7 hours ago, Void_S said:

@dimaks13 found the inner interior image and posted in the 2019 set thread, so I prefer to put it here.

l_lego-42096-technic-porsche-911-rsr-7.j

I would till the steering wheel upward if it's not tillable already - I suppose that it could be an universal joint between the Steering wheel  and a tan gear.

Is that panel on the steering wheel a new part? i have never seen it before! Or i just only a Technic fan.

And omg, there LOT of stickers.

Edited by SamuelYsc
reason

I think it is black tile 2 X 2 with sticker on steering wheel...

17 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

I think it is black tile 2 X 2 with sticker on steering wheel...

Oh. You're right

On 11/24/2018 at 6:09 PM, vectormatic said:

Honestly, the margin of error on the dimensions is roughly the same on the porsches, 42096 might be a tad long, but at least it gets the height a lot better, and the roof/cabin structure looks a bit more meaty/filled in. Looking at the pics im guessing the front can be shortened by 1 or 2 studs without running into rebuilding the entire front end from scratch, the rear might also be able to shrink by 1 stud, which would put the deviation down to <5%.

The lower and wider body of the 42056 makes it look even more aggressive than the real model and only adds to the appeal of a sports car, while a higher roofline and narrower body does the opposite, I'd say. In short, I prefer the dimensions of the 42056 compared to 42096 any day.

Also, relative to scale, what is the ground clearence of the 42056 porsche compared to the real GT3 RS? At what height are the measurements of the 42056 taken in the above example?

Edited by zoo

Business is business. What we can do? So if most of the people will buy the porshe only because:

- it is a car

- it looks well on the shelf

- it is more affordable than previous one

- it does not require 10+ hours to build

Then Lego companies will prepore more of them. Less functions, more appearance. Pity...

I am the first one wanting more and more functions but sometimes I like this type of sets, I have the three big Ferrari Racers and I had fun while I built them, I feel the same with this car, I will build it and then will be dismantled and used for MOCs.

A few seconds ago i wrote that i don´t like the corvette. This Porsche looks fairly nice. Not so nice and not so ambitioned like the 42056 Porsche, but this one will do. Ok, it has less funktions than the 42056, and that doesn´t have a lot, but there are other sets with  more funkctions, and maybe (i have to see this model on real life) there is a way to add some more or less senseful funktions.

10 hours ago, Steinbeisserheld said:

there is a way to add some more or less senseful funktions.

That will be most interesting part of this set. I think, Lego does with intension, so we also have something to do. What would we do, if Lego made perfect set.

36 minutes ago, Jurss said:

That will be most interesting part of this set. I think, Lego does with intension, so we also have something to do. What would we do, if Lego made perfect set.

We’d enjoy it and praise it for how accurate and functionally complex it is? You don’t hear anybody complaining about 42043 and 8110 being technological marvels.

Such a bad argument

Edited by Bartybum

10 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Such a bad argument

Not so much a bad argument, just different opinion. Let's hope 2h brings some more functional sets, then TLG has (again) pleased everybody with a complete and diverse line-up.

1 hour ago, Rudivdk said:

Not so much a bad argument, just different opinion. Let's hope 2h brings some more functional sets, then TLG has (again) pleased everybody with a complete and diverse line-up.

I think it excuses bad design choices and cutting corners in the name of promoting creativity. How am I (or a kid) supposed to improve the set if it’s the only Lego set I have?

10 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

How am I (or a kid) supposed to improve the set if it’s the only Lego set I have?

And this is where he learnt how marketing works:classic:

You ask parents to buy you more, or buy it yourself.

19 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

How am I (or a kid) supposed to improve the set if it’s the only Lego set I have?

I doubt a newbie would improve the set on the first attempt anyway. You must have more sets and experience to add a gear box or something else to the Porsche.

Edited by Yevhen

And this is precisely the type of marketing that I hate. Leaving shit out that should be there in the first place to try scalp a customer into buying more. It’s scummy by principle in my books.

Edited by Bartybum

55 minutes ago, Yevhen said:

I doubt a newbie would improve the set on the first attempt anyway.

Newbie will just buy that set becaue of looks, will build it and will be happy, he won't notice any lack of functionality or similar.

9 minutes ago, Jurss said:

Newbie will just buy that set becaue of looks, will build it and will be happy, he won't notice any lack of functionality or similar.

Is that so ?

Then TLG's motto is not was it used to be.

I really don't think TLG purposely make sets worse to give the builder something to improve on lol. At least I hope not!

1 hour ago, allanp said:

I really don't think TLG purposely make sets worse to give the builder something to improve

Doubt it too.

5 hours ago, Bartybum said:

And this is precisely the type of marketing that I hate. Leaving shit out that should be there in the first place to try scalp a customer into buying more. It’s scummy by principle in my books.

The problem here is though, if they add a gearbox back in, and add an improved flappy paddle mechanism (and whatever functions you might find on a GTE car, maybe airjacks?), the cost will spiral out of control

Lego choses to focus these sets more on looks then on functions, adding functions anyway would come at a cost, which might make it unsellable. Personally if the 911 RSR was another €300+ porsche, i wouldve skipped it.

On 11/30/2018 at 1:18 PM, Bartybum said:

This could only be written by either a true passionate lego fan or a deep hater:classic:.

I feel like you are a little bit overreacting though. You have only seen a few pictures. Probably it's enough to get a glimpse of what it would be, but you have to agree that getting and touching it live can be different.

Edited by gate

On 11/30/2018 at 5:35 PM, vectormatic said:

On 11/30/2018 at 5:35 PM, vectormatic said:

The problem here is though, if they add a gearbox back in ... the cost will spiral out of control

What?! +50 (or less) tiny parts (gears, axles and short beams) would make the set dramatically expensive?!

42069 has +800 parts and + 3 functions for the same price!