corps use anything you'd find at a construction site, really.

1 minute ago, vectormatic said:

A study of how not to design a functional aeroplane? :P i kid, i just cant see past the missing elevators on that set, or rather, lake of functional wings, given that the wings are so far back and are small enough to give an F104 delusions of magnum sized wings.

The creator blue power jet was a pretty example as well, everyone with half a brain will think "F-35" when looking at that set.

Yeah, I believe the important distinction here is that Osprey isn't a combat vehicle, and if you consider it's actual purpose (transport) there's no reason why it couldn't be directly used in civilian applications too. Harder to invent a proper civilian purpose for a tank.

The Osprey was a contender for the renewal of Norwegian Civil SAR helicopters a few years back, so it has been marketed towards a non-military application.

59 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Bulldozers and backhoes are also used by the military. Cranes and telehandlers as well. The engineering corps use anything you'd find at a construction site, really.

Yes but then they are painted in army colors and not vibrant like yellow or orange ...

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

Yes but then they are painted in army colors and not vibrant like yellow or orange ...

Well, according to toyfair reports 'vibrant like orange' is exactly what LEGO did with the V22...:wink:

58 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

Well, according to toyfair reports 'vibrant like orange' is exactly what LEGO did with the V22...:wink:

Sometimes U.S. Navy uses its he or red accents on their helicopters, so perhaps we'll see similar thing with V-22?

On 5/26/2020 at 3:39 PM, hjxbf said:

The Osprey was a contender for the renewal of Norwegian Civil SAR helicopters a few years back, so it has been marketed towards a non-military application.

SAR would make total sense for the brand, maybe for the coast guard or some other organisation that's also a bit less militaristic. Orange as a colour would also fit that bill perfectly.

7 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

I, on the other hand, am glad leaks aren't as badly contained as in previous years.

Thing is, it didn't seem to impact things much last year releasing images a bit earlier. There have been no knockoff versions of 42097, 42098 or 42099. The only wholesale knockoff was of 42110 and there was a not-really-much-of-a-copy of 42100. We didn't see the whole wave getting knocked off as with previous years.

51 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

It's official. This is the longest we've ever had to wait for 2H images. :wall:

Since the Lego Fan Media Days were Friday and Saturday and now is still a holiday, maybe something will come this week.

36 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

There have been no knockoff versions of 42097, 42098 or 42099.

42099 ;)

There is a knockoff from Mould King.

1 hour ago, Gimmick said:

2 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

There have been no knockoff versions of 42097, 42098 or 42099.

42099 ;)

There is a knockoff from Mould King.

I'm surprised at that, since the 42097 and 42098 don't have any new moulds (only new colours, which is easy to clone), whereas the 42099 has the complex PUp elements and planetary hubs.

42 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

I'm surprised at that, since the 42097 and 42098 don't have any new moulds (only new colours, which is easy to clone), whereas the 42099 has the complex PUp elements and planetary hubs.

The MK version does of course use normal XL/servo motors. I do not know how they build the suspension, I just saw a picture.

4 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

It's official. This is the longest we've ever had to wait for 2H images. :wall:

The wait is over !!!!

Catalogue is leaked, you shall seen them in 24 hours.

11 minutes ago, Technicallism said:

you shall seen them in 24 hours.

The leaked or the official version?

Rotors are black, plus new panels from Sian in DBG.

Edited by keymaker

I am not very interested on the truck, but definitely looks like a potent model.

The Osprey... the Osprey... that thing looks really-realy good (expect maybe the yellow/orange engine covers). :wub:

Edited by agrof

Interesting, the leak of the cement mixer I saw had white barrel. I love osprey's color combo, it looks epic. 

Edited by Zerobricks

Just now, Zerobricks said:

I love osprey's color combo, it looks dick. 

Got something else on your mind there bud :grin: